• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshots confirmed.

w7Etv.jpg

haha hey you never know theres 50% chance.. either they're bullshots or they're not lol

snesfreak

Banned
As you get older, you perceive time differently. Asking someone 20 and asking someone 30 to estimate out a minute, the 20 year old is usually closer. It's why it felt forever from birthday to birthday when you're a kid and why you tend to be surprised when your birthday comes up when you're older.

E3 -> November is not that hard but goddamn some of the game release wait times when I was younger took forever.
You calling me old?

Anth0ny

As you get older, you perceive time differently. Asking someone 20 and asking someone 30 to estimate out a minute, the 20 year old is usually closer. It's why it felt forever from birthday to birthday when you're a kid and why you tend to be surprised when your birthday comes up when you're older.

E3 -> November is not that hard but goddamn some of the game release wait times when I was younger took forever.

The wait between Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Gold/Silver felt like an eternity. It seemed like that Gen I hype lasted my entire childhood.

Gen I really only lasted 2 years. Crazy.

Instro

*siiiiiigh*

Ok, what about those guys who made Mario and Luigi 1/3? Surely they got something soon, right? BIS came out in 2009!

AlphaDream had some Japan only DS casual game that came out in 2010, so they should be due for something soon. A lot of Nintendo's developers have no announced game atm.

The wait between Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Gold/Silver felt like an eternity. It seemed like that Gen I hype lasted my entire childhood.

Gen I really only lasted 2 years. Crazy.

I remembered when I was a kid and all I could do was try to catch all these Pokemon in Yellow. There were 150(1 for Mew) out there, and I just had to acquire as many as I could. I traded extra pokemon with my friends who had Red and Blue just so I can have my own set.

Then they announced there was gonna be a hundred more. I told myself that I just couldn't be bothered, but thinking back, I just didn't see Pokemon as special anymore. There were more of them out there, and it made them that less unique and interesting to me. I haven't played a Pokemon since, although by all accounts they are still great games(one of my friends since elementary school still plays, told me Black was fantastic). In a way, I'm glad they still are.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nothing Wii U exclusive/specific in the AssCreed preview. Screens are most likely stock that doesn't represent at all what the game will look like at release.

EDIT: Same for Darksiders II but holy crap does it look gorgeous!

jacksrb

If I can ask a dumb question, how exactly is the Wii U tablet DOING what's shown on the E3 demo reel with no back camera?

Ex: http://youtu.be/eniBUtc4Uws

2:22 - Baseball game's pitch location and outfield catching looks pretty convincing for not knowing where the TV is.

3:11 - Aiming at the TV and seeing an enlarged view with the scope. Well, maybe this could be explained away with using the Wii remote in conjunction, but --

3:42 - The internet browsing knows exactly where the TV is.

So however it does it, camera or not, it apparently does it.

How about the front camera specs? Anyone know if we can expect better resolution than 3DS this time around? I think I'd rather have ONE quality camera than multiple cheap-o's.

Well, the tech certainly works in the Shield Pose and Tokyo Street demos. I think that it is a combination of the accelerometer, gyroscope, and the IR camera (just like the Wii mote) on top of the unit. However, there is a little magic like resetting it to a certain position every time in shield pose.

Nothing Wii U exclusive/specific in the AssCreed preview. Screens are most likely stock that doesn't represent at all what the game will look like at release.

Was it one of these screens that made you say WOW? These were already released, but these two are my favorite (and they were used in the NP preview) --

FaXMc.jpg

HUa13.jpg

Linkhero1

Killer Freaks, CoD BLOPs 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, 007 Legends and who knows what other FPS all likely for launch. Decisions, decisions.

Eh the rest don't really interest me so it's much easier for me. :p

I think CoD is the only FPS on consoles that I play aside from Halo.

NateDrake

Nothing wrong with that as long as the screens look good. Having seen Ass Creed 3 at PAX East, the game is a lovely one. The released screens from Ubisoft are pretty close to the footage we saw -- but the footage wasn't as clean as the screens.

Killer Freaks, CoD BLOPs 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, 007 Legends and who knows what other FPS all likely for launch. Decisions, decisions.

I'm rooting for Killer Freaks, it seems like the underdog. But I like the concept art and the (bull)shots we've seen so far.

Is anyone NOT getting ACIII at launch? I've never had any interest in the previous games but that American Revolution setting is way too compelling/unique to pass up.

Linkhero1

Is anyone NOT getting ACIII at launch? I've never had any interest in the previous games but that American Revolution setting is way too compelling/unique to pass up.

I'm not. Never had an interest in the series, but we'll see. If I get desperate I might...I just might.

Redford

aka Cabbie
At first I thought the AR was a great premise for the game, mostly because of that first bad-ass leaked art and boxcover. But I'm less and less excited now that I think of what other settings they could have picked.

