• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymcc

Banned
The super castlevania version lacks punch. That's a good way to describe the overall game actually...

I will support this.

OnPoint

At least he names a source.
Ah I didn't see a source before. That's cool then.

Why the heck would they need permission to use public information? All you could possibly ask for is being listed as the source, which they have done.
Because if someone else does the leg work for a story you should not take credit. But I missed that it sourced the thread. So that's my bad.

eso76

Exciting.

But if this

iUfLVAS.jpg

Is an indication of what the game is going to look like then I'll have to pass and kick some magazine racks.
Shallow maybe, but I can only take so many 8bitted graphics games these days.

bounchfx

same here. It's been way too long. I didn't realize how spoiled I was until it was gone. the gba games, the DS ones (even PoR), were all awesome and so fun to play.

I don't beat games often, if ever, but I finished every single 2d castlevania since sotn

Vamphuntr

Exciting.

But if this

Is an indication of what the game is going to look like then I'll have to pass and kick some magazine racks.

The screens in the ad posted in the OP don't look 8-bits, unless the project changed.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The super castlevania version lacks punch. That's a good way to describe the overall game actually...

I will support this.

It's funny because I think it's the version with the most punch :lol. Love that thick bass.

OnPoint

Exciting.

But if this

Exactly what do you prefer instead? Higher quality pixel art is expensive and 2.5D runs the risk of looking lazy, a la MN9. I'd prefer Shovel Knight caliber myself, but I'll take whatever we get at this point.

eso76

That's not 8 bit though?

8 bit can mean a lot of things though: Rondo of Blood was also 8 bit technically, and this looks like it could be around the same level or below that.

Exactly what do you prefer instead? Higher quality pixel art is expensive and 2.5D runs the risk of looking lazy, a la MN9. I'd prefer Shovel Knight caliber myself, but I'll take whatever we get at this point.

Prefer ? Sotn + vanillaware tech :) would pay 2x full price for that.
Dust: an Elysian Tale would do too.
Expect, well all I ask is for this to be on par with the latest 2D Castlevania's and not going for a retro-look.
Or if it really has to, I would really like CPS1/2 level with proper CRT shaders.

Ridley327

Those sprites look like the regular item drop sprites they've used for ages. I'd be surprised if it looked any more "dated" than 16-bit.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I do wonder who else is involved, though... I mean, he's probably going to need the assistance of an existing, established studio, even if he and his ex-Konami pals take the lead. Freelancers/contractors will only take you so far.

Man I hope this turns out to be both legit and good.

I am beyond stoked for this! Been waiting for another igavania since 2008!

Imagine playing the game before 2035...

Why? It's not like Vanillaware is known for having extremely long dev cycles. With that said, it'd be surprising if they were collaborating on the project. After DC they shouldn't have any problems finding a publisher.

I will support this.

Maybe I'm partial to more rock-sounding beats, but I still think the best versions of Bloody Tears are the Rondo of Blood version and the Castlevania Chronicles arranged version. Give me that 80s rock percussion! I always thought the Chronicles arranged version sounds like something that could've been done for any of those Italian horror movies produced by Dario Argento in the 80s with former members of Goblin doing the score.

Chinbo37

FOR Those complaining about a possible 8 bit style. Remember he has to build up all new assets for use in future games !

TreIII

sörine;162587005 said:

I would be able to get behind this. I liked what they did with Adventure Rebirth.

Yeah, I could see this. M2 spent so much time with Konami's Rebirth series, in general, that they'd likely be one of the best people to hit up for the sake of making a new type of "Konami game".

And on a more selfish tip, perhaps that could equate with a 3DS version being available, since M2 already has plenty of excuse with that platform.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I reject the idea that Order of Ecclesia had any sort of interesting platforming, but I think that Igarashi would probably do a better job if not constrained by series conventions. I'm excited.

Foffy

Banned
I reject the idea that Order of Ecclesia had any sort of interesting platforming, but I think that Igarashi would probably do a better job if not constrained by series conventions. I'm excited.

Not a fan of the Training Hall, I see. ):

Maedhros

Training Hall is the best platforming are this series EVER had.

-Oath

Im pretty hyped. With the exception of maybe Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance (which were still decent) I immensely enjoyed every Igavania. Really interested in seeing the "dream game" of such a solid dev.

TreIII

Im pretty hyped. With the exception of maybe Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance (which were still decent) I immensely enjoyed every Igavania. Really interested in seeing the "dream game" of such a solid dev.

Well, COTM (my personal fave Castletroid) wasn't an IGA game. It was made by the Konami Kobe branch before they were dissolved.

Everyone's got their thing, and nothing would get me to back quicker and support harder than a Metroidvania successor from the man himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom