• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masamune-kun's Revenge Episode 1 – The Boy Who Was Called Pig's Foot
C1bRQwoW8AE_Ctu.jpg:small
C1bR19qW8AQEV3B.jpg:small

Well it will be a fine and probably fun ride. Hopefully Makabe gets one or two male best friends. I wanted more of his past and transformation covered.

Chouchou's ED is nice, and I guess Tatsuya Katou is trying something different with the music, will keep watching.
DTL I genuinely hope you make an excel sheet with every season of Anime and have tables like

Show:
Male Protag (Y/N):
Is he hot (Y/N):
Male Friends (Y/N):
# of Male Friends:
Female love interest (Y/N):
Friendship strength (based off universal Gon and Killua standard) (%):
Possibility of kissing (%):

Cornbread78

What older brother stands around in his underwear around his little sister?

I know I never did!

I gotta say, a few of my buddies did all the time with older, younger and twin sisters; it's a sibling/family thing when there is absolutely no sexual tension around family you trust.

on a side note
Friends with sisters around the same age are to be cherished.

Jarmel

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/5m7pnd/future_plans_of_anime_studios/

Wonder what's Dogakobo and 8 bit planning, original from Madhouse huh, hope will be good.

That's really incomplete.

Xebec
-Bang Dream
-Yamato 2202
-Clockwork Planet
-Fafner: Beyond
-FMP IV

Bones
-My Hero Academia S2
-Block Blockade Battlefront Beyond
-Unannounced mecha project

Sunrise
-IBO
-Gundam Thunderbolt

WIT
-Attack on Titan S2 (how the fuck did they forget this one?)
-The Ancient Magus' Bride OVAs
-Kabaneri S2

What older brother stands around in his underwear around his little sister?

I know I never did!
With no shirt on? Never.

With a shirt on? Only when I woke up and went downstairs to eat or grab something in the mornings while in high school.

My cousin who is in college walks around shirtless and in boxers all of the fucking time when he's at home, regardless if it's just his immediate family or extended family. He gives zero fucks and probably wants to show off his muscles though.

That's really incomplete.

Xebec
-Bang Dream
-Yamato 2202
-Clockwork Planet
-Fafner: Beyond
-FMP IV

Bones
-My Hero Academia S2
-Block Blockade Battlefront Beyond
-Unannounced mecha project

Sunrise
-IBO
-Gundam Thunderbolt

WIT
-Attack on Titan S2 (how the fuck did they forget this one?)
-The Ancient Magus' Bride OVAs
-Kabaneri S2

You misunderstand, it's comment from each studios about what are they planning for 2017, most are unannounced shows.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 1:

Yea, this was as garbage as I thought it would be and I would not advise watching this show.

Jarmel

Banned
You misunderstand, it's comment from each studios about what are they planning for 2017, most are unannounced shows.

Oh that's sorta weird. I'm kind of surprised Xebec would refer to FMP as "The series everyone already knows about" when it's not a huge deal in Japan and it's their third biggest franchise they're working on considering Yamato and Fafner sell way more. Also that Trigger comment was from Newtype so I thought they were just reporting on studios' statuses.

Taruranto

The only bad thing about Fata Morgana is that raised the bar for Japanese storytelling and nothing will be great like that ever again.

Peco

I have no idea what the game is based on is about but Akiba's Trip is directed by the same dude who worked on Robot Girls Z and Sore ga Seiyuu so it's all right, I will watch it.

jonno394

so there are two girls on bicycles shows this season (Long riders finishing off and Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club), were there any other girls on bicycles shows in the last few years? I seem to think there was but all I can find are Rolling Girls and Bakuon (mopeds)

Syv

Neo Member
Masamune-kun no Revenge - Episode 1

I don't remember much from the 5 chapters i read over a year ago, other than that the maid that always follows the main girl around was my favorite character.

Liked the ED and the MC and his plan, even so it is obvious that he will fall in love with her and won't accomplish his goal.
Could be a fun watch.

Syv

Neo Member
I have no idea what the game is based on is about but Akiba's Trip is directed by the same dude who worked on Robot Girls Z and Sore ga Seiyuu so it's all right, I will watch it.

The characters and story are original and not from the two games.

Hyouka Episode 13

Time for new OP? Nice.

Oreki you sly dog. Nice going. If it was me I would have probably done the same thing too.

Chitanda's and Oreki's reaction upon discovering Oreki might have peeked at her pictures were hilarious.

Satoshi's really going to lengths for the club, but Tani's really annoying. Shoo away, you side character.

I think Oreki's sister is secretly physic or something, with the way the Straw Millionaire trade is getting played out. Onee-san's too op. Please nerf.

New ending...and it's a pretty cute one too! Oh...so that's where names2hard4you got his profile picture from eh.

You're making me want to rewatch Hyouka even though I just recently rewatched it a few months back...

Hold up... Nintendoman... You finished Hyouka in our watchbet right? Did you ever start Chihiyafuru!?

Edit: Or finish Your Lie in April?

Wow that new All Out OP is pretty good. There's some really good animation cuts in the backhalf.

I can't watch, cause I'm at work, but I hope its as good as the last one. My roommate usually skips OPs because he "just wants to get to the show and save time." But the last one he would actually sit through.

Hold up... Nintendoman... You finished Hyouka in our watchbet right? Did you ever start Chihiyafuru!?

Yeah I finished Hyouka.

This is gonna be a backlog season for me since there's nothing that really interests me all that much so I'll make an effort to have Lie in April and Chihiyafuru finished by the season's end.

That and I need to finish Penguindrum for phaze.

tfw when show you pin your hopes on needs speedlines and stills even for its full of lies PV.

If you're looking for a new TV anime with strong animation you should stick with Little Witch Academia or Akiba's Trip or (shudder) Hand Shakers if you don't vomit at the sight of GoHands' distinctive post-processing. Sakuga Blog's just put up their Winter Preview if you want some in-depth analysis of what's the most promising anime from a production standpoint. I mean, there's not much but there is some.

If you're looking for a new TV anime with strong animation you should stick with Little Witch Academia or Akiba's Trip or (shudder) Hand Shakers if you don't vomit at the sight of GoHands' distinctive post-processing. Sakuga Blog's just put up their Winter Preview if you want some in-depth analysis of what's the most promising anime from a production standpoint. I mean, there's not much but there is some.

The link is broken for me, which is kind of funny in an unintentional way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Masamune Kun's Revenge 1

This is cutting a little too close to red-pill fantasy for me.

Clov

Vita version won't be localized.

It's good to see the word of mouth on Fata Morgana stay strong, it was criminal how overlooked it was at release.

Is that confirmed? Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it was localized with a digital release, then a small physical print from Limited Run Games.

In any case this game is definitely on my radar now.

Ascheroth

Vita version won't be localized.

It's good to see the word of mouth on Fata Morgana stay strong, it was criminal how overlooked it was at release.

Really? Would be disappointing.

I've officially joined the Fata Morgana shilling club after completing it a couple days ago.

The link is broken for me, which is kind of funny in an unintentional way.

Dope. I get thrown off sometimes when I try to link on mobile. Should be fixed now.

I saw that Crunchyroll is third from the top in the production committee for Masamune-kun's Revenge, by the way. Good to know my subscription money is funding quality anime.

Is that confirmed? Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it was localized with a digital release, then a small physical print from Limited Run Games.

In any case this game is definitely on my radar now.

Who would publish it? MangaGamer doesn't do console games and I don't see anyone else licensing it to publish a late Vita port of a game that didn't sell great numbers to begin with on the PC.

brawly

DAYS | 1

I don't know about this one. Don't like the tone and art. It reminds me too much of Knight in the Area.

It seems like no football/soccer anime will ever really please me, which is weird since I played it for almost 10 years and love sports anime. Just need something a little more serious.

Dope. I get thrown off sometimes when I try to link on mobile. Should be fixed now.

I saw that Crunchyroll is third from the top in the production committee for Masamune-kun's Revenge, by the way. Good to know my subscription money is funding quality anime.

Why arent they ever on the anime that clearly look like they have the potential to be hits. Masamune Kun never screamed out to me, hit anime.

Clov

Who would publish it? MangaGamer doesn't do console games and I don't see anyone else licensing it to publish a late Vita port of a game that didn't sell great numbers to begin with on the PC.

Maybe Sekai Project, or even Aksys? I can't imagine any other companies willing to release visual novels on Vita.

Or, it could be a situation where the localization is owned by the developer, and they self-publish the English Vita version digitally (similar to Spike-Chunsoft's Steam releases).

phaze

I wasn't expecting Onihei to have some mindblowing action, it's just that it doesn't bode all that well for overall production values when you need to resort to stills even for PV.

----

Seiren's OP is bland asf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom