• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cireza

So we might finally have another good Castlevania game ? It will be a rip-off but it is fine. Go for it IGA.

DSix

Banned
I never was a fan of IGAvanias. I guess now we'll see if Igarashi can manage without the backing of a classic IP and assets.

Maybe it'll be good this time. Though I want a stretch goal that forbid the devteam to copy-paste rooms.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it weird that it sounds like an actual Castlevania game and not a Mighty No. 9 situation? Then Konami would have to be involved and that's unlikely, right?

DSix

Banned
Isn't it weird that it sounds like an actual Castlevania game and not a Mighty No. 9 situation? Then Konami would have to be involved and that's unlikely, right?

Konami owns neither whips nor Dracula. Nothing is stopping Igarashi from making a game in a style and storyline so similar you wouldn't know the differences.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Meh, not getting hyped up until something is announced. Will back it as much as I can when that happens though.

Game Guru

Konami owns neither whips nor Dracula. Nothing is stopping Igarashi from making a game in a style and storyline so similar you wouldn't know the differences.

Yeah, there are few elements to Castlevania that are unique to Castlevania and copyrightable. I mean freakin' Van Helsing was practically Castlevania: The Movie.

Kurt

Wii u or 3ds, i'll buy. But i hope the music is still good. One of the most important part of the series.

lazygecko

The question is if another Iga game has as much value in today's climate where the indie scene is saturated with Metroidvanias, as opposed to when he had pretty much the whole genre to himself. Guess we'll find out.

Nbz

So happy that all those threads actually came together and that this is all looking to be legit now! Was really fun in the last thread trying to puzzle out if this was all real or not

Bluth54

Hopefully the game will finally be revealed, I love Metroidvania type games and have been looking forward to this game since he announced he was doing a new game after leaving Konami.

I have my kickstarter account ready.

Nbz

Looks like Mark, John and JJ from 8-4 all followed the Quarterwomann account within the last few hours (Since when I followed it yesterday none of them were).

Nibel

Was this covered here?

cl195PD.png

https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip

JimmyJones

Banned
The only Castlevania I've ever played is SOTN on the 360 and I got 200/200 points for it. Such an amazing game! It's literally Super Metroid in a castle.

Dremark

Banned
The question is if another Iga game has as much value in today's climate where the indie scene is saturated with Metroidvanias, as opposed to when he had pretty much the whole genre to himself. Guess we'll find out.

I'm not going to say the indie games lack value, but I haven't played one which fills my need for a new Castlevania.

There are some great ones though but at least to me they are different enough that they are thier own thing.

@MUWANdo

Banned
For all the people who've asked about Michiru Yamane and Ayano Kojima, here are some of IGA's comments from last year:

"Kojima-san and Michiru-san are both amazing creators and it's fantastic to work with them," he said. "I'd love to work with them all the time, if I could. That's definitely something I am thinking about, but naturally there's lots of talent I've worked with in the past and I'm planning to see if we could collaborate in the future."

USG: There's a trend these days of classic game developers going independent and getting the band back together, so to speak. Do you plan to work with people like Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane, who are so closely linked with your Castlevania games?

IGA: Obviously I worked with a lot of talented people on a wide variety of Castlevania games. So, yeah, probably the core people that fans will associate with bringing the band back together for a Castlevania game will include names like Yamane and Kojima. There are lots of other really talented people that maybe aren't as high profile but are absolutely necessary to create that kind of experience. And I know lots of different artists, of course, as well, that have helped make the franchise what it is. So, knowing those people and potentially being able to work with them is defintiely something that I'm looking into. Because I want to work with talented people that really make the games the gamers like. With Kojima, I don't talk with her as much as I used to, but with Yamane, I go out drinking with her a lot, so... [laughs]

USG: I interviewed her a couple of years ago and she seemed like she'd be pretty interested in working on another Castlevania-style game.

IGA: Oh, really? Whenever I go drinking with her, she always talks about all the times I screwed up before on the games that we worked together, so it's nice to hear that she's interested in that sort of game, working with me again. [laughs] 'Cause the only image I have is all the times I screwed up. 3

Semi-related: a comment about his colleagues' reaction when he quit Konami:

"A lot of people said, 'That's a shame. We're going to miss you,'" Iga recalled. "Others said 'It's a shame and we'll miss you, but this really is probably the right time,' because they know what Konami is about. One of the things, that made me happy is [that] a lot of people said, 'Hey, I want you to hire me, take me with you.' So that felt good."

Dr. Buni

I hope it is a side scroller (doesn't matter if sprites or 3D models). Otherwise it isn't a Castlevania successor.

Maedhros

I'm getting cautiously optmistic...

HELL, who am I lying to... I'M FUCKING HYPED!!!!!1111

This is all that I wanted for YEARS!

An announcement because it's full moon? No-name twitter accounts?
I dunno man. Sounds like the convoluted kind of shit Kojima would do at most, not Iga.

Maedhros

An announcement because it's full moon? No-name twitter accounts?
I dunno man. Sounds like the convoluted kind of shit Kojima would do at most, not Iga.

Years have passed. Shit like this is common (viral marketing).

BTW, Order of Ecclesia was revealed in a small screenshot in one of those forums involved in this recent viral marketing.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Years have passed. Shit like this is common (viral marketing).

BTW, Order of Ecclesia was revealed in a small screenshot in one of those forums involved in this recent viral marketing.
Wasn't the name and description leaked first? Then that picture of the light house crab-thing.

This of course went on as early as Portrait of Ruin, which is also the name the leaker chose to use as online handle. Iirc he/she got fired as a result.

Foffy

Banned
OP, is this you, did you give permission or was your hard work burgled?

http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/rumor...ania-spiritual-successor-to-be-revealed-soon/

I don't do blogs. You can really narrow down my internet presence to a few places. :p

Wasn't the name and description leaked first? Then that picture of the light house crab-thing.

This of course went on as early as Portrait of Ruin, which is also the name the leaker chose to use as online handle. Iirc he/she got fired as a result.

Someone asked people on GameFAQs to name the boss, which was the first time we ever saw imagery of Order of Ecclesia.

An new igavania? Sign me up.

I mean, not for the kickstarter because I prefer buying them when the game actually launches, but sign me up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom