• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

First pictures of Omoide no Marnie, the new Studio Ghibli film (Courtesy of Catsuka):

BlS7TpoCUAIMf1V.jpg

Looks fairly average. The character designs look a bit more realistic compared to something like Arrietty. Not much else to say.

Branduil

First pictures of Omoide no Marnie, the new Studio Ghibli film (Courtesy of Catsuka):

BlS7TpoCUAIMf1V.jpg

Looks fairly average. The character designs look a bit more realistic compared to something like Arrietty. Not much else to say.

I liked Arrietty so I have hope that this will be good too. Yonebayashi is basically all Ghibli has going for them at this point.

Branduil

It's pretty damn faithful to the manga art, unless you have late Part 7 art in mind.

It could stand to be less ugly/cheap. Obviously the more detail you add the harder it is to animate, but given how ugly the show already was, this is one case where I'd actually be okay with CG characters.

Jarmel

Banned
It could stand to be less ugly/cheap. Obviously the more detail you add the harder it is to animate, but given how ugly the show already was, this is one case where I'd actually be okay with CG characters.

I just want the character designs that are in the OP. They look so much better than what's in the actual show.

What the hell even happened during those last 5 minutes? I understand that a Super Robot Gattai sequence was happening, but what exactly was happening?

That was most bizzare first episode I've ever seen in any anime ever. It's starts off calm and okay, then CG ROBOTS! I CAN FLY! SUPER CG COMBINATION SEQUENCE!

What the hell did I just watch?

BluWacky

Excel Saga, From the New World

There's still some that need to be put on.

I think you misunderstand The List. It's not "anime you think are bad", particularly when the anime you think are bad are more widely regarded as being pretty good. Neither of those shows, even in their worst moments, are as transcendentally mind-breakingly (sometimes hilariously) awful as some of the masochistic dreck on The List.

Well, okay, maybe the CG boulders in From The New World are almost that bad.

...I wonder why people are so hang up on putting animes on the list?

Almost all the time someone finishes a bad/strange anime is "I think samumenco/VVV/yourchoicehere should go to the list".

Articalys

I'm still holding out that the reception here for SAO II will be improved over the first season.

That is to say, none of you are probably going to like it, but hopefully no one's going to see it as a blight against mankind this time around.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm still holding out that the reception here for SAO II will be improved over the first season.

That is to say, none of you are probably going to like it, but hopefully no one's going to see it as a blight against mankind this time around.
Why, does Kirito die in the first episode? My hat off to the author then. I didn't think he'd be brave enough to pull off such an interesting development.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
My quick attempt at breaking the list down. I have an older post that describes most of the titles linked on the List page itself, but this should make it clearer which shows are crowd-pleasers and which are more fine-tuned to specific tastes and tolerance levels.

Class S
Garzey's Wing (dub)

Class A
Blood-C
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Dragon Ball Z movies (AB Group/Big Green dub)
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Kenya Boy
Mad Bull 34 (dub)
Mystical Laws (dub)
Rebirth of Buddha (dub)
School Days
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito

Class B
Baoh (dub preferred)
Black Rock Shooter TV
Black Lion (dub)
Dark Cat (dub)
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness (dub)
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe (dub a plus)
Goku: Midnight Eye (dub)
Golden Laws (dub)
Kuttsukiboshi OVA
Laws of Eternity
Musashi Gundoh
Sukeban Deka (dub)

Class C
AD Police OVA
Angel Cop (dub)
Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature
Crystal Triangle
Dog Soldier
Hermes: Winds of Love
ICE
Laws of the Sun (dub)
Street Fighter 2 V

Class D
Cyber City Oedo 808 (dub)
Mars of Destruction
Melody of Oblivion
Shuffle

Again, this is a quick reshuffling, so don't expect it to be entirely thought out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom