• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WindowsCentral: Xbox One X Amazon pre-orders surpass PS4 Pro YTD for 2017

What's interesting is that the PS4 Slim is at number 9 but the Xbox One S isn't anywhere in the top 100 at all.

Also the NES Classic is at number 23???

Kill3r7

Anyone know YTD Pro sales? Would be interesting to put things into perspective

No one outside of NPD Matt knows. Sony has not shared anything outside of it making up around 20% of all PS4s sold for the year. We can ballpark it but I would let one of the better salesGAF folks chime in.

ASaiyan

Banned
Not surprised. One of them is a genuinely great hardware upgrade, and the other is a PS4 Pro. Would've thought that $500 price tag would scare more people off though.

I would hope the S sells a shit ton this holiday. It is the more reasonably priced console and it is sleek as hell.
I am getting an S this holiday, lol. When the white Minecraft bundle hits $200 I am there.

mejin

~20% of all PS4 sales is significant, but remember it's cause of worldwide sales.
US is the strongest market for MS and it should represent more than 60% of XBO X sales.

So, XBOX without a doubt should sell more than Pro in America this year, but wont' have better numbers worldwide.

In the US? About 400k. But that's all sources. Amazon would be about 10-12%. So 40-45k.

Lol

I guess PS4 pro is front loaded like all consoles so its hard to estimate PS4 Pro YTD. The real value is probably much lower than 1.2 Million. But at least its a hard cap to the upper limit before ppl claim 3 mil preorders.

Some quick and dirty math:

PS4 Sales in 2017 ~6 Million (Jan-June)
~1/5 PS4s are pros

~1.2 Million XboxoneX preorders

If I was a maths teacher, I'd give this answer a 30% score.

You should at least take difference of regional market share between PS4:XB1 to get a passing mark. =P

Kill3r7

Those sales rankings seem bonkers.

The freaking NES Classic is at number 23.

Did Amazon even sell those in 2017 outside of their treasure trucks? lol

Keep in mind that the NES Classic had one last push in the spring. Not that it matters much. Nintendo could have put a million units in the market and they would have sold.

Oh wow. The Pro sales cratered in US then.

Not really. I would say it is doing about as well as expected and has helped the PS4 to be up so far this year.

I don't believe it.

No semi-intelligent human being would buy this console because it has no games. What are they getting it just to look at?

It's as if tons of apes stole a bunch of peoples credit cards... wait a minute...

monox1xvtbow.jpg

It all makes sense now. It's the only explanation.

gamz

~20% of all PS4 sales is significant, but remember it's cause of worldwide sales.
US is the strongest market for MS and it should represent more than 60% of XBO X sales.

So, XBOX without a doubt should sell more than Pro in America this year, but wont' have better numbers worldwide.

MS said the biggest accelerated rate in sales was Germany. Perhaps the fastest in the world.

Yes, Colbert doing his thing.

This doesn't really surprise me. I think the XOX will be really strong at launch with a higher percentage of existing Xbox owners upgrading from the base units than PS4 owners did. The push by MS is stronger and the amount of a leap from weakest of the Xbox/PS4 units to the strongest makes it a more enticing upgrade. I do think once that initial push happens it'll slow down considerably by 2018

paulogy

While I'm glad to see the early interest, on this same list we have:

#6 Nintendo Switch (Gray)
#9 PS4 Slim
#20 Nintendo Switch (Red/Blue)
#23 NES Classic
#66 Xbox One X PSE
#90 PS4 Pro

And there is currently only one Xbox One X SKU.

There are at least three different PS4 Pros I see:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LOP8EZC/?tag=neogaf0e-20 (Pro only)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RTKFY4/?tag=neogaf0e-20 (Pro + Destiny 2)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAIAV6X/?tag=neogaf0e-20 (Pro + controller)

The console-only PS4 Pro SKU is leading the three as it cracked the top 100. How many of the other two are being sold?

Actually if you take Amazon as a microcosm of the preordor/sales ratio for all store fronts. 1.2 mil is possible but for sure not accurate.

kevin1025

Banned
It's a great number. But since none of these Amazon pre-orders are locks yet, how long will it stay like this?

For the Pro comparison, it came out back in November. Even if it's 1 in 5 now, I would imagine a good chunk of them were bought when it originally released.

But otherwise, I hope the X does well. Just I wonder where this store compares against the larger overall market, where a lot of the pre-orders are money down or pay in full.

People keep talking about how the XB1S is nowhere to be found on the list. Firstly, this is about the X not the S. Secondly, maybe people haven't been buying the S because they're waiting on the X. I know I would've bought an S a long time ago if there was no Scorpio.

Capella

Serious post? You expect a few days of preorder sales to beat 2017 YTD PS4 slim sales? YTD meaning since January 1st.

Reread their post. They are asking if the Xbox One S is on the list.

EDIT: I don't believe they are saying they expect Xbox One X sales to beat PS4 slim sales for the year.

Top Bottom