• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka ep.8

I have no idea where they're going with this random filler arc they added in since it completely changes the narrative of the story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As someone just half-ass observing impressions, is it to pad out the show so the cour ends on the big twist?

I have no idea, its just that a very large amount of the episode is anime-original.

Cornbread78

Fuuka ep.8
I have no idea where they're going with this random filler arc they added in since it completely changes the narrative of the story.

I read similar things online from thise that have read the manga. I guess this iSvan other show I'm really glad I never read the source material because as a virgin viewer, this episode was excellent.

Just watch the episode... It's great!

You should already know the childhood friend is going to get absolutely crushed by the end of the show.. It's named after the other girl after all.

Is it? :3

Also shows that great childhood friends never win anything and will always be overshadowed by "the new person."

(...also you should join me on this childhood friend thing. I might've read ahead a bit...)

It is the natural progression from School Days, where Makoto sleeps with everyone. In Scum's Wish, everyone sleeps with everyone else.

Trying to one up School Days? Dear God...

It's melodrama, but I don't expect it to descend into jdrama-melodrama (melodrama^2?). It feels set up for the characters to learn about themselves and have moments of redemption. I just hope that doesn't mean everyone conveniently pairing off together.

I suppose if it goes full yandere, then the show was successful at being the biggest troll in a while. lol

I don't foresee these people being alright by the end of it all. If it does, it will kind of betray the scumy-ness it's going for.

The ending will be literal suffering, misery, and pain.

Edit:

As someone just half-ass observing impressions, is it to pad out the show so the cour ends on the big twist?

That would be cruel.

They will probably end (manga story spoilers)
on the confession...right before the you-know-what.

Angry Grimace

I read similar things online from thise that have read the manga. I guess this iSvan other show I'm really glad I never read the source material because as a virgin viewer, this episode was excellent.

I mean, I doubt it changes where its probably going to end up, its just a lot of random stuff happening that didn't happen in the source material that makes a lot of the sequencing of events weirder. But I can only speculate as to why - I assume they want to end on a certain point and needed to pace it differently than they would have otherwise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Cornbread78

Is it? :3

Also shows that great childhood friends never win anything and will always be overshadowed by "the new person."
(...also you should join me on this childhood friend thing. I might've read ahead a bit...)

Oh, I'm already on the childhood friend bandwagon here (and often with other shows), but I know how that will turn out...

I mean, I doubt it changes where its probably going to end up, its just a lot of random stuff happening that didn't happen in the source material that makes a lot of the sequencing of events weirder. But I can only speculate as to why - I assume they want to end on a certain point and needed to pace it differently than they would have otherwise.

Wait, are they setting it up for a second cour or for a shitty "read the manga" ending?

KraytarJ

After all this Fuuka twist talk I just looked it up because there's no way I'm watching anymore of it, and just wow. That's an interesting angle.

Anyways, on a different note after years of back and forth I've decided to finally start reading some source material. So far I've already bought Kizumonogatari (I'm a few chapters in), Bake v1, and the first 6 vols. of MHA.

Angry Grimace

Oh, I'm already on the childhood friend bandwagon here (and often with other shows), but I know how that will turn out...

Wait, are they setting it up for a second cour or for a shitty "read the manga" ending?

I have no idea. I also don't like the idea of discussing what's going to happen later or whether its interesting or funny or whatever people think about it because that conversation never goes anywhere good, so I kind of regret bringing it up since it inevitably leads to people going "HINT HINT HINT", I just thought it was weird that they deviated so heavily from the pacing of the original material.

Narag

Good on you. Resist the temptation. I kind of hate this kind of thing about media discussions online, with people walking right up to the line of spoiling things for others.

If spoilers are that important to a person, they'll make the effort of a media blackout.

Shame that they didn't make anymore after SF3, they really found their footing with that game and I liked it as much as the BN games

I'm still sad over that cancelled rumored SFxBN game...I wanted it so much. Black Ace and Red Joker were also the best transformation of any megaman game.

Cornbread78

Good on you. Resist the temptation. I kind of hate this kind of thing about media discussions online, with people walking right up to the line of spoiling things for others.

"I don't want to know" lol. Almost everyone here has looked it up but me...

I have no idea. I also don't like the idea of discussing what's going to happen later or whether its interesting or funny or whatever people think about it because that conversation never goes anywhere good, so I kind of regret bringing it up since it inevitably leads to people going "HINT HINT HINT", I just thought it was weird that they deviated so heavily from the pacing of the original material.

Oh well, I look forward to seeing where they go from here; this episode was great.

If spoilers are that important to a person, they'll make the effort of a media blackout.

Yup, I stay away from Twitter, MAL, Reddit, etc for the most part.

phaze

Fafner Exodus 10
026011z1kov.jpg
026006iuk9b.jpg
026007duk90.jpg
026017udjd7.jpg

"Cause
I'm deaaaad already
"

The fight against the Azazel type had some real nice intensity to it, which is something the endings of the two last clashes lacked. As well as what seemed like a step up in effects and backgrounds. Neat.

This Exodus thing turned out to be something much different to what I imagined at the beginning of the series.

[Rakugo S2] - 7

Christ.

Oh, I knew.

After watching season 1, and before season 2 being announced, I read some spoilers about the manga, as I couldn't imagine this series was going to have a second season in that moment; so I knew for a while already. (and unlike other posters, I didn't give any clue to unsuspecting people!).

It's interesting how
there was a hidden truth for the end of season 1, as some people complained lightly about it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blue Exorcist Season 2, Episode 7:

Well, now that things are actually in motion and the sidekick squad actually has their damn agency back the series is now better than watching wallpaper paste and that does put it above ACCA.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Scum's Wish Episode 6:

Ah yes, forgot to review this the other day, I suppose I don't find any of this truly unsettling not just because they are all terrible and rotten people to the core but nobody isn't doing anything that they not consenting to, which is actually a bit of a surprise.

LotusHD

Banned
Scum's Wish Episode 6:

Ah yes, forgot to review this the other day, I suppose I don't find any of this truly unsettling not just because they are all terrible and rotten people to the core but nobody isn't doing anything that they not consenting to, which is actually a bit of a surprise.

Umm,
what about the scene where Ecchan put her hands up Hanabi's skirt? She was clearly uncomfortable as fuck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom