• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windjammers launching August 29 on PS4 and Vita

FDC1

Anyone has been able to dowload the Vita version ? It says it's purchased but when I click on the download link nothing happens like if this version wasn't on the servers yet (no problem with PS4 version).

Quoting myself for the new page

sp3ctr3

it's not a port of the arcade game?

All of DotEmus port of previous Neo Geo titles have been the rom file wrapped in a menu and then added a great deal of input delay.

What's a "Vita?"
The thing with almost 1500 games and counting.. also the thing with more devices sold than wiiu world-wide and more devices sold than ps4, xbone, wiiu, 360 etc in Japan.

It’s an awesome device with the best sleep-resume ever and the only handheld with trophies.

And... it’s the only place to play TxK which is amazing.

Oh.. it also has alot of haters. Mostly people who don’t own one and want to be cool.. or something.

That’s a Vita <3

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
pyFY72V.gif

Waiting for the PSN store to update....

The thing with almost 1500 games and counting.. also the thing with more devices sold than wiiu world-wide and more devices sold than ps4, xbone, wiiu, 360 etc in Japan.

It’s an awesome device with the best sleep-resume ever and the only handheld with trophies.

And... it’s the only place to play TxK which is amazing.

Oh.. it also has alot of haters. Mostly people who don’t own one and want to be cool.. or something.

That’s a Vita <3

First time I've ever seen this, you got any proof? AFAIK the Wii U sold more but I could be wrong.

Also, WINDJAMMERS TODAY YASSS

bionic77

This seems like a tough game to emulate properly on a HDTV.

If there is any lag then it is going to be tough for people who played the OG games to enjoy it. The game is incredibly fast.

Skeptical but hopeful they pull it off.

Going to be cool to see Windjammers blown up to 65 inches.

Bombless

Bought the game. It's still as great as ever.

The online is meh though, not sure if it's a connection issue or the game. The first match goes well then the next ones start bugging out. They all seem to be red connections too, it may be that the player pool is still too low.

BiggNife

Never got into the beta. Is this going to be significantly more enjoyable than Disc Jam
I like Windjammers way more than Disc Jam. It's a lot faster and more frenetic. Plus WJ oozes style while DJ looks like it was made with Unreal placeholder models.

Peltz

This seems like a tough game to emulate properly on a HDTV.

If there is any lag then it is going to be tough for people who played the OG games to enjoy it. The game is incredibly fast.

Skeptical but hopeful they pull it off.

Going to be cool to see Windjammers blown up to 65 inches.

There's no way it will feel the same. This game really needs a CRT to be appreciated, in my opinion. And I don't say that about most retro games. Even most old school fighting games feel more at home on a HDTV than Windjammers.

It's all about speed and reaction time. And there's not exactly a large window of time (in fact it's very few frames) to trigger perfect/fast throws. I'm expecting the gameplay to sort of fall apart on an HDTV.

I like Windjammers way more than Disc Jam. It's a lot faster and more frenetic. Plus WJ oozes style while DJ looks like it was made with Unreal placeholder models.

Definitely has a way better look and sense of style than Disc Jam. My other major gripe with Disc Jam is the camera perspective. The camera perspective works ok but it's not optimal and it really only works in single player and online play. I think the core of Disc Jam is very good but overall it just doesn't compare to Windjammers.

belinho

My god, I can't connect to a game. SHouldn't this be fixed after the beta? What happens now, I have to change router configs?

Edgeward

I can initially connect to people when doing quick play or ranked but after choosing our characters it always disconnects. Very disappointing. I hope they can fix this.

Arcade mode feels nice. I don't feel any noticeable lag so local play looks to be the way to go for now.

kevin1025

Banned
Disappointed to hear about the connection issues. I'm super close to buying it but half of the reason I want it would be for online. Hopefully they can patch and fix it relatively quickly.

Havok1313

Most of my failed connections have been when ping with the other player is really high (150+)

Otherwise it's been mostly fine. I'm getting a bug where I lose sound after a match fails to connect sometimes though.

Edgeward

Most of my failed connections have been when ping with the other player is really high (150+)

Otherwise it's been mostly fine. I'm getting a bug where I lose sound after a match fails to connect sometimes though.

Went back on to see. First three connections with different players and all under 100 ping. Last one was around 53, still got the same issue of it losing connection after selecting characters

tzare

ouch those online issues. I was tempted to buy, but will wait for a sale, it always happens with SNK games,

It's an awesome device with the best sleep-resume ever and the only handheld with trophies.

And... it's the only place to play TxK which is amazing.

Oh.. it also has alot of haters. Mostly people who don't own one and want to be cool.. or something.

That's a Vita <3

First time I've ever seen this, you got any proof? AFAIK the Wii U sold more but I could be wrong.

Also, WINDJAMMERS TODAY YASSS

I have a feeling the Wii U is slightly ahead of the Vita. I think the Vita peaked at about 14 million sales, while the Wii U is more like 15 million. But who knows. I'm not sure Sony is still open to sharing sales numbers of their worst-selling original console.

JeanAlesi

For some reason I have two different sets of trophies one for just "PS4" and one for "PS4 Vita" this has never happened for my other cross buy games. I tried about four games on my Vita and they were borderline unplayable with lots of lag. Don't have PS Plus so haven't tested on PS4. One Player arcade mode I had a blast playing though, finished on normal.

I've been very lucky. During the beta, I had lots of disconnects and laggy matches. I haven't had any of this so far on the PS4. I even played a couple online matches on the vita and expected it to be a laggy mess but it was fine.

Also keep on running to the same person who greatly outranks me three straight matches even though I choose to find a new opponent. This is bad.

BiggNife

Ugh, I'm really disappointed to hear about the connection and matchmaking issues. I kinda hoped DotEmu learned their lesson with this stuff.

WindJammers deserves better.

Super dissapointed the online isnt working as it should. They even had a beta and they still couldnt fix it? Should have just delayed it then.

Top Bottom