• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar: Reloaded |OT| Full Steam Ahead!

Yeah, the hoverboard events are awesome. But seriously, if Carbine really wants money they should sell the hoverboard rings, and jump and speed pads as MTX Store housing items.

Tabby

havent had time to log in a couple of days, but how long are the events up for
Not sure about Shade's Eve but zPrix is up til Sunday/Early Monday depending on where you're from.
Both are dailies so you'll probably want to play them several times to get everything.

Dicer

Banned
I can't seem to find hoverboards at the mount vendors. It only seems to be the Equivar.

The hoverboard vendor is right down from the homes, right near the mount vendor, well in Thayd anyway...
Nvm, seems you found it ,lol

Effigy is almost done should be done by tonight, woohoo

The "-1" PvP realms seem to be healthy from what my friends say. As for the "-2" ones...yeah...not as much.
Yeah I don't know why they split Warhound. It never had server issues anywhere near Entity, just login loops. We had lag like one night, but completely smooth outside of that.

Speaking of PVP. The runes that drop from PVP chests is such an amazing change, it makes runing PVP gear so much easier. I got 4 superb fragments off one chest earlier.

Tabby

Wildstar has ruined me. I tried to get back into Guild Wars 2 but I can't get over the lack of mounts, double jumps and how slow the characters move.

DarkKyo

Is there someone from the Exile guild on Entity 1 that can invite me(under my alt character) to the guild sometime tonight? Would be much appreciated.

Haroon

Been Stalker tanking since level fifteen. The game really picks up in the level forty dungeon. A bunch of unforgiving mechanics and wipes. The best part is that it's not something that's unavoidable. The mechanics can all be avoided, and that's what makes the level forty dungeon a lot of fun.

Tabby

Finally level 50! The grind for good gear and elder gems begins. The last few levels were a slog to get through, gonna take a break before I start again.

I'm just so overwhelmed. I'm level 49 and my quest log is pretty much clean, then I get to level 50 and I arrive in Thayd and I've got quest for days.

phierce

I'm going to guess that the gaf guild on Exile-1 is more populated than the somewhat dead guild on Exile?
Ummm it's pretty dead. Usually only 1-3 of us on at any given time.

I play daily and I'd say there are 4 of us who play a lot, and that's it.

Personally, I'll probably be looking for another guild here soon...since I want to play this pretty seriously.

Edit: oh that was Evl...he knows as he's one of the 4 I mentioned lol

Installed the QTPerformance addon, changes everything lol. Basically it automatically adjusts graphics settings based on the zone. Making those notorious zones (Ilium/Thayd, BGs) run at a higher fps. Then when you move to a less demanding zone (everything else) it goes back to your original settings. Not as nice as better optimization would be, but still pretty handy.

Just got to Level 50 and really excited to equip my PVP set I saved up during the double prestige weekend then I upgraded my Weapon to Legendary with the 10K prestige I'm holding. And I'm still geting 2-3 shot by just about anyone, And Im not dealing any damage. WTF.

I even tried to rune 2 parts of my PVP set(Spent 6 Plats) and still it's not enough. How do people manage to rune their gear when it is this expensive? Is it cheaper when you are subbed?

And my weapon happen to have the perfect slot for the Medic Class Rune set
WjlbzRK.png

but those Class set rune costs at least 10 Plats each to make. :/

phierce

Just got to Level 50 and really excited to equip my PVP set I saved up during the double prestige weekend then I upgraded my Weapon to Legendary with the 10K prestige I'm holding. And I'm still geting 2-3 shot by just about anyone, And Im not dealing any damage. WTF.

I even tried to rune 2 parts of my PVP set(Spent 6 Plats) and still it's not enough. How do people manage to rune their gear when it is this expensive? Is it cheaper when you are subbed?

WjlbzRK.png

You just got to level 50. It takes a little time/effort to make money, but it's not very hard to do.

WjlbzRK.png

You just gotta grind it out. I've spent like 5 plat max runing my support engi and I'm nearly done. I did abuse the double prestiege weekend, but the recent patch made things a lot easier. Before the patch, PVP chests barely (if ever) dropped rune fragments, and now they are much more common. This coupled with spending prestiege on superb bags means you can get a lot of runes pretty quickly.

Do your PVP contracts, dailies, and the weekly. Spam BGs till you're bored and buy superb runecrafting bags from the PVP consumables vendor. Also don't forget that you can use "High" tier runes in place of "Superb" and still get the set bonuses, they just have less base stats. You commonly get "High" runes from PVE content.

It sucks, I know. Runes make up most of your stats, so if you just have empty gear slots your character is considerably weaker than someone with. My engi is so much stronger with runes now than it was at fresh 50 with gear.

Tabby

As a new player how would I go about world bosses?
Which zone and area? how do I get there? if I need to group up or not? how I would know if it's up or not?

phierce

So when a world boss is up people just usually shout in the channel?
Last question, is there any way to get to the boss quicker? Or do I just hope there's a teleporter for that zone and walk there?
Most of the time, yeah...people are advertising in the lfg channel when one is up or they're trying to spawn one.

You have to teleport there and run or hope (most of the time) someone there is tossing out summons.

Tabby

No problem, and just a heads up...

Depending on the time of day, that channel is really awesome for world bosses, raids and groups...other times it's a glorified chat channel with worthless nonsense being spewed.

Didn't see anyone talking there today to be honest, most people were on the Global channel. Though I did get into a world boss through someone shouting it out in Thayd.

Took 2 hours of grinding the crystal things but we got there in the end. Died quiet a few times though.

Lol, I typo'd an alt's name the other day and didn't realize it until I was almost 20. I was hoping Carbine would be nice and give me a free name change, but no. Oh well. I think Amazon has spoiled me.

Guess I'll have to remake and remind myself to not be an idiot.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
There was clearly a burst of F2P gaffers but as expected, It did die after a short period.

Exile on Entity is certainly dead. Not too sure what i'm doing now that I've hit 50, Maybe back to other games.

Top Bottom