Will still buy it though. The series is really good. Thus will be the luxury of only having to own one console for once, as a Nintendo gamer. :3

'Cept Halo 4

BD1

Banned

I'm not a huge AC fan, but I'm with you. The revolution setting is pretty cool and definitely has me interested.

I LOVED AC2, liked AC2.5, couldn't even stomach AC2.75. They burned me out on the series with the annual releases and not changing enough, but AC3 looks to be a real sequel, with lots of changes to the formula. I might not be buying it at launch, but I'm sure to pick it up.

I like the AC series, really. And I like that gamers actually bought 8 million copies about a Palestinian Assassin from the 12th century who stabs politicians and runs away through a street of beggars.

It's beautiful. Very atmospheric.
and very bullshottyy

I'm gonna play AC3 just not at launch. 1 was alright, 2 was GREAT, the filler ones afterwards were decent to good as well, but I hated the milking, really want 3 but bad release timing. It's gonna wait and I'll play it during a slump.

Linkhero1

We haven't really heard much from Japanese third party developers regarding the Wii U. What games from Japanese developers do you guys want/expect to show up at E3?

The only thing I want to see on the Wii U from a Japanese developer is a Castlevania game by Iga, but I don't expect them to release a Igavania on the Wii U.

MisterHero

Was it one of these screens that made you say WOW? These were already released, but these two are my favorite (and they were used in the NP preview) --

FaXMc.jpg
Retro's going to have their work cut out for them if their next game isn't cartoony like DK

I hope they enjoy the challenge

We haven't really heard much from Japanese third party developers regarding the Wii U. What games from Japanese developers do you guys want/expect to show up at E3?

The only thing I want to see on the Wii U from a Japanese developer is a Castlevania game by Iga, but I don't expect them to release a Igavania on the Wii U.
SF X Tekken maybe
Dead Rising?
Something by Square-Enix

Roo

I'm rooting for Killer Freaks, it seems like the underdog. But I like the concept art and the (bull)shots we've seen so far.

Same hare
there's something about that game that I really like
I love the atmosphere of this part of this video

5:53 looks great imo and it has potential overall

M74

Unfortunately, that demo of Killer Freaks made it look like A) it controlled like shit and B) that there's one type of enemy (that looks and acts like a cross between Woola from John Carter and the rabbids) with terrible AI.

BD1

Banned
Retro's going to have their work cut out for them if their next game isn't cartoony like DK

I hope they enjoy the challenge

SF X Tekken maybe
Dead Rising?
Something by Square-Enix

It'd be cool if Crystal Chronicles ditched the FF brand and became a full fledged stand alone IP exclusive to Nintendo/Wii U.

Unfortunately, that demo of Killer Freaks made it look like A) it controlled like shit and B) that there's one type of enemy (that looks and acts like a cross between Woola from John Carter and the rabbids) with terrible AI.

True, but that demo was so early it probably shouldn't have even been shown.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

I think that footage was pretty damn early. I won't be judging the game based on that presentation. If it looks much better at E3 I'll consider picking it up.

Lyude77

The only card series you should want on the Wii U is Lost Kingdoms...sigh.

Though I would love a Pokemon TC game on 3DS or Wii U.
I want Culdcept Saga too, but that probably wouldn't come to America. Maybe the 3DS one will, if I get lucky. Nintendo seems to be pushing it some in Japan.

On a more recent news note, I'm trying not to be too hyped for E3. I need to save the excitement for like June 1, haha.

Terrell

I expect...

- Capcom to issue ports of its fighters and RE6

- Sega to have nothing in 2012 (cuz Sega's management team is so meandering that they wouldn't be ready to start developing anything but Yakuza in-house), but will pick up steam after missing the party at launch

- Square Enix to have DQX ready 4 months from launch, and an announcement of a Versus XIII port

- Konami to have nothing (to flip the meme a bit, "it's Konami")

- Bandai Namco to have announcements of anime tie-ins and not much else, but they're a bit of a wild one to predict at times... maybe a Tales game?

- Koei Tecmo to have DoA5

Beyond that, we'll see some out of nowhere game announcements of either new IPs or ones no one sees coming. But for internal teams, that's what I see happening.

Yeah but that demo was nothing but an early 360 build with Upad controls slapped on it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict KF will be one of, if not the best looking Wii U game at launch.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

FaXMc.jpg

HUa13.jpg

These are bullshots like all of Ubisoft's media. Asset quality is probably identical, but Ubisoft always dumps a ton of AA and AF on their screens to clean up jaggies and increase distant texture clarity. The game wont look exactly like that on any console, especially when blown up to a giant screen.

udivision

These are bullshots like all of Ubisoft's media. Asset quality is probably identical, but Ubisoft always dumps a ton of AA and AF on their screens to clean up jaggies and increase distant texture clarity. The game wont look exactly like that on any console, especially when blown up to a giant screen.

maybe on a...
sub screen
dun dun DAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom