• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar: Reloaded |OT| Full Steam Ahead!

curlyfries

Neo Member
I'm trying to download the game but I am getting an error message at 15% about a file regarding arcane armor or something. Any work arounds?

Edit: It appears that it is having an issue locating the specified file.

Yeah sorry, I tried to make a character on Entity, but I never got a guild invite nor do I really enjoy playing Exile/PVE. Just gonna stick to Warhound. I'm still playing though.

DarkKyo

It's Halloween! Post your current costume(s)!!

iPYh7NM.png

I hit 50 about a week ago, and I'm finally happy with this end-game costume I've been putting together. If there's anything I'm obsessed with in MMOs its the vanity/costume customization stuff...

Tabby

It's Halloween! Post your current costume(s)!!

iPYh7NM.png

I hit 50 about a week ago, and I'm finally happy with this end-game costume I've been putting together. If there's anything I'm obsessed with in MMOs its the vanity/costume customization stuff...
What are you wearing? I need it.

I'll update this post with pictures when I get home.

DarkKyo

What are you wearing? I need it.

I'll update this post with pictures when I get home.

Thanks! My most expensive pieces are the chest piece and goggles..

Chest = Dark-Mystic Shirt(world boss drop, so you either need to get really lucky or shell out the platinum.. I paid 8 plat for it but maybe it's lower now)
Head = Colonist's Goggles(slightly easier to obtain, it's found in discoveries on Galeras I believe... get the add-on called Raretracker and add "Discovery" to the list of tracked monsters if you want to find discoveries super easily. I found two colonist's shirts in like two hours but then I gave up... so luckily I was able to get this for a measly 1 plat on the AH... whoever sold it for that little messed up :p)

Everything else that I'm currently wearing is much easier to obtain probably, but if you want to know about a specific piece of armor seen here just lemme know.

Tabby

Thanks! My most expensive pieces are the chest piece and goggles..

Chest = Dark-Mystic Shirt(world boss drop, so you either need to get really lucky or shell out the platinum.. I paid 8 plat for it but maybe it's lower now)
Head = Colonist's Goggles(slightly easier to obtain, it's found in discoveries on Galeras I believe... get the add-on called Raretracker and add "Discovery" to the list of tracked monsters if you want to find discoveries super easily. I found two colonist's shirts in like two hours but then I gave up... so luckily I was able to get this for a measly 1 plat on the AH... whoever sold it for that little messed up :p)

Everything else that I'm currently wearing is much easier to obtain probably, but if you want to know about a specific piece of armor seen here just lemme know.
The two I want are the most expensive. ):
Do you know which world boss?

DarkKyo

The two I want are the most expensive. ):
Do you know which world boss?

Gah, I'm not entirely sure... personally I've gotten the dark-mystic shoulderguards from a boss world boss quite recently but I can't completely recall which one. I want to say either Gargantua, Scorchwing, or Zoetic since I know I've done those most recently. If the shoulders drop from it then there's a pretty good chance the rest of the set does as well.

Honestly it might be more worth your time to just start farming. Save up the gold, run world bosses when you see them popping in EntityLFM, sell the stuff you get from world bosses, then keep farming... If you obsessively check the AH you're bound to get the deal you want at some point as the demand will just keep going down.

It's all about finding that short-windowed, perfect opportunity. I was saving up for the Spider-Rider a few weeks back. I was at 36 Platinum when I saw someone in Illium shouting that they wanted to sell it. Even though it was going for 40-60 on the AH this guy was impatient and was happy to take my 36 platinum for it. You'll get lucky at some point if you stay on it!

Eteric Rice

So, do you guys think this game has a future? Population seems okay, at least on Entity 1. I really like it, and would hate for it to die again. :/

DarkKyo

So, do you guys think this game has a future? Population seems okay, at least on Entity 1. I really like it, and would hate for it to die again. :/

I really hope so. If anything I think they're going to do much better for much longer now that it's F2P and the game has been fixed up a lot. If they stay on top of releasing new game content and updating the paid-for cosmetic content they will probably keep players either engaged or constantly coming back for more after short breaks.

If they can make it to their first expansion then I think we can say they've established something much more long term.

The game is so good, I seriously think it has a great future ahead of it.

Tabby

Gah, I'm not entirely sure... personally I've gotten the dark-mystic shoulderguards from a boss world boss quite recently but I can't completely recall which one. I want to say either Gargantua, Scorchwing, or Zoetic since I know I've done those most recently. If the shoulders drop from it then there's a pretty good chance the rest of the set does as well.

Honestly it might be more worth your time to just start farming. Save up the gold, run world bosses when you see them popping in EntityLFM, sell the stuff you get from world bosses, then keep farming... If you obsessively check the AH you're bound to get the deal you want at some point as the demand will just keep going down.

It's all about finding that short-windowed, perfect opportunity. I was saving up for the Spider-Rider a few weeks back. I was at 36 Platinum when I saw someone in Illium shouting that they wanted to sell it. Even though it was going for 40-60 on the AH this guy was impatient and was happy to take my 36 platinum for it. You'll get lucky at some point if you stay on it!
Thanks for the information.

I'm afraid it'll take a while before I get any money though haha, I'm spending it alI on crafting and runes. Down to 3p.

DarkKyo

Thanks for the information.

I'm afraid it'll take a while before I get any money though haha, I'm spending it alI on crafting and runes. Down to 3p.

No problem. Yeah that's pretty much what I should be spending all my money on... I haven't done any end-game runecrafting at all yet :/

Tabby

I've been trying the Psychic Frenzy, Illusionary Blades and Blade Dance build. Holy fuck it's the hard ass build to play. Having to manage IB stacks and and your psi-points.

It's rewarding but man, I can't imagine I'll be able to play it properly when I have to dodge telegraphs and keep in mind boss mechanics on top of everything else.

Baskcm

Had some freaky pvp last night doing Waikiki temple everyone was a bloody medic sooooo good other team didn't know what to do lol we owned though

Tabby

Holy fuck. There were like 130 people doing Gargantua.
Lag spikes, 5fps and countless people d/ced. That was fun.

What ilvl do you guys suggest to start raiding? I'm currently 82 just grinding out contracts and wb while trying to get runed up.

Xisiqomelir

I can't log in. NC Platform Error (a02f00c8)

Maintenance twitter says everything should be up right now. Is it worth emailing CS?

This game's launcher is weird. I've been experiencing some really slow launcher startup(especially if I'm using my Phone's internet) and looking through the forum, I'm not the only one.

There are "fixes" like unchecking the automatically detect setting in your Internet option and it still slow for my liking.

And just yesterday, I found out the best fix by accident.

>Launch Wildstar

>Wait a few seconds(2-4sec)

>Unplug your internet

>Then the Launcher will show up and works normally, reconnect your internet. No more waiting for sometimes feels like an eternity.

Tabby

I was so ready to buy my Glitterkitty for 20p then I realised I'd need to buy all the flairs as well.
With box copies becoming more scarce the prices are only going up.

I need to grind faster ):

Dicer

Banned
Is there a guild on Entity Exile?

There is but it's pretty dead...and sadly not much in the way of leveling guilds it seems, everyone is fucking focused on end game, like every other MMO, which is annoying for people who like the journey as much as the destination.

Oh well...

I was personally looking forward to this one because it was dropping the monthly fee. I love the aesthetic and thought it would be fun to get into. Around the time it went free to play I started to get far too busy in my life to play a mmo. Do you guys think it's still good for casual play? Maybe 5 hours a week worth?

phierce

Sure? I mean it's free to play so what could it hurt if you're only planning to play it 5 hours a week?

It has a lot of great things going for it. I enjoyed leveling up and all. Just the GAF interest is gone. If you do play, I'd say try to find a casual guild to join just to have people on during those 5 hours a week that you play because the GAF guild is dead and having people to do shit with makes it even better.

Personally, I'm only playing it for the end game/raiding and so far I'm fairly happy with it

Raiding is pretty well done.

I just don't want the beginning leveling phase to feel like a chore. Videos I've watched make it seem like it's always interesting though. Since I'm not planning on going hard core I doubt I'd see the end game anytime soon. A lot of mmos seem to only be good once you're at that point.

I thought for about 5 days i would get into this game the way I did wow. It was great too but its not pulling me back for some reason.

Same...

Enjoyed the dungeons and housing was implemented very well. But I was never truly amazed at a single instance enough to pull me away from my main MMO, FF14. I wanted to try end-game raiding since it looked ridiculously fun, but just didn't want to devote the time to it anymore. And I won't lie, the over the top nature and humor just ended up wearing a bit thin. At first it was a nice change of pace, but I just ended up not liking it as much in the long(ish) run because it somewhat hurt the immersion factor in my opinion.

That, and the fact that I would still get lag was pretty frustrating.

I'm not opposed to trying it again later and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it. I think I'm in the 30's on my warrior?

I just don't want the beginning leveling phase to feel like a chore. Videos I've watched make it seem like it's always interesting though. Since I'm not planning on going hard core I doubt I'd see the end game anytime soon. A lot of mmos seem to only be good once you're at that point.

As with most MMO's, it feels more like a chore until you unlock dungeons which is where the real fun is in my opinion. WildStar has quite a bit of instanced content though in the form of Adventures, Expeditions and Dungeons. It wasn't that bad IMO in terms of feeling like a chore.

Tabby

I was personally looking forward to this one because it was dropping the monthly fee. I love the aesthetic and thought it would be fun to get into. Around the time it went free to play I started to get far too busy in my life to play a mmo. Do you guys think it's still good for casual play? Maybe 5 hours a week worth?
It's free to play so I don't see any reason not too. Definitely worth.

I still play pretty much day, either I'm grinding plat or I'm working my contracts and dailies. This is the first MMO that's ever had me playing for a long time. I usually quit after a few days.

Top Bottom