• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So, is there any way to play Zune DRM files on wp8 devices?

I remember asking that question before I bought my phone and I thought the answer was yes, but I can't get them to play.

hadareud

The Translator

I remember asking that question before I bought my phone and I thought the answer was yes, but I can't get them to play.

Most of the stuff from my Zune subscription plays fine on my WP8.

None of the stuff that I downloaded on Xbox music on my Windows 8 PC works, though. Which is absolutely idiotic. Especially annoying since I matched all my music and downloaded a shit load of it again through Xbox music to get ready and nicely organised for WP8. So imagine my delight when I synced my music collection for the first time and none of the new stuff worked.

I ended up downloading all of that on the phone itself again. Did it at work over the course of a couple of days. A huge pain in the arse, I can't believe they got rid of Zune.

frontieruk

They are still having DRM issues, they are looking into it, doesn't help but it is being investigated.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I copied all my Zune DRM songs onto my WP8. There is an initial "we can't verify" message on my phone when tries to play the song, but I just hit the back button and try again and it works no problem.

Edit: I'm going to continue to download songs using Zune since I still have a Zune HD.

PG2G

When Microsoft announced Xbox Music I am pretty sure they explicitly said Windows Phone 8. I'd assume Zune will continue on as the sync client for WP 7.X

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I copied all my Zune DRM songs onto my WP8. There is an initial "we can't verify" message on my phone when tries to play the song, but I just hit the back button and try again and it works no problem.

Just tried that and the songs still won't play. My wife owns a 900, so I would prefer to just use Zune for the both of us.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
weird. Do you have space for another another device? Maybe you have to remove one?

Yeah, I removed my old Focus S, but since the software doesn't recognize my phone I can't add it in to my list of devices. Is there any way to add a device to the Zune pass account outside of the software?

Quick bump: I think it would be fun to have some WP GAF home screens in the OP to show off tile sizes. I know some of you posted yours, but instead of assuming it's okay to post them in the OP, can you reply and post yours if you're okay?

Jallopy

Question for anyone with an 8X; does it support Lotus Notes Traveler? The 920 spec page says that the Lumia 920 supports it, but can't find anything about the 8X. And yeah, it's a work thing...

Quick bump: I think it would be fun to have some WP GAF home screens in the OP to show off tile sizes. I know some of you posted yours, but instead of assuming it's okay to post them in the OP, can you reply and post yours if you're okay?

Just give me a second to recapture

EDIT:
Killer%20Rin%20Lock%20screen.png

Got this from lastflowers on twitter. Good article.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412499,00.asp

It's not the pundit that kill Microsoft platform, it's Microsoft that trying their absolute best to kill their owns. They can deny all they want about their inner working and it not true how media report it but you can see in their products. There is no synergy between Windows 8, Windows Phone, Zune, Xbox ... they are just loosely connected by Windows Live ID and that pretty much it.

The guy that use to work for Windows Phone that went to Amazon sum it up best in his blog about the difference between working at Microsoft and working at Amazon. Again, I love Microsoft product but I have absolutely no faith in them at all to pull anything off post-PC era computing. Having critics from the like at the Verge, ZDNet and Engadgets preferring iDevices or Google eco is one thing, but they shitting on their own eco system is no excuse. How is it that a new version of Windows Phone fail to integrate with the new re-launch of their Music service. Can you imagine Apple iPhone 5 not working with iTunes.

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to set my email to automatically download pictures? I don't like having to take that extra step for every email

The title is certainly sensationalistic, but the article itself brought up some interesting discussion points.
I totally disagree, he said comparing Windows Phone to WebOS is unfair, I think its perfectly valid. Only thing Microsoft have that HP/Palm doesn't is the mountain of cash and time, and the latter is running our quick, I would argue it already did since you all think that I am nut to think post-PC computing is set. Android have about 70% percent of market now and the rest belong to Apple with remaining belong to bits player. This is not unlike the late 80's where PC become dominant. Windows Phone is like the Amiga ...and RIM may be the Atari or vice versa.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I just started using Spotify and realized there is no app for it.

WHY?!?!?!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
If I download a playlist with Spotify Premium, can I put it on my phone then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom