• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Capcom have a good E3? Your Expectations? List of upcoming & rumored titles.

Jawmuncher

Capcom hasn't exactly had a very good look this generation. Between failed project expectations, sinking of resources into phanta rhei, and an over-reliance on ports. There hasn't been all that much new for capcom fans to really clamor over. However with last last year presenting us with 3 new titles (RE7, DR4, MVCI), numerous promises of fixing mistakes of the past, a new agenda of bringing back older IPs, and a new engine under their belt (RE engine). It seems like capcom might finally be out of their previous limping state. Considering how the last few years have looked, the near future might be the best time to be a capcom fan compared to recent years. So long as what they've said hold true. Because of this i'm curious what other's are thinking about Capcom's E3 presence this year. So I consolidated a list of upcoming titles for the west and the rumors we've heard for awhile now. I'll also be adding my own takes on what I expect to see. If I have missed any, let me know so I can add it.

Upcoming Titles:
  • Megaman Legacy Collection 2
  • Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4 & Xbox One Port)
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Resident Evil: Revelations (PS4 and XB1 port)
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
  • Monster Hunter Stories
  • Resident Evil VII: Not a Hero & Unnamed DLC
  • Street Fighter V: Season 2
  • Monster Hunter XX for Switch

Rumored/Speculatory

Upcoming Titles Talk:
So with the confirmed titles I expect the majority to be on the floor in some capacity. The only game I could see skipping E3 from the confirmed list is Resident Evil 2 Remake. That titles seems like something which was announced the fans far too early and I wouldn't expect to see it until TGS. Then of course there will probably be the new character reveals for MVCI and SFV. Not much talk for confirmed titles, however the rumored titles I think are what will be the most interesting.

Rumored Title Talk:
-While rumored, I have a good feeling about a lot of these. Capcom made mention quite early on that Dead Rising 4 would only be a timed exclusive. Since unlike DR3, it didn't have MS involvement.
-Itsuno's new project I think is a lock for E3 as well. I'm personally banking on it being Devil May Cry related, since in last year's fiscal report Devil May Cry was listed as a franchise of importance to Capcom's future. Despite no offivially announced game on the horizon at that time.
-Onimusha trademark has been sitting their awhile collection dust and could be nothing. However the series would fit with the new strategy of bringing back old IPs and would be an easy fit got RE engine (Which is said to be a multi-use engine and not just for RE /FPS/ & VR titles).
-In this last fiscal report, capcom has made a big deal about Monster Hunter and in the provided slide is really aiming at making the franchise a worldwide brand. What this entails is anyone's guess, but I expect big things for monster hunter in the future rather than just retreading the current formula which seems to be failing in grabbing a new audience en masse. With the recent announcement of Monster hunter XX. They might be going for a new experience on home consoles while keeping the original style on switch. Or anything MH related really.
-Knight of Aegis is something I am unsure about. Since i'm unsure if the title is even still in development. I trust my source on this that it existed at one point, but things change and this could be something that was killed off awhile back.
-Of course i'll include Dino Crisis. While no plans are being said, they've lied about such things in the past. There's also the fact to consider that the capcom team seems to at least be interested

The Unknown
You can't talk about rumored and confirmed titles without talking about absolute unknowns. Lately it seems like capcom is doing their best in preventing leaks. While not everything is completely hidden (Rating Board Leaks & Ed being recent examples). Their future prospects definitely seem to be under some pretty big wraps. If I were to take any guesses I would say Mega Man will see another game outside the collection (Even if it's just related to the new TV show) and will throw some curveballs when it comes to the revival and ports of older IPs. I do think capcom will stay back from doing any new big budget IPs. Since the whole revival factor (with how old some of the IPs are) basically fit the bill of being a new IP, while still have some sort of safety net.

capcomdesignworkswalllepu4.png

Neoxon

I just want MvCI info & SFV DLC. Everything else is icing on the cake.

That said, while I do expect a surprise from Capcom at E3, I'm not sure if it'll be DMC5.

Yes because they'll show off MVCI in detail and that by far my most anticipated game. SFV Season 2 is nice and the rest of the stuff is icing on the cake.

Gator86

That upcoming list is grim as hell. Wow. I hope they have more than that. You can only milk old RE games so long.

Neoxon

The mention of worldwide appeal for Monster Hunter kinda makes me think of that one 4chan rumor, which would be bad news for Nintendo if that's even partially true.

Reset

Besides the potential DMC 5 that list looks pretty bad. And could Capcom please just drop the classic MegaMan series already, those games are ass compared to the X/Zero series. Give us a collection of the better games instead.

Neoxon

I just want MvCI to not look like ass and for surprise SFV DLC. Give us Sagat, Capcom!
I believe SneakersSO mentioned in the SFV OT that we'll get Sagat (& Sakura), but I feel like we may have to wait until Season 3. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if Sagat came first, like how we got Akuma first for Season 2.

sublimit

Banned
I'm afraid to get too excited about Capcom.I honestly don't have a lot of expectations from them anymore. But the Dragon's Dogma remaster for PS4 announcement really made me happy today.

Jawmuncher

DEEP DOWN

That's one title I don't think we'll see for a very long time. If it's even alive at all. The title was being made with Phanta Rhei in mind and with that engine seemingly being replaced by RE engine. Makes the prospect of Deep Down anytime soon very unlikely I think. However I could see it being a nioh style situation. Something that's technically dead, but comes back in the future.

MBS

Banned
DMC5 will save face of the entire company. Gaming world needs DMC5 more than anything right now

DMONKUMA

Can't wait to see Son of Sparda and Sesha be disappointed when DMC5 isn't shown.

I expect to see addditional characters revealed for MvC at Sony's conference.

Chase17

If we get an Ace Attorney character in MvC, they will have done a good job.

I'd like to see them continue to bring legacy games to current gen, which I think they mentioned would be a goal. None of this stuff really needs to be an e3 reveal though.

Jawmuncher

If we get an Ace Attorney character in MvC, they will have done a good job.

I'd like to see them continue to bring legacy games to current gen, which I think they mentioned would be a goal. None of this stuff really needs to be an e3 reveal though.

Yeah most port talk will be either before the show itself and what not. You wouldn't really see such things at a conference, unless they do full-on collections.

I'm expecting a short teaser for RE2 remake, like a recreation of part of the opening cutscene.

DMC5 would be hype, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Shifty

Blatant Jawmuncher bait thread.

If they bring back Onimusha as a souls-like I will scream.

God Hand for E3 hashtag believe.

farisr

Can't wait to play Monster Hunter on my Switch
I know, right? Can't wait to just be able to whip out my Switch in public and expose other people to my Monster Hunter copy. With the Switch being such a success, I think it will also bode well for Monster Hunter's popularity in the west.

Lulubop

I believe SneakersSO mentioned in the SFV OT that we'll get Sagat (& Sakura), but I feel like we may have to wait until Season 3. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if Sagat came first, like how we got Akuma first for Season 2.

Dunno why you keep bringing this dude up especially when he flip flopped on this very thing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kind of related: Has there been any update on the release date for the Not a Hero DLC for RE7? I remember it got delayed past May but nothing else.

GSR

Remember when there wasn't 3-year gaps between Ace Attorney games in the West

(Phoenix in MvCI would be nice though. Depends on how weird they want to make the roster.)

Jawmuncher

I don't think USFII will be at E3

It won't be there in any big capacity. But it's not uncommon for already released games to be on the show floor. Especially now with it being open to not just the press.

Kind of related: Has there been any update on the release date for the Not a Hero DLC for RE7? I remember it got delayed past May but nothing else.

Just that it got delayed to summer. Nothing more.

Remember when there wasn't 3-year gaps between Ace Attorney games in the West

(Phoenix in MvCI would be nice though. Depends on how weird they want to make the roster.)

Really wish Capcom would either try more with the series in the west (Giving us physical releases again even if limited) and not ignoring entire games would be nice. Still find it odd nintendo hasn't offered a helping hand to the franchise in the west. Especially when they are apparently helping harder projects like Dragon Quest localizations.

ianpm31

I bet that will be one of those "available tonight" announcements following Sony's conference

Top Bottom