• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
School Days
For once, we got harem protagonist who think with his dick, and bang every harem potential with hillarious end result. He got nothing on Tenchi though. Also, birth control is very important kid.

Key points:
Dude who bangs anything
Ojousama with big bewbs
annoying little sister
Totally in love with you, but i'll support you classmate who goes batshit insane and fuck the protag anyway
Foursome
NTR
Haunted sex house in highschool
Sex video tape
Nice boat
Condom is overrated
Saw is dangerous
NTR
pseudocyesis

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 125

Even I'm starting to feel like the pacing is dragging somewhat at this stage, but I can't really complain because in this episode both Gonroom and Kingfight got central focus. The numerous recap flashbacks felt a little excessive, but eh, what can you do. And while it didn't feel like all that much happened on either front, the psychological developments that took place in Gonroom were undoubtedly important, most obviously
Pitou's decision that Gon needs to be eliminated at all costs, indicating that he has no intention of upholding his side of the bargain

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 14:
It's impossible not to get emotional with Umezawa's farewell to Ippo and his mom. That was really well executed by the show, and it did a good job reflecting back on Umezawa's role in Ippo's life to date, and giving him some closure about the way he had treated Ippo in the past. The episode also had a lot of really great comedy scenes, which is a good thing coming after such a dramatic fight.

Theonik

He's inspired by his own ageing. Can't be helped.

I wish there was a Strike Witches one, but I guess even Pizza Hut thought it was absurd for the company to exist years prior even if it's a pseudo-WWII setting.
Strike Wtiches already have pizza butt though.

Eusis

THAT was my moment. There were some stupid moments before, but I could just go like "yeah, anime", but this? Nope, nope, nope, NOPE.

Fuck off.
Wonder how close I was to this moment before Adult Swim screwed things up? Probably reasonably close, I think it was within the second half of season one.
It's a shitload more entertaining than SEED though.
That's probably BECAUSE it's more retarded. I'm guessing SEED doesn't ever go quite as far and instead just comes off as dumb rather than special.

Wild Adapter OVA 1
BlTRSOHCQAAojpH.png

Started off in an odd manner quickly introducing everyone but halfway through everything fell into place make it good as a standalone thing. Easily KuboToki is the best and most canon otp here. I want more of their slice of lifey scenes.

Cant believe we have to wait until like November for the next part.
Kubo is just plain epic that I need so much more, his two scenes doing the elevator firing thing, and then just barging in getting all.

Though this once against the typical BL anime issues, lower production values than most anime and looking like it comes from before 2010 and such, but catchy OP song, good base character design, and good story.

Crocodile

KLK thread:

well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

My quick attempt at breaking the list down. I have an older post that describes most of the titles linked on the List page itself, but this should make it clearer which shows are crowd-pleasers and which are more fine-tuned to specific tastes and tolerance levels.

Class S
Garzey's Wing (dub)

Class A
Blood-C
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Dragon Ball Z movies (AB Group/Big Green dub)
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Kenya Boy
Mad Bull 34 (dub)
Mystical Laws (dub)
Rebirth of Buddha (dub)
School Days
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito

Class B
Baoh (dub preferred)
Black Rock Shooter TV
Black Lion (dub)
Dark Cat (dub)
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness (dub)
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe (dub a plus)
Goku: Midnight Eye (dub)
Golden Laws (dub)
Kuttsukiboshi OVA
Laws of Eternity
Musashi Gundoh
Sukeban Deka (dub)

Class C
AD Police OVA
Angel Cop (dub)
Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature
Crystal Triangle
Dog Soldier
Hermes: Winds of Love
ICE
Laws of the Sun (dub)
Street Fighter 2 V

Class D
Cyber City Oedo 808 (dub)
Mars of Destruction
Melody of Oblivion
Shuffle

Again, this is a quick reshuffling, so don't expect it to be entirely thought out!

Like I'm still not sure what to make of this list. Of the shows I've seen on there, Code Geass and Blood C were enjoyable even if some STUPID SHIT went down in both series. Garzey's Wing was more boring stupid than funny stupid. Melody of Oblivion I remember being ok to meh but not particularly memorable from when I saw it years ago. Episode 1 of Glass Fleet bored me to tears - the show was devoid of anything resembling heart, soul or sense. I couldn't even finish Mars of Destruction - I could feel myself getting cancer as it progressed and I eventually had to bail out. Are those the appropriate reactions for where the shows are placed on the list?

cnet128

Banned
Love Live! 9

Kotori bestest meido. Like, maids aren't really one of my "things" in general, but I'll be damned if Kotori doesn't make an excellent argument for their greatness. I think she may be one of my favourite Love Live girls.

I'm not sure if I like her singing so much, though. Sounds so different from her super-sweet speaking voice.

Code Geass is the best anime Sunrise has ever produced. It being on "the list" pretty much destroys all the credibility of said list. The fact its grouped with trash like School Days and Arjuna is disgusting.
Yeah Code Geass really stands out of that list. Before I joined GAF I didn't even know that there are sizable amount of people that actually consider GC as a bad anime as otherwise