• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windjammers launching August 29 on PS4 and Vita

FelipeMGM

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/17/windjammers-arrives-august-29-on-ps4-ps-vita/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKxklFJW5X0

Hi guys, I'm Arnaud De Sousa from DotEmu. Today I'm thrilled to announce that Windjammers, the best arcade fighting frisbee game ever made, arrives August 29 on PS4 and PS Vita!
It's been a few moons since we announced the game at PlayStation Experience. We know you guys have been eagerly awaiting the release date, and we're happy to finally announce it!

DE8u5moUwAAiBL6.jpg:large

35458403430_db5c5b27b3_b.jpg

womp

Anything stopping a separate Neo Geo ACA release of this on Switch? Other than the Data East licensing perhaps?

And no this isn't port begging...it just made me realize the nice rate of the awesome ACA releases and I was just thinking about it. :p

Great news. Was wondering when this was going to be coming out. I Loved the game during the beta. Yakuza Kiwami and Everybody's Golf comes out the same day too. I will be getting all 3.

August is the best month of the year, even after Q1.

Great year for the Vita too - Windjammers, Tokyo Xanadu, Cosmic Star Heroine, Toukiden 2, Ys VIII...

Justified

Great news. Was wondering when this was going to be coming out. I Loved the game during the beta. Yakuza Kiwami and Everybody's Golf comes out the same day too. I will be getting all 3.

Damn really, Hope its a good price then, so i can squeeze it into my gaming budget

I'm going to guess $20
Probably $15. Same as Metal Slug 3, The Last Blade 2 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves on PS4/Vita. Maybe $20 though, since this game hasn't been re-released before.
$20 doesn't sound too bad but $15 would be nice.

Damn really, Hope its a good price then, so i can squeeze it into my gaming budget
It is $39.

In the last 2 weeks of August, PS4 has Matterfall, Yakuza Kiwami, Everybody's Golf, Windjammers and Uncharted...
Pretty heavy month for sure. I think I am getting Matterfall, Uncharted and maybe this. I had to drop Yakuza since I still have 0 in my backlog.

Justified

$20 doesn't sound too bad but $15 would be nice.

It is $39.

Pretty heavy month for sure. I think I am getting Matterfall, Uncharted and maybe this. I had to drop Yakuza since I still have 0 in my backlog.

I was referring to Windjammers, because Everybody's Golf is being purchased for sure

I played the beta and the first few online matches I played had unplayably bad lag, and the second batch of matches I played were relatively solid. Hoping that if any lag I experienced was due to the netcode rather than other players' connections, they have that fixed by then, because I love some Windjammers, and the emulation was good!

i'll be taking the wait and see approach

I think the beta was ~3 days. I couldn't find a match day 1 and 2 despite trying 10+ times each day(I really wanted to play) before I just gave up and deleted it.

Played one match of the beta and I was sold. Definitely getting this for local multiplayer parties. Don't think I will be playing much online.

Jer

I'm so excited, always wanted to play but never got a chance to, looks so hype in the Austin Creed videos!

FDC1

Anyone has been able to dowload the Vita version ? It says it's purchased but when I click on the download link nothing happens like if this version wasn't on the servers yet (no problem with PS4 version).

Their twitter says it's going to be $14.99. I'm good with that. Was expecting ti to be $20. I just wished they had put it on the store already to pre order. Going to have to wait to play this until the store updates on Tuesay.

Top Bottom