• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Exorcist season 2 ep.3

Man I love the characters so much. The interactions here are super strong and many emotions are thrown at each characters. I love Bon's dad and it so sad that they don't get along. Shiemi showing her best girl status too! AND well Rin's is still high tier best boy! I mean isn't he just the cutest thing with a bedhead!
3fa9e684389f9b2135fc80f4014a9d1a.jpg

Quasar

Ida Nobuna no Yabou ep.1

So I decided to pick another show off my PTW "fantasy" list today and this was the one. This was actually a pretty funny first episode that introduces a lot of the characters. We'll see how the story goes for this "stuck in a fantasy world" anime. I just hope none of these loli's get involved with the MC. Like, at all...

I did like that. Reminds me I need to get back to the stack of books its based on I have.

I especially like when the guys decisions spins the timeline way off what he knows.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Blue Exorcist season 2 ep.3

Man I love the characters so much. The interactions here are super strong and many emotions are thrown at each characters. I love Bon's dad and it so sad that they don't get along. Shiemi showing her best girl status too! AND well Rin's is still high tier best boy! I mean isn't he just the cutest thing with a bedhead!
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3f/a9/e6/3fa9e684389f9b2135fc80f4014a9d1a.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

But eyebrows is best girl......

Narag

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 12 FIN

Igarashi delivered with this show. Saw some complaints that the second season rushed the plot and that's a valid concern but it's similar to Concrete Revolutio valuing the main theme after establishing a strong base to launch it from. First season is probably better with it being contextualized by the second as it furthers Atsushi's escape from his past. I actually appreciated how little importance was placed on the macguffin of the last eight eps given these eps were framed by the first four and the loss Dazai experienced when Oda decided he no longer had a place in this world and I think I'd like to go through it all together again down the line to see how well everything works as a whole given it's reasonably strange format.

I'm 2 episodes (or 10 shorts) into The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. so far. Pretty amusing show so far. I like how one of the segments was dedicated to explaining how Kusuo is responsible for his world having anime trope logic.

KraytarJ

I haven't been keeping up as close as I usually do but what's good so far this season? I've been watching MaiDragon and Rakugo and I want some more stuff.

Plz no Konosuba recommendations

Cornbread78

Penguindrum ep.3
6JqDw6k.png

Lol, poor Ringo got rekt by the stupid cat and penguin. Definitely still weird as hell, but it had some really funny scenes as the brothers continue to lose in their search.

I haven't been keeping up as close as I usually do but what's good so far this season? I've been watching MaiDragon and Rakugo and I want some more stuff.

Tales of Zestiria the X
Gundam IBO
Twin star exorcist
Blue Exorcist seaon 2
élDLIVE
Akiba's trip

Andrew J.

Little Witch Academia 03

The feeling I got when Akko shot herself back towards the Shooting Star, declaring that any number of injuries won't stop her, is the reason I watch anime :bow :bow

Cornbread78

Interviews with Monster Girls
Masumune-kun's Revenge
Scums Wish
Fuuka
Seiren
Yales of Zestiria the X
Twin Star Exorcists

TUSR

Banned
Interviews with Monster Girls has been one of the more enjoyable shows this season.

Ill post my watched/dropped list later tonight.

But Konosuba is so good!!

Yamishibi Season 4 is off to a pretty good start. They're nice short episodes and are really creepy.

Edit: I guess Fuuka is alright...

Puruzi

Banned

Little Witch Academia, Akiba's Trip, and Interviews with Monster Girls

Cornbread78

Oda Nobuna no Yabou ep.2
Lol, I love how the dude used the classic money making trading scemes in rpgs to keep his head, but yeah, he is a dumbass. The loli's are fun characters as well so far... A little bit of force on the drama at end end, but overall this was pretty fun.

My advice to Nintendoman58: Avoid certain threads before you get banned and settle into a nice long backlog show.

Oh no... link?

Narag

Just looking into those threads got my blood boiling. I don't blame him for getting heated, but yeah it's not worth it.

Mine too but he's growing increasingly irate with each successive thread and it's not going to end well for him if he doesn't take a step back.

My advice to Nintendoman58: Avoid certain threads before you get banned and settle into a nice long backlog show.

You're right. I'm fine. It's hard NOT to get myself worked up when I see people who SHOULD be on our side just giving up and appearing to encourage other people to feel the same.

I'm sorry if I worried anyone.

You're right. I'm fine. It's hard NOT to get myself worked up when I see people who SHOULD be on our side just giving up and appearing to encourage other people to feel the same.

At a certain point you have to recognize the futility of holding discussions on certain topics on the Internet.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Episode 18 of ReZero is a textbook example of how to absolutely demolish my interest in a show. Don't care anymore.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Episode 18 of ReZero is a textbook example of how to absolutely demolish my interest in a show. Don't care anymore.
life sized rem statue owner detected.
it's a terrible episode.

Cornbread78

Damn dude... Hopefully it'a short "cool off" vacation..

Fuck Subaru, Rem the bestest by far.

Syrinx

Bungou Stray Dogs 5

Rampo's impressive and all but at the same time it's kinda hard to believe that there wasn't a single time he couldn't deduce the killer in such a short time. Though I guess they didn't necessarily say there wasn't? Just that he was always right.

Narag

Bungou Stray Dogs 5

Rampo's impressive and all but at the same time it's kinda hard to believe that there wasn't a single time he couldn't deduce the killer in such a short time. Though I guess they didn't necessarily say there wasn't? Just that he was always right.

He's probably my favorite secret character in the show, especially since he's unable to be stopped by Dazai like everyone else.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Well, if you followed that episode closely, things do finally change for mr. Asshole, but..... Fuck Subaru.
Dude was shit even before episode 18, all that episode did was confirm it.

The entire court thing was him being absolutely ridiculous. Assuming Emilia wanted him to be there for her, entire thing could've being avoided. A lot of the situations he gets put in is because he makes dumb decisions that lead to those situations. Turning down Rem after that confession, specially after all times he has seen her willingly sacrifice herself to keep his bum ass alive, only to say he loves someone that has shown fuck all interest in him was the last straw for me.

Why are anime MCs so dumb?

/rant

Any other show worth watching?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Trying to watch Flying Witch again and finish it off but I just really don't understand it. The voice acting is dull. The timing for comedic/slice of life beats is just totally off. And visually this thing is just hideous. Lots of really weird medium shots that have characters talk off screen, wonky animation, bad face work, and some truly awful character designs. Trying to give this and Amanchu a chance was a mistake. J.C. Staff's production work for 2016 was just a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom