• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar: Reloaded |OT| Full Steam Ahead!

I stopped playing due to my friend having performance issues since returning from close to launch, and my performance not being much better either.

It's a shame, as I love the game and what they've done to it since I last played in mid 2014.

Dicer

Banned
I haven't been playing community kinda sucks, no guild really recruit so unless you play with people you know seem you are SOL, which is a damn shame...

Dicer

Banned
Was it because of the Lag?

Lag was a major issue, and not launching straight away on steam probably didn't help either, I mean I like the game but I fee alone playing it, which sucks in an MMO.

Honestly, I've been playing Vanilla WoW and having a damn blast...

Dicer

Banned
The thread title says its better than WoW.

Better than modern WoW, right now as it stands yeah, but once you play alone for a while the rough edges show, Vanilla WoW is a tough as nails annoying grind, but that's it's charm, and people are actually social...it's strange.

DarkKyo

If you weren't aware, there's currently a bug that lets you save PVP season 1 weapons to your holo-wardrobe as all class gear. Meaning you can throw psychic engineer guns as an esper or heal as a medic using spellslinger pistols...

Here's my chua stalker!

rN6DRpt.png

Sadly, Carbine says they're going to be fixing this at some point :'(

Icarus

A chua stalker could make me switch to Dominion.

That said, the great game is still great. Server populations are solid (not overpopulated they way they were for a few days). Server performance/lag is good again.

Xisiqomelir

Depends you want in a class.

Engi is fantastic! I'm really getting that "cartoon space-opera" feel with the bots and the big gun, and my class ability isn't voided by every single mob the way every goddamn thing could spot Stalkers in stealth.

Anyone need a Dominion levelling buddy on Entity-1?

Xisiqomelir

Ok I'm really enjoying this game a lot now as I hit 20.

Coming from TOR where EA was nickel-and-diming like a Prohibition speakeasy, NCSoft's F2P approach is really good (i.e. Riot Games style - only cosmetics for cash).

Tabby

Ok I'm really enjoying this game a lot now as I hit 20.

Coming from TOR where EA was nickel-and-diming like a Prohibition speakeasy, NCSoft's F2P approach is really good (i.e. Riot Games style - only cosmetics for cash).
My only problem with the cash shop is that mounts and costumes are character bound not account bound.

JSoup

Banned
So, when the game formally went f2p, did they wipe old characters? I played a few months ago and had a level 2 character that came with some title from logging in. Just reinstalled and I apparently have no characters at all.

Edit: Wait, or not. I can see my character name, but when I try to switch to the server it's on, it doesn't show him to me.

Xisiqomelir

So, when the game formally went f2p, did they wipe old characters? I played a few months ago and had a level 2 character that came with some title from logging in. Just reinstalled and I apparently have no characters at all.

Edit: Wait, or not. I can see my character name, but when I try to switch to the server it's on, it doesn't show him to me.

I think they deleted every character still in the starter ship zone.

JSoup

Banned
I think they deleted every character still in the starter ship zone.

Turns out to be ok. Making a new character, I got all the titles and crap back.
Minor issue with the game still counting that old character as a taken slot, but I'm probably not going to play more than one anyway.

oktarb

Both why I love this game and why it got it trouble, all in one video!

Ya I gotta say I want to get into this game but that just intimidates the hell out of me. Feel like I've been playing forever and I'm only level 22.

Edit: Also the lack of account wide support bugs me. Having to unlock everything on each character is a model that needs to die.

Any idea what we should be expecting from Drop 7?

So far, from datamining:

Four new Zones: Murkmire, Dreadmoor, Halon Ring & Corallus
Two new Raids: Red Moon Terror & Protogames Allstars
New Instances: Adventure, Expedition & Battleground
The fourth Holiday Event: Party Graw
The “Nexus Saga” – Vault of the Archon
Cosmetic Stuff: Costumes, Pets, Mounts & More

There's going to be a press event on the 13th of January about Drop 7.

I imagine, given the fact that the Steam listing has been updated again in November on SteamDB, we'll see the Steam release with Drop 7 as well.

Tabby

So far, from datamining:

Four new Zones: Murkmire, Dreadmoor, Halon Ring & Corallus
Two new Raids: Red Moon Terror & Protogames Allstars
New Instances: Adventure, Expedition & Battleground
The fourth Holiday Event: Party Graw
The “Nexus Saga” – Vault of the Archon
Cosmetic Stuff: Costumes, Pets, Mounts & More

There's going to be a press event on the 13th of January about Drop 7.

I imagine, given the fact that the Steam listing has been updated again in November on SteamDB, we'll see the Steam release with Drop 7 as well.
That's a lot of stuff. Guess I should dust off my Esper. Haven't had anything to do since I hit ilvl 90.

Azzurri

Yes it should go on steam even if Valve takes their 30% . Look at Tera it does gangbusters now since it went F2P and went to Steam.

The Steam audience is just too big not to put it on there.

The progression of the game sucks. The only thing that changes are numbers and colors. You don't even get any better looking gear as you progress (a few different looking sets rotate), the abilities aren't that diverse either.

Managed to get to around 33 level before losing all the interest. It doesn't really matter if dungeons and raids are good, the progression to them is a boring marathon. The first quest with the giant mechanical robot was something interesting, but after that... Felt like absolutely everything was a task without any story or interesting events.

Yes it should go on steam even if Valve takes their 30% . Look at Tera it does gangbusters now since it went F2P and went to Steam.

The Steam audience is just too big not to put it on there.

You can still have your in-game shop while with steam. You can do what many other games do: Warframe, War Thunder, Coh2 etc. They have a small number of items sold directly on Steam (Starter Pack, Some other pack, Booster pack etc.), but if you go to their in-game shop, you will see much more items with better prices.

New Raid Flex from 10-20
Flex raid tech is something we want to do. It will not be part of the next raid tier (Redmoon), but will be under serious investigation for future content!

Change Raid Lockouts to be Boss by Boss
Turns out, we agree! We are currently planning to make this transition along with the next raid tier. More details on this in the future once we're a lot closer.

Merge Servers [combined with] Add Incentives to Flag Yourself for PvP
This is a high priority thing internally. We can't give any details as to our plans at this moment, but hope to be able to do so within the next few weeks. We definitely want to improve the experience for PvP players and add additional incentives for players to participate in open-world PvP.

Add a YOLO Queue to Arenas
Multiqueuing is in the works, and is an improvement to our queuing system that we are very stoked about!
However, we're doubtful that 'YOLO Queue' will get approved as a queue-type-name. But, non-full-team arena queueing is currently part of the multiqueuing feature.

Release on Steam
*awkward silence, but a knowing look*

More Account Bound Stuff
We agree! No details to share here, really, but we'll continue moving in that direction
Incentives for Pets
No plans at this time. Are you really not swayed by these ADORABLE FACES?! Why are you so heartless?!

More Communication
Trust us, you don't want to talk to most of us before we've had 1-3 gallons of coffee. It's... nightmare fuel. =P
No, seriously, we are going to be making a concerted effort going forward to communicate more with all of you!

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...ust-another-wish-list/?p=1484463#entry1484463

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Was feeling kinda lazy and not really in the mood to play anything so I decided to jump into WildStar for a bit. Ended up spending multiple hours running an instance and then leveling up my tradeskill. Forgot how fun this game can be.

Tabby

Was feeling kinda lazy and not really in the mood to play anything so I decided to jump into WildStar for a bit. Ended up spending multiple hours running an instance and then leveling up my tradeskill. Forgot how fun this game can be.
For real, Wildstar is an amazing mmo. It's just a shame that it bombed and how it was managed.

tci

Wildstar is an amazing MMO. Will be really hard to go back to any other. The combat and instances is so rewarding/challenging. My guild is almost done with Genetics Archives now. Took a while to assemble our raid team, but now we are having great fun.

Azzurri

For real, Wildstar is an amazing mmo. It's just a shame that it bombed and how it was managed.

Wildstar is an amazing MMO. Will be really hard to go back to any other. The combat and instances is so rewarding/challenging. My guild is almost done with Genetics Archives now. Took a while to assemble our raid team, but now we are having great fun.

I've been playing some lately and it's sad to see that it isn't as popular as it should be. It's so sad that there's very little people leveling. It's such a top heavy game, that getting any PvP to pop is impossible, and even getting dungeons is hard.

Hopefully Steam can bring some life into the game.

Sölf

Man, I definitly should start Wildstar again. I only played 2 months when it was released, then a bit more when F2P was announced but haven't touched the game when it finally transitioned. Do we have an EU GAF guild? I am pretty much guildless and since no one of my friends wants to play this I would probably stop again after a few days.

Aranjah

I really want to play this game. The combat is fun, the lore/world is great, and I love the art style.
It's just hard to find the time when I have no one else to play it with and my boyfriend would rather play XIV. :(

It's a shame this game did not make it. I love the art and the game play is the most fun I have had with any mmo. It just seems in some ways wow has set the bar so high unless your going to spend a crazy amount of cash and have some great plans it's not worth making a mmo.

Top Bottom