• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes, Try.

Anime-gaf's favorite Gundam series.

What is this TRY that you speak of?

There is no such anime.

I don't get this comparison like, at all.
ip2gaw8upjlu.gif

The mecha in Power Rangers is only there as an asset that just pops up every now and then.

It's not like the mecha is the star of the whole thing. It's involvement is cool, but it's not the main focus.

Ascheroth

Ah, yes, Try.

Anime-gaf's favorite Gundam series.

...At least, they tried, right?

I thought it was alright, though with a lot of wasted potential. And those fucking Sei teases that went nowhere. Still would want to see a season 3 with that real tournament though.

Cornbread78

Princess Nine ep.18
Nice reunion with everyone and hopefully, back to some baseball. At least everything is out in the open and there should be no hesitation going forward.

I don't know. There is nothing 'wrong' with him having a fascination for accurate female anatomy or breasts. Now the actual question is how much of a pervert he is.

That comment was intended to be light-hearted, but I was mostly referring to how that kind of breast cleavage is highly unusual in how much weight and space it gives to the upper part of the breast - a dress cut that low would normally have the nipples showing (although thinking about it perhaps those were deliberately censored for broadcasting purposes and we're supposed to imagine they're there). I can't say I've noticed any similar kind of cleavage on real life women, except perhaps on people who weigh a lot more than Darkness does.

Theonik

That comment was intended to be light-hearted, but I was mostly referring to how that kind of breast cleavage is highly unusual in how much weight and space it gives to the upper part of the breast - a dress cut that low would normally have the nipples showing (although thinking about it perhaps those were deliberately censored for broadcasting purposes and we're supposed to imagine they're there). I can't say I've noticed any similar kind of cleavage on real life women, except perhaps on people who weigh a lot more than Darkness does.
I was thinking more of aqua. As for Darkness, some concessions had to be made for airing. I think there is changes coming with the BDs actually. Having said that, I have in fact witnessed the physics of outfits of this kind and can say they work pretty close to that.

Cornbread78

Samurai Harem ep.7
The classic ecchi harem beach episode. There was a sequence in here tgat would put Hundred to shame; bravo. However, the ending posses me off and if there is more of that I'm out.

Aki-at

Log Horizon - 1

I've been meaning to check this series out after seeing some funny scenes on youtube and hearing some good things. Wasn't a bad opening episode and got a couple of laughs from me (Also one of the few times where the main character in the party is a mage) but nothing spectacular. Might check out a few more episodes before I decided if I want to keep it going or drop it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon - 1

I've been meaning to check this series out after seeing some funny scenes on youtube and hearing some good things. Wasn't a bad opening episode and got a couple of laughs from me (Also one of the few times where the main character in the party is a mage) but nothing spectacular. Might check out a few more episodes before I decided if I want to keep it going or drop it.

Fair warning, it takes Log Horizon some time to really hit its stride.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure until EP9(first arc i think) The development of the story was cool and bizarrely(heh) believable. I started a lot of other anime so this will be put on hold for now, but i'm excited for what comes next, New York's JoJo.

K-ON! S1 This was the anime i chose to watch when i wanted to relax and it served its purpuse better than i thought it would. It reminded me when i was started learning guitar, my favorite guitarists were mentioned, it was funny and damn, the ED is probably on my top 10 ED's, the song and especially the visuals really grabs me. I already started watching S2, two episodes in, i'll probably comment on it once i finish it.

Koufuku Graffiti It's was a good show to look at, good characters with their relationships well explored, with special marks to Machiko Ryou and her grandmother, it was sincere when it was brought up here and there. I loved the ”eating food" sections, how the changes in the character visual and how self-aware it was. I wish there was more.

I'm busy with college but i'll try to watch and post impressions more often, it's good to practice writing in another language, even if it's informal like this.

11 episodes into Shirobako. I'm really enjoying it so far, although that Tarou character really grates my nerves.

I actually feel bad about having complained about anime having recap episodes in the past now.

LotusHD

Banned
Log Horizon - 1

Oh man, I remember this show being such an utter slog before I dropped it
in its second season

Nier Automata - Ending E

QZZw7am.gif

QZZw7am.gif

QZZw7am.gif

Best anime ending ever.

Erigu

For the new series? I'm not seeing anything about that on the official site, anyway...
Turns out I missed that. So, yeah, there should be some cut footage inserted back into the Blu-ray / DVD version of the second series of Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū.

Nier Automata - Ending E

QZZw7am.gif

QZZw7am.gif

QZZw7am.gif
I'm slowly playing through Nier and man. Story is great, but fuck all this backtracking/teleporting to the same spots. I haven't even beaten the first playthrough, but the thought that I gotta do all of this again a second time just to get to the good stuff is making me just want to go on YouTube and see it all there. Everything just so I can get back to BoTW.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 500 – Hidden Leaf Story, The Perfect Day for a Wedding, Part 7: The Message END
C7mUSxRVYAA4RA1.jpg:small

We did it, well Naruto did it, he made it and grew over the course of these many years, the flashbacks to when he stole the scroll in part 1 to eventually impressing Iruka sensei getting his support throughout the years to even his eventual form of saving the leaf it was amazing. Seeing all of that through Iruka POV was good.

Other stuff was nice, Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon, the messages from everyone else, even ghost Neji, made me smile and kind of tear up. I dont want shippuden to end.

On to Boruto though, fortunately SasuNaru is still alive, and Sasuke has tons of time with Boruto.
C7mX1A3VYAA7PIh.jpg:small
C7mX1A2VUAM2Isj.jpg:small

zulux21

so we are starting to get episode counts for next season in
Tsugumomo Anime Gets 12 Episodes
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Anime to Air 52 Episodes
Atom the Beginning Anime Gets 12 Episodes
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria Anime Gets 12 Episodes
Grimoire of Zero TV Anime Gets 12 Episodes

Love and Lies TV Anime Premieres in July
A Centaur's Life Anime Debuts on TV in July
Hajimete no Gal TV Anime Gets 10 Episodes, OVA
Gintama Anime to Air Reruns With New Opening, Ending Songs Starting in April
Gakuen Babysitters Anime Will Air on TV in Q1 2018
Vatican Miracle Examiner TV Anime Gets 12 Episodes, OVA
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond TV Anime Premieres in October (will have 12 eps and follow manga more closely)
6th Natsume's Book of Friends Anime Has 11 Episodes, 2 OVAs

Mizuki Kawashita Launches Ichigo 100% Sequel Manga in Apri

source is http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ mostly reporting from animejapan 2017

CrazyDude

Not sure if posted, but here is Japanese most anticipated spring shows.

Aggregate:

20. Anonymous Noise - 125 votes
19. Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor - 128 votes
18. The Laughing Salesman NEW - 142 votes
17. The Royal Tutor - 149 votes
16. Sakurada Reset - 150 votes
15. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desu ka? - 154 votes
14. The Eccentric Family 2 - 155 votes
13. Sakura Quest - 174 votes
12. Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho - 201 votes
11. Star-Myu 2 - 201 votes
10. the other The Seven Deadly Sins - 222 votes
9. RINNE 3 - 223 votes
8. The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Theater - 255 votes
7. Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 300 votes
6. Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria - 360 votes
5. My Hero Academia 2 - 474 votes
4. Natsume’s Book of Friends 6 - 584 votes
3. Saekano: How To Raise A Boring Girlfriend Flat - 644 votes
2. Eromanga-sensei - 670 votes
1. Attack on Titan 2 - 853 votes

Male Voters

10. Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho - 132 votes
9. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desu ka? - 140 votes
8. The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Theater - 155 votes
7. Sakura Quest - 161 votes
6. Natsume’s Book of Friends 6 - 168 votes
5. My Hero Academia 2 - 273 votes
4. Sword Oratoria - 347 votes
3. Attack on Titan - 446 votes
2. Eromanga-sensei - 589 votes
1. Saekano: How To Raise A Boring Girlfriend Flat - 604 votes

Female Voters

10. Atom The Beginning - 102 votes
9. Anonymous Noise - 112 votes
8. Royal Tutor - 136 votes
7. Seven Deadly Sins - 137 votes
6. RINNE 3 - 165 votes
5. Star-Myu 2 - 191 votes
4. Boruto - 214 votes
3. My Hero Academia 2 - 221 votes
2. Natsume's Book of Friends - 286 votes
1. Attack on Titan 2 - 407 votes

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/18/japanese-fans-pick-their-most-anticipated-anime-of-spring-2016

I say it every season but whatever: my plan is always to watch practically everything and drop shows as I go along and may pick up the shows again if Naragother people find them interesting.

Cornbread78

Why are they so interested in brocon/siscon ecchi stuff?

I mean:
The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family. Masamune's novel illustrator, pen name "Eromanga," draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed... that his "Eromanga-sensei" is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shoujo manga creator becomes their rival!

I mean, what in this sounds like it could be good and not cringe-worthy? It's like Oriemo with a twist...

Chase17

Naruto Shippuden 500
So I guess chapter 700 will be the start of
Boruto?

Liked that the focus of this episode took it back to the Naruto/Iruka relationship from the beginning.

Cornbread78

H.S DxD New ep.4
Uh1I813.jpg

Yes, mother approved "naked aprons" are always the best way to go. Issei you lucky dog you.

Seriously speaking though, this show would be pretty fun without all the boobs flashing around. The action scenes are, generally, well done, the characters are interesting, the world is interesting, the comedy is on point and the tone is great; it's a really FUN show to watch. Just so many nips man, there's like, never a "good" time to watch an episode........

I notice you say that about a lot of ecchi shows, but isn't that like missing like half the point of the show?

Like saying Jojo would be better if they didn't have stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom