• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanoha and Nanoha A's should be watched by everyone.

Yes. Nanoha is love.

Well, I mean, my experiences are limited so far.
Zechs wanted to destroy Earth
because Earth was the source of conflict. It was twisted, well-intentioned, and I've never felt he was serious. Like, I always thought
Zechs'
real goal was to make the people of Earth prove they really wanted peace.
Rau wanted to eliminate humanity
but he was mentally ill.
Durandal wanted to enslave humanity,
but only to prove the previous villain was wrong and that humanity could be saved. Char seems evil but how do you hate a guy as suave as Char?

Meanwhile, in Gundam AGE you have the Vagan, who in spite of being lame-ass Martian Successor copies, just want to live somewhere nice. They're waging a war of attrition, sure, but let's look at our so called Savior, shall we? God Complex aside, Flit has preached for forty years that the Vagan are NOT human, despite knowing they ARE (the people who did that in Nadesico were cast in a VERY negative light). Flit is in love with a girl who has been dead for forty years, and is not in love with his wife, who I assume he married so he could keep her technologically advanced grandfather on board his Gundam project. He's withheld his AGE System and Gundam technology from the Federation for the sake of making his son special. This same son he is actively shaping into a killer, while he neglects his daughter and wife entirely.

Maybe he hasn't yet reached the level of violent insanity of the villain of Gundam SEED, but in a way, knowing that Flit is entirely sane while he does all of this is somehow worse. It's like Moff Tarkin next to Vader. Sure, Vader is evil and full of black magic, but Moff Tarkin is an ordinary, sane guy who orders a planet blown to smithereens. So yeah,
Rau Le Creuset
is insane, but Flit isn't and is still planning a war that if victorious, will end in either genocide or subjugation.

Ahahaha. I'm so glad that I dropped Age with the first episode. This shit sounds absolutely idiotic.

But I do constantly look forward to reading every post you make about the show.

But Fate Zero Ep1 wasn't.

Fate/Zero Episode 1 was great.

This graph is almost too accurate.

For it to truly be accurate, it would have to show every episode of StrikerS either at 0% or dropping below the bottom line of the graph into negative numbers.

wonzo

Banned
Inferno Cop 5

infernocop5.jpg

eat your heart out, utena

trejo

Syrinx

Assuming we get to OT2 (OT-5 actually, whatever the fuck that means) either tonight or tomorrow, how long did it take to get there? Like, 3.5 to 4 weeks? That's pretty quick from what I understand.

duckroll

I have some important questions about One Piece:

- I hear Strong World is set after Thriller Bark, which is the arc I'm currently reading. Would it be safe to watch the movie after finishing this arc?

- I've seen the new movie being referred to as Film Z, but after looking at the actual naming conventions, the previous movie was called One Piece Film Strong World and the current one is called One Piece Film Z. So going by that, shouldn't the movie title just be Z?

Uchip

Banned
Hyouka isn't just well-animated, it's also really well-directed and has one of the best soundtracks of the year.

pity it was so weak on the plot side

- I hear Strong World is set after Thriller Bark, which is the arc I'm currently reading. Would it be safe to watch the movie after finishing this arc?

- I've seen the new movie being referred to as Film Z, but after looking at the actual naming conventions, the previous movie was called One Piece Film Strong World and the current one is called One Piece Film Z. So going by that, shouldn't the movie title just be Z?

yes, all of the characters from Strong World are the ones from the Thriller Bark, including Brooke

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Correct on both counts. Strong World takes place between Thriller Bark and Sabaody Archipelago canonically, so once you're completely done with the former, you can watch the film.

As for the "Film Z" thing, I think that it's definitely "One Piece Film" instead because that just sounds like an attempt to translate the usual title convention of "Gekijouban [insert franchise title here]" that I notice frequently with anime films.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Assuming we get to OT2 (OT-5 actually, whatever the fuck that means) either tonight or tomorrow, how long did it take to get there? Like, 3.5 to 4 weeks? That's pretty quick from what I understand.

We go through an OT every 4 week or so. We're getting to the next OT surprisingly early.

Yep no better place to watch it IMO. if you watch it in any other place things won't fit . Strong world is to be enjoyed once triller bark is done.

i guess they want to tell that's it's a one piece movie ?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I believe you meant |OT-This is stupid, duckroll sucks!|.

And it seems to be on normal pace I guess.

flawfuls

Yeah I don't think there is anything that could spoil you on anything.

Narag

I'm not putting that. It's going to be Winter of Anime 2013 |OT-5| Insert Kayos' subtitle of choice.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT-5| This is stupid, duckroll sucks!

It's the only form of passive protest left for you after the curtain was pulled back on this illusion of democracy.

duckroll

Sweet, thanks guys. I guess I'll be watching Strong World when I finish Thriller Bark, then hopefully catch up to where the manga is now by the time Z opens here next month! :D

kayos90

Wow you cant just ignore the poll. That is outrageous.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT-5| this is stupid, duckroll sucks!

The poll wasn't for the subtitle. It was for numbering what the insert number was going to be. And we all knew that the duckroll sucks choice was a joke so it goes to the second highest which is OT-5. If you voted for the joke choice then.... sucks.

kayos90

No, it's just common sense. People don't actually want plot when they watch a movie, if they did they could just read the script/wikipedia. They want what results from the plot.

Are you talking about a synopsis? I go to watch a movie for the story.

The poll wasn't for the subtitle. It was for numbering what the insert number was going to be. And we all knew that the duckroll sucks choice was a joke so it goes to the second highest which is OT-5. If you voted for the joke choice then.... sucks.

Then Spring of anime will be OT6? aren't the numbers strange?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Inferno Cop 5

Another amazing cliffhanger

If you aren't already watching the best thing Imaishi's made in years, do it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom