• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

We already have a NeoGAF room, here :p You wouldn't want your phone giving notifications for every message would you? Thatd be annoying as hell hehe.

not to mention, I think rooms have a limit

maeh2k

That's pretty awesome! So what is available in "Rooms" with other OS's?

Right now not much. On Windows Phone 7 and on iOS there's only the shared calendar. I don't think they've mentionend Android, so there it's either just the calendar or nothing at all.

I suspect this will get better at some point (via apps). At the minimum is should perfectly support Windows 8.

Heretic

Right now not much. On Windows Phone 7 and on iOS there's only the shared calendar. I don't think they've mentionend Android, so there it's either just the calendar or nothing at all.

I suspect this will get better at some point (via apps). At the minimum is should perfectly support Windows 8.

Ah. Was wondering if there was a chat room of sorts with other OS's

maeh2k

Ah. Was wondering if there was a chat room of sorts with other OS's

For group chat rooms there are apps. You could check out GroupMe (which is owned by Skype/Microsoft). It's available on other platforms, too. With that you can create groups and chat within those groups via either SMS or the internet.

Yikes. I've noticed something unholy going on with my Lumia 900's standby time. 2 hours and 10% is already gone? I suspect Google push email is acting all weird.

It's kinda shitty that Windows Phone 7 doesn't support more features. The rest of my family got the hand me down Windows Phone from me and not able to share this one cool feature is really lame. Microsoft wondering why they are so behind Apple and Google this is one of the reason, the other two are way better at integrating all their services.

May be with Sinofsky gone, we could get better eco-system and none of the bull-shit where Sky Drive is half ass support along with Xbox Games and Xbox Music Video doesn't work on their own phone OS.

It's kinda shitty that Windows Phone 7 doesn't support more features. The rest of my family got the hand me down Windows Phone from me and not able to share this one cool feature is really lame. Microsoft wondering why they are so behind Apple and Google this is one of the reason, the other two are way better at integrating all their services.

May be with Sinofsky gone, we could get better eco-system and none of the bull-shit where Sky Drive is half ass support along with Xbox Games and Xbox Music Video doesn't work on their own phone OS.

Rooms was rumored for 7.8.

Time to #switchtolumia

Nah, I'm good. I miss Windows Phone, I really do. And playing with the 820 and 8X made me realize how much I hate all of you, but I got other things to buy over the year and a phone for 600 bucks is not one of them.

Milchjon

Some guy I know looked into the 920, and the sales guy told him WP8 won't be supported anymore soon.

Sad how much FUD is out there when it comes to WP.

derFeef

Nah, I'm good. I miss Windows Phone, I really do. And playing with the 820 and 8X made me realize how much I hate all of you, but I got other things to buy over the year and a phone for 600 bucks is not one of them.

The sad thing is, I am in the exact same boat. No WP8 for me, at least this year now.
Sigh.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I wonder whether I'll be still using my Lumia 900 three years later.

Doubt it. With the speed tech moves at, I wish carriers would do one year contracts instead. Ignorance truly is bliss. If I hadn't read up on the Lumia 920, I'd probably still be happy with my Focus S. I certainly haven't spent a lot of money on games since I stopped visiting the gaming side.

Doubt it. With the speed tech moves at, I wish carriers would do one year contracts instead. Ignorance truly is bliss. If I hadn't read up on the Lumia 920, I'd probably still be happy with my Focus S. I certainly haven't spent a lot of money on games since I stopped visiting the gaming side.

Let me tell you about them deals on Amazon ... I just spend $200.00 on games, they are mostly for gifts however.

Anyone here going to try to get At&t to match today sale price?

Heretic

Let me tell you about them deals on Amazon ... I just spend $200.00 on games, they are mostly for gifts however.

Anyone here going to try to get At&t to match today sale price?

I got the price match on Tuesday. Gave them a call and they said since it's within 14 days of my purchase that they can match.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
LG won't release the Windows Phone 7.8 update for the Optimus 7.

Of course it's the Windows Phone I have.

LG is a goddamned joke. I find ridiculous that those shits struggle to understand why their cellphone division is not profitable. Maybe the fact that their brand loyalty is sub-zero has something to do with it.

I think I'm going to have fun with a non-matching Windows Phone logo come 7.8. Windows Phone 8 logo on screen, old Windows Phone 7 logo on the Start button. Oh my.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nokia head of cameras and imaging Damien Dinning has left the company

The Verge Article!

Damien Dinning, a Nokia executive who headed up the company's imaging department, has left the company. Dinning previously worked with Nikon and then oversaw the release of the Nokia N8, the 808 PureView, and the Lumia 920 — three phones with category-leading cameras at the time of their launch.

kharma45

Some guy I know looked into the 920, and the sales guy told him WP8 won't be supported anymore soon.

Sad how much FUD is out there when it comes to WP.

haha sounds like an experience I had a year ago or so, sales guy told me MS was going to drop WP and pull out of phones. Instead, have you seen this Android phone that we're pushing heavily in the store with posters in the windows?

LG is a goddamned joke. I find ridiculous that those shits struggle to understand why their cellphone division is not profitable. Maybe the fact that their brand loyalty is sub-zero has something to do with it.

MS will still give us 7.8 though, matters little now about LG.

Rooms was rumored for 7.8.

Room was not mention on the recent 7.8 leak on WPCentral. They better get their act together RIM is poise to make a comeback!

Totakeke

Wise words.

I may hold back my own phone upgrade first and get my mom a new phone. Was thinking the 800 but then background Skype is a big deal. So I was looking at the 8S then noticed it has no front facing camera. Dang.

Maybe Huawei will save me.

kharma45

Wise words.

I may hold back my own phone upgrade first and get my mom a new phone. Was thinking the 800 but then background Skype is a big deal. So I was looking at the 8S then noticed it has no front facing camera. Dang.

Maybe Huawei will save me.

Look to eBay maybe at the 8X? Brand new ones over here are going for around £300-320, they retail at £400 so it's a good saving.

My Microsoft account says 'Attention required', so I input my password again and then it says my Hotmail password is incorrect. It pull my XBL info so I know I'm logged in. I've never used Hotmail with this Microsoft account, so why would it be trying to connect to Hotmail?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I finally think I set up my homescreen how I want it. The pictures hub isn't absolutely necessary up top but I like unlocking my phone and seeing my favorite photos right away. Little things like that make this OS so personal and enjoyable:

pic_A2dV_m.jpg

pic_A2dv_m.jpg

pic_A2dW_m.jpg

They look fine on my screen, but let me know if they're too big and I'll find a smaller size.

Klocker

My Microsoft account says 'Attention required', so I input my password again and then it says my Hotmail password is incorrect. It pull my XBL info so I know I'm logged in. I've never used Hotmail with this Microsoft account, so why would it be trying to connect to Hotmail?

pretty certain that the sync servers for all MS accounts are called hotmail

I had this same problem and took it to the Microsoft store to get it addressed. You need to verify your Microsoft account on a computer. I think through the Microsoft live website. The problem happens when you make your Microsoft account through Xbox or something like that.

I had this same problem and took it to the Microsoft store to get it addressed. You need to verify your Microsoft account on a computer. I think through the Microsoft live website. The problem happens when you make your Microsoft account through Xbox or something like that.

Hmm, it said my email wasn't verified on my computer so I had them send an email to verify, followed the instructions and still no luck.

The account was indeed one that was made on a 360.

I got the price match on Tuesday. Gave them a call and they said since it's within 14 days of my purchase that they can match.
Yeah, so I try that, they told me they can't do it.

edit: I stop by the store, the manager put the credit on my account as soon as I mention the price drop. They are the best Att store I have ever visited.

They also have the most Lumia on displayed...the black one is actually pretty nice.

Klocker

I did that and there's no Microsoft account option - just Outlook. And the only option for long pressing on my current Microsoft account is to sync.

Xbox live account on your computer and my accounts, at bottom of that page is account management support page then Manage your Microsoft account. see if there is anything there to help

Also so you are using your xbox live ID on your phone correct?

Is the email you are having error message with tied to your xbox live or a separate email account?

Hey guys, I was wondering; So I have upload to skydrive turned on, but whenever it uploads photos to my skydrive, it is uploading them to the root storage in a folder called "Pictures 1". Now I already have a folder called "Pictures" Where I have Skydrive keep all of my photos in. Is there a way to tell my phone to Upload to "Pictures" or do I have to move all of the files from "Pictures" to "Pictures 1" then rename "Pictures 1" to "Pictures"?

Bah, that was a mouthful

I saw someone with a similar layout a while back that really resonated with me, so I took it and modified it into my own ^-^
I still need to find some more apps though, preferably games.

Firestorm

I finally think I set up my homescreen how I want it. The pictures hub isn't absolutely necessary up top but I like unlocking my phone and seeing my favorite photos right away. Little things like that make this OS so personal and enjoyable:

They look fine on my screen, but let me know if they're too big and I'll find a smaller size.
You've got the nicest setup I've seen yet.

Heretic

Yeah, so I try that, they told me they can't do it.

edit: I stop by the store, the manager put the credit on my account as soon as I mention the price drop. They are the best Att store I have ever visited.

They also have the most Lumia on displayed...the black one is actually pretty nice.

Has it been 14 days since you've purchased your phone?

Edit: Just saw your edit. I'm glad you got it adjusted.

Izuna

Banned
It's amazing how things can change so much from what I'd expect. Lumia 920s are selling on sites like gumtree for only £320 or £350 like new yet I'm sticking to the 800.

I can't wait for W7.8 and I think I'm happy with the 800 until the next batch of phones come out. It's like my change in desire has alluded my indecision to upgrade to WP8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom