• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 7 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapiozona

Banned
So I mentioned a page or two ago that a rep at the Microsoft store was going to let me exchange my muffled voice Titan for another phone even though I've had it since launch. Well today I got this email. I guess this is how he managed to swing that deal for me...

Thank you for taking the Windows Phone Challenge at the Microsoft Store! The store has acknowledged your rain check for a free Windows Phone and we are in process of fulfilling your order. Please keep in mind that certain phones were excluded from the contest in the Official Rules and will not be available through your rain check. When the phone you requested is in stock, we will send you a follow-up email. If for some reason we can't offer you the phone that you requested, we'll be happy to offer a substitute of comparable value.

We appreciate your participation in the Windows Phone Challenge and hope to see you at the Microsoft Store again soon.

Apparently I won a windows phone challenge. They're going to call me when they have a lumia in stock for me.

Just another reason I love MS and will keep buying their products.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So I mentioned a page or two ago that a rep at the Microsoft store was going to let me exchange my muffled voice Titan for another phone even though I've had it since launch. Well today I got this email. I guess this is how he managed to swing that deal for me...

Apparently I won a windows phone challenge. They're going to call me when they have a lumia in stock for me.

Just another reason I love MS and will keep buying their products.

nice. so are you getting the 710?

Sordid

My fiancé's Lumia 710 arrived \o/ it looks better than it does in pictures imo and she loves it compared to her Blackberry.

I'm really impressed with it, apart from the screen it seems so much better than my Omnia 7. I was going to wait for Apollo to get a new phone but I'm tempted to get myself a Lumia 800 or 900 now :*)

Pachimari

Am I the only guy here who totally adores and love the Magenta color of the Nokia Lumia 800? It's surely my favorite and I'm thinking about getting it.

bedlamite

A magenta 800 is the most attention grabbing of the 3 colors by far. I rock mine naked, I couldn't imagine covering that chassis up with a dull case. I did use the included silicon case but that got dirty after a few weeks in my pocket and looked terrible, the phone's gone naked ever since and still looks pretty new.

trinest

Am I the only guy here who totally adores and love the Magenta color of the Nokia Lumia 800? It's surely my favorite and I'm thinking about getting it.

At first I hated it, but the picture someone posted a few pages back was hot. But I still like the Cyan better, or White. IMO it needs the two tones, I saw the black one at the Telstra shop and it just looked boring.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I think black works with the Lumia due to how sleek it looks with the black colorstyle of WP7 but it is nondescript. Cyan ftw. Don't care for white. If its not black then I'd prefer some color.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Did I fuck up my Focus or has GAF been formatted differently in the last 24 hours?

You double fail. Yes GAF has formatted differently, but if you're seeing that on your focus you've already failed cause that means you're not using the second apps GAF app!

H3xum

So has anyone had any luck pre-ordering in store with a guarantee of it arriving Friday?

Thinking of going in on lunch if that's the case

Who the crap launches a product on Easter Sunday, honestly.

Vanillalite

yes, yes, I should have made the move long ago. Thanks Bret, snark and all :p

It's cool. Just was in a snarky mood.

In all honesty you can see on the regular GAF site at the top that their is a stick about the situation is fluid. Evil basically said he's working on retooling things, and how he wants to set it all up. Hasn't translated all over to the mobile stuff yet.

jaypah

It's cool. Just was in a snarky mood.

In all honesty you can see on the regular GAF site at the top that their is a stick about the situation is fluid. Evil basically said he's working on retooling things, and how he wants to set it all up. Hasn't translated all over to the mobile stuff yet.

triple fail, I thought that was about Jersey Shore. I was wondering why that was important enough to be stickied!

This is kinda hilarious.

UdmGf.png

frontieruk

so I rooted and proceeded to flash a custom ROM on my HD7 today, really not sure what the fuss is about yet, folders are nice, but then I've never run out of space on my start screen so never found the need for them, custom themes are nice, an all black one is worse than the mockups that were posted.

Lockscreen widgets is the nicest thing I've found so far. Hopefully someone will add a notification centre an MS take note of it.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Fhotoroom is free for a limited time. Best filters of any picture app I've tried, and with no sign of instacam, I would recommend this for anyone who likes to tweak their pics. Tons of ways to edit too, including easy cropping and blur/focus.

Circle T

wait for white. wait for white. wait for white. wait for white.

As the owner of a handful of white phones, I'm with you. I had to restrain myself for like 2 months when waiting for the White International Galaxy Note to become available. At least the wait for the 900 is only a couple weeks.

hwalker84

As the owner of a handful of white phones, I'm with you. I had to restrain myself for like 2 months when waiting for the White International Galaxy Note to become available. At least the wait for the 900 is only a couple weeks.

It makes it easier for me since i'll be away for the initial launch. I think I'll finally switch it up and get a White phone.

Vanillalite

Fhotoroom is free for a limited time. Best filters of any picture app I've tried, and with no sign of instacam, I would recommend this for anyone who likes to tweak their pics. Tons of ways to edit too, including easy cropping and blur/focus.

Done thanks!

PS: How do you guys figure out when stuff goes free for like a random day or two?!?!

Vanillalite

I'll say this. I'm not sure we've seen this kind of WP7 hype even from the diehards since launch. Even then we might have more hype now.

Still going by this GAF thread it's still the same people that seem interested. We haven't gotten a big influx into our thread of new people interested in the Nokia stuff. That could change when the 900 actually launches and we get a new OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom