• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

snesfreak

Banned
These are bullshots like all of Ubisoft's media. Asset quality is probably identical, but Ubisoft always dumps a ton of AA and AF on their screens to clean up jaggies and increase distant texture clarity. The game wont look exactly like that on any console, especially when blown up to a giant screen.
It will in 2050 when I'm an old man playing it on a Wii U emulator.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
maybe on a...
sub screen
dun dun DAAA

Funny thing, this is actually possible depending on how the sub screen works :lol. If it renders the game natively at the Wii U pad's resolution, then no. But if it renders at the game's usual resolution, streams it to the Wii U pad, and the Wii U pad displays a lower pixel resolution (eg: 854x480), what you'll get is essentially supersampling. Aka the best anti-aliasing solution around.

It will in 2050 when I'm an old man playing it on a Wii U emulator.

It could look like that in 2012 if you played it on a PC :p.

BD1

Banned
I expect...

- Capcom to issue ports of its fighters and RE6

- Sega to have nothing in 2012 (cuz Sega's management team is so meandering that they wouldn't be ready to start developing anything but Yakuza in-house), but will pick up steam after missing the party at launch

My hope for RE6 has pretty much died. I expect the "Gold" version six months from now, but sadly I think we'll miss the initial launch. Maybe a new RE: Mercs in the eShop?

I think from Sega we can reasonably expect All Stars Racing. Maybe a Sonic game? Whatever came of that Sonic Demensions rumor?

Linkhero1

My hope for RE6 has pretty much died. I expect the "Gold" version six months from now, but sadly I think we'll miss the initial launch. Maybe a new RE: Mercs in the eShop?

I think from Sega we can reasonably expect All Stars Racing. Maybe a Sonic game? Whatever came of that Sonic Demensions rumor?

Why's that? Nintendo and Capcom seem to have a pretty good relationship right now. Pretty sure if it's a Wii U launch title then Capcom wouldn't be able to talk due to NDA even if they wanted to.

Personally I'm not going to be picking the title up, but I might if they do release a Gold version.

Haha. The former, though at the same time I have a feeling it will be one of the games to take advantage of at least some (since it's early it probably wouldn't be all) of the GPU's "extra features".
hopefully it has the gameplay to match, I always envisioned it somewhere between resident evil if it were and FPS and left 4 dead.

Instead it will be some really shallow easy game with shallow multiplayer or coop and shallow everything. But hey it might look pretty :p

BurntPork

Banned
Why's that? Nintendo and Capcom seem to have a pretty good relationship right now. Pretty sure if it's a Wii U launch title then Capcom wouldn't be able to talk due to NDA even if they wanted to.

Personally I'm not going to be picking the title up, but I might if they do release a Gold version.

They flat-out said that they're not working on it right now, and Alberto said that he warned us. He said a few months ago that he knew of a major game that wouldn't make it to Wii U this holiday, and it seems that RE6 was it. It's not coming.

Instro

They flat-out said that they're not working on it right now, and Alberto said that he warned us. He said a few months ago that he knew of a major game that wouldn't make it to Wii U this holiday, and it seems that RE6 was it. It's not coming.

Not at launch anyway.

BD1

Banned

It's possible NDAS is the reason Capcom denied a Wii U version was coming (for now), but I think it boils down to resources. I'm not sure the dev cycle of RE6, coupled with Nintendo's dev kit timeline, would allow them to get a Wii U version completed in time for launch. That's why I think it misses Wii U launch, but eventually gets ported over when they release a second version.

We haven't really heard much from Japanese third party developers regarding the Wii U. What games from Japanese developers do you guys want/expect to show up at E3?

Here's what I expect.

Already announced:
Pretty much everything Sega, Capcom, and Tecmo Koei are making; some of Namco's stuff; and pretty much nothing from Konami that doesn't involve soccer or dancing. Square-Enix barely makes console games, but I'm sure it has some token support. The Eidos side of Square-Enix probably doesn't, though. On the other side of the globe, I think we'll see strong support from Ubisoft, THQ, and Activision, but other companies like EA and WB will have kind of iffy support. Take-Two and Zenimax will show barely any support if they show any at all.

New stuff:
Sonic, Dynasty Warriors, Saints Row 4, Dead Space 3. I can't think of any games, but there will probably be some.

It's possible NDAS is the reason Capcom denied a Wii U version was coming (for now), but I think it boils down to resources. I'm not sure the dev cycle of RE6, coupled with Nintendo's dev kit timeline, would allow them to get a Wii U version completed in time for launch. That's why I think it misses Wii U launch, but eventually gets ported over when they release a second version.

But didn't Vigil get DS2 up and running on WiiU in a matter of weeks?

RE6 is a bummer, I'll admit. There are some real obvious gameplay things they can do with the uPad that make a whole lot of sense. Hopefully they announce what their plans are relatively soon and it shows up not TOO far after launch. Wii U is where I intend to buy this game if it's at all possible.

Does Sega have anything other than ASR and Aliens CM announced for this Fall?

ReyVGM

I wonder why Nintendo won't announce the price and release date of the Wii U at E3? Sony did with the Vita, and the competitive pricing alongside the 3DS made a huge positive impact. If they price it competitive as well, it gives people a lot more incentive to be launch day buyers.

And it can shut up IGN and their "Wii U Price Headache" nonsense.

It's a smart move. That way people (reporters) will focus on the hardware and the games and not how much it will cost.

Linkhero1

Ah I see. Not that big of a deal in my opinion.

True. If they do port it over, it's best to do some sort of Gold version a few months after launch.

Yeah but that demo was nothing but an early 360 build with Upad controls slapped on it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict KF will be one of, if not the best looking Wii U game at launch.

such a strange game concept. I hope you are right that it can pull off great visuals not sure if I'll be buying though

I would have been happier with RedSteel 3 at launch

there must be huge amount of changes to this game by now so I'll wait and see if it grows on me... I just did not want to play some dude going out at night around his block hunting alien rats

Let's say the Wii-U has a completely new reveal this E3 - it's quite a bit different from what Nintendo showed before. It is more powerful in every way than modern gaming computers, costs $300, and has the best launch lineup ever, comes packed with a new Zelda game and F-Zero. It supports up to 4 screen units per system.

But it requires that you wear this:

toshiba_bubble_helmet.jpg

Do you buy it?

adroit

Do you buy it?
What the heck is that? Is it shopped? If that thing weighs anything at all it would be a serious neck injury risk. Take a number, lawyers.

Edit: That has to be shopped. It looks like a little camera blown up out of proportion.

Edit 2: Wow. It isn't shopped (read below). Incredible.

But didn't Vigil get DS2 up and running on WiiU in a matter of weeks?

Yep. Really doesn't mean a lot though. RE6 is bound to be a big game. Capcom probably doesn't have the resources laying around to do a port that meets their quality standards without having to delay all the other versions out of the holiday window.

I've said it before and it bears repeating: I expect that we'll see most if not all the annual stuff this Fall. Anything else is anybody's guess but I fully expect some of the multiplatform stuff to miss launch window and maybe even not get ported at all. It'll get at least somewhat made up for with a few late ports and "exclusive" third party content.

This isn't anything to get all that bothered by, just depends on available manpower, budget, and the state of whatever middleware they're using at the time.

You can't in all fairness make any statements about the quality of third party support until maybe a year, year and a half after the system launches.

What the heck is that? Is it shopped? If that thing weighs anything at all it would be a serious neck injury risk. Take a number, lawyers.
Not shopped, it's the fully functional Toshiba Bubble Helmet prototype. It was suposed to offer a full 360 degree panoramic view.

adroit

Not shopped, it's the fully functional Toshiba Bubble Helmet prototype. It was suposed to offer a full 360 degree panoramic view.
That's amazing. Thanks for the info. No, I wouldn't buy it. I would be very interested to hear what other people had to say about it, though.

next question about Killer Freak then would be do we first see it on Monday June 4th at Ubisoft's presentation or Tuesday Morning?

the other question is if CAPCOM is too busy to port RE6 at launch for WiiU what do they have at Launch? They can't possibly have not prepared anything

I expect a first party title (Pikmin 3) to be the graphical showcase for Wii U, even if development started on Wii I dont think that means anything at all. Really a stupid observation if you asked me.

Glass Joe

Oh god! Those AC screens.

God dammit. All i want to be able to do is play that game, on my bed, on my U pad, before were invaded by aliens...hhhhhhh

Nice screens, but they're likely PC shots maxed out. The fact that Nintendo Power felt the need to clarify it might not look like that on Wii U raises an eyebrow. We'll see. Hopefully it will look noticeably better than 360 even if it can't hit those shots exactly. This will be the perfect game to get an idea on what the U can handle though, with side-by-side comparisons.

the other question is if CAPCOM is too busy to port RE6 at launch for WiiU what do they have at Launch? They can't possibly have not prepared anything

Street Fighter x Tekken

I expect a first party title (Pikmin 3) to be the graphical showcase for Wii U, even if development started on Wii I dont think that means anything at all. Really a stupid observation if you asked me.

Retro's game, if it shows up, will be the real jaw dropper.

Penguin

Killer Freaks, CoD BLOPs 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, 007 Legends and who knows what other FPS all likely for launch. Decisions, decisions.

Well of those, will get 007 Legends for sure, and even though it isn't true. Bond has always been a Nintendo franchise in my head even though not huge on GoldenEye N64.

You're not the only one that thinks that. Bond sells best on the Nintendo platforms. Even the crappy version of Quantum of Solace did better than the other versions IIRC.

Glass Joe

It does illustrate what whatshisname was talking about before, about it being weird that the controller was flat in the E3'11 demo when they were playing Othello.

Yeah that was me. The pictures of the back of the unit don't explain how it lays flat either. It looks like it has some grooves to snap some piece of plastic into though. It would be nicer if there was a non-intrusive, retractable solution because if it's a plastic snap thing that's kind of cheap and toy like. Better than sticking a 3DS case under it though, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom