• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sket Dance - 64

I DID IT!!!!

I finally finished the school trip arc, while the show overall is an alright adaptation, I was sorely disappointed in the adaptation of one of the funniest parts in the arc, or should I say one of the funniest parts they didn't adapt. Now that I've recovered I can move on and not look back.
While I don't watch this particular show, the issue of adaption quality is a widespread issue and I guess for me ignorance is bliss since I hardly ever read the manga before hand.

I'd listen to it just to hear my name called out.
The listeners sure will be :kayos when we start talking about :chet, :wonzo, :sdburton etc

No bludgeoning the juniors!
I don't discriminate.

Everyone would listen to the first one to find out if Jexhius' accent matches expectations.
What are the expectations. I imagine he sounds like Lily Savage.

What's wrong with Nanoripe? (Honest question because that was my first time listening to a song from them)

I thought the song went well with the openings presentation and its quirky dance routine
Nothing.

I've never seen Azumanga or Haibane and I still immediately thought it was amazing. Some people are just born with good ears I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Even I've seen Azumanga and I'm the guy who hasn't seen anything.

Ixion Saga DT 15

This episode went heavy with the RPG references which made it awesome. It also showed the suppression of the minority by the empire.
But none of those games in your screencaps are RPGs.

He lives in a house covered in tinfoil.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
From the New World 16

Wow, that has to be one of my favorite episodes so far. The OP they did for the flashback scenes was oddly sudden which made it weird initially, but otherwise this was a really interesting episode both in visuals and narrative. Definitely a strong way to close the arc. I'm not sure whats going on with
that kid in Saki's nightmare, not really sure who that could be. I was thinking it was her sister initially, but I believe Saki mentions it was a boy so I dunno where they are going with that aspect. The strange looking monsters made that whole scene very engaging though.
Isn't it obviously Shun Aonuma? because saki has to SOMEHOW remember him, because of the way the story is told

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No. Winter of Anime |OT - 5| duckroll sucks. Or something like that....
At least you're finally on board.

I still have the API that puts moustaches on every avatar and picture.
That's not kawaii.

Each time someone makes the comparison, I have a slight urge to throw something.
Blame the shoe scene.

That's the spirit!

Being on the Wall of Shame brings immunity to the feeling!
So when I purposefully got 99 posts it actually backfired on me?

Ixion Saga DT 15

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/ixionsagadt15.jpg

the gift that keeps on giving

The work of an old lady got into an anime before anything I did got in one. I feel shame.

wonzo

Banned
Kotoura-san 2

kotoura2.jpg

this is easily the comedy of the season, shit is hilarious

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's useful. This is what branduil's post looks like to me:
Like this for me:
Thumbnails can get annoying.

Puchimas! 15

If only it was Haruka that fell headfirst from that platform instead.
You suck. :mad:

Hataraki Man 3

hataraki3a.jpg

COPSLOCK
Maybe even the name of keys are copyrighted so they have to WcDonald them. Talking of WcDonald's, Chihayafuru managed to do it tastefully.

Aura? What's Aura?
It's what you shout repeatedly when you punch someone with a thousand punches a second.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maybe even the name of keys are copyrighted so they have to WcDonald them. Talking of WcDonald's, Chihayafuru managed to do it tastefully.
WcDonald's > *cDonald's > EcDonald's (Which I can only assume is pronounced "IckDonald's")

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm sorry but I needed to do this

Please forgive.
HA HA HA! Also to be relative to the subject above, I learnt we should be calling it McDizzlez.

SAO
I thought it was more than okay. Has everyone who thinks it's a very low bar been affected by the memetic bleed from the light novel?

I didn't even bother with the light novel (why would I subject myself to more SAO?). All opinions are a result of the show only.

I didn't realize there was link embedded in your post.
And now you realise how many jokes have flown over Kayos' head.

Feep how i do voice acting without being in the americas
Move to Japan.

wonzo

Banned
Blasty's Tempest 14

blastytempest14.jpg

New OP & ED are pretty bad and the same could be said of this new episode featuring the worlds most punchable face. I haven't read anything about the source material but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that
Aika was the former Mage of Exodus whom for some stupid fucking reason killed herself causing these Powers to transfer to the worlds biggest wimp whom ever whimped.
I swear to god if any of this comes even remotely close to what actually happened then Ando will forever be on my shitlist for not only wasting his talents on this fucking woeful series but also for sticking with the terrible source material instead of actually trying to fix it.

I doubt that as they're spelt perfectly in the following shot.

hataraki3b.jpg

Azure J

Out of curiosity, why exactly was A Woman Named Fujiko Mine looked down upon in here? I just started watching the series after forgetting about it and the style is just whoa. (Only through Episode 3~4 so far).

Haganai NEXT

They definitely pumped up the crass in this season by ten. Pretty funny so far and they introduced Nun Kate. That can only mean good things going forward.

Thoraxes

Out of curiosity, why exactly was A Woman Named Fujiko Mine looked down upon in here? I just started watching the series after forgetting about it and the style is just whoa. (Only through Episode 3~4 so far).

Haganai NEXT

They definitely pumped up the crass in this season by ten. Pretty funny so far and they introduced Nun Kate. That can only mean good things going forward.

When you get to the last arc you'll understand.

I actually moderately liked everything till it went down the roads it did (and am a sucker for style AKA Koike), because then it actually became needlessly convoluted.

I don't think i'm as harsh on it as others are though, but I tend to not be as angry and exaggerate about things as much as others here do.

wonzo

Banned
Watch up to episode 6 and then forget there's anything after that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Uh.... no more. Please.
Little known fact: one in every five DTL posts has a hidden fanfic.

You just find human contact icky don't you.

Can you remove that link or make it unavailable for nogaffers to see?
Ironically kayos is the one who has kept the link visible.

Sounds like I paid $5 too much when I bought it.
I've never played it but the most people go on about it my curiosity grows.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Because Mari Okada.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We should make a hentai game
you're probably better at drawing than I am :)

though the character we create would probably be worse than what they came up with

Does that mean there will finally be a storyline where someone gets their comeuppance for acts like sexual harassment or rape? And I mean legal comeuppance, not Nice Boat comeuppance.

Uchip

Banned
Does that mean there will finally be a storyline where someone gets their comeuppance for acts like sexual harassment or rape? And I mean legal comeuppance, not Nice Boat comeuppance.

I dont think either of us would want to include rape
it would sell poorly of course

sonicmj1

What's with anime and Mcdonald knockoffs. I thought KFC is more popular in Japan.

Not really. McDonald's is a lot more ubiquitous. KFC just has the Christmas season all wrapped up.

Hataraki Man 3

It says something about how constricting the assumed roles in Japanese work life are that Matsukata has to go out and get completely hammered just so she can feel comfortable bitching about a co-worker. She can't even tell her boyfriend about it because she has to be a supportive companion who doesn't burden him with her problems. Being Japanese is rough.

While none of the episodes had much budget, this was the first one where I really felt it. The end of the episode, where they're rushing to get the issue to print, should have felt tense and exciting, but it didn't wind up feeling very dynamic.

iN9NhAilyCi97.jpg

Despite the frantic-sounding dialogue, only one character actually moves during this particular four-second pan across a still image.

On the subject of product placement, it's pretty surprising how many real companies make appearances in this anime. Not only do we have the energy gel drink Weider Energy (also featured in FLCL!), but the logo of cellphone service provider au also has a cameo. I hope the studio got paid for this, because if that product placement cost them money, I'd rather they spent their bucks elsewhere.

ifoBrKbDkrpu9.jpg

For another example, this still image of a meeting lingers for a while longer than its quality probably deserves.

Good to see that she can enter "Work Mode" without engaging her "Man Switch". Maybe that bit of silliness will never come back.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 20

1. OH BOY DIESEL AND XEHANORT ARE BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHERS!
2. SO MUCH TWEENAGE ANGST I THINK I'M GONNA CHOKE.
3. Haro is legit the best character in the show.
4. Dique's daughter just grabbed Assmu Assno's ass. She is now the best not-Haro character, because she uttered the phrase "Smacking guy's butts is a tradition in my family!" How did Dique have a daughter with traditions like THAT?
Great character indeed
Actually I wish Diesel hadn't come back to life, and that he is Xehanort's brother is soooo contrived.

Also: if I hear X-Rounder one more time, I will vomit. I mean, seriously, couldn't they just be Newtypes? And why does Xehanort's Char Mask have to function as a Mewtwo Focus Armor device?
Different words because different universe . Given how awefull G.Age universe is .i'm actually glad they don't use the "newtype" word.
On a scale of 1 to Char, Xehanort is a solid Sally Po.
He however has room to grow into a better character. You'll see that potential better in a couple of episode if you ignore the stupid drama

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 48 (rewatch, spoilers in the link)

Yeah, 7th has gone loco. And that's without touching all the drama regarding
Cure Moonlight and Dark Cure
, which is a far more satisfactory jumping point to this final battle when compared to hurrdurr
doppelganger Cures
in Smile. Plus, I'm a sucker for insert songs in crowning moments of awesome.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
God I love heroines so much >< fuck helpless girls! Independent woman for the win!! :D So sexy.
So true.

Ruining January since 2012!
Yeah, who thought it was a good idea to put 3D in my 2D board?

Read it. Like, right now.
But that requires reading...

For non-Brits - this is Lily Savage.

Whatever Jex actually sounds like, I am almost certain I would out-posh any of you. I'm inches away from having friends called Bunty and Teddy, I swear.
And the opening gag is even about a jacket. So Jex.

And as for out poshing everyone, that's probable. My voice is a weird mix of Souf Landon with a hint a well spoken English from my dad. Really depends on who I'm speaking to.

sonicmj1

Because the last half is the worst kind of awful.

Narag

Because it's terrible and makes promises it doesn't deliver on.

Articalys

And the next light-novel-to-anime adaptation to be announced is Unbreakable Machine-Doll.
During the early 20th century, along with technological advancements, scientists were able to develop sophisticated magic. The combination of science and sorcery was Machinart, circuits made from spells that were put into objects to bring them to life and even give them a personality. It was developed as a military weapon and has now spread throughout the world.

Raishin Akabane is now attending the Royal Academy to become the best in the world. Accompanied by the lovely teenage girl Yaya, who is actually Raishin&#8217;s puppet weapon, he plans on rocketing to the top of the class. However, his test scores come nearly dead last although his combat skills and determination are second to none. Raishin has to compete with the deadliest of classmates if he wants to come out as the king.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotJthIWmOE

You know, with the DIY expression stickers and the fact that all the parts are interchangeable, these might be the most versatile Nendos yet.

I haven't watched more than about four episodes, but Yuno is pretty cute. However I wonder how well those sticker faces will work. I hate stickers for Lego so at the moment I am rather unoptimistic of the idea. Better off using it as a freaky no face.

But Nendos with the same body give hope for more Yurus (may as well move away from hoping for a Mitsuba one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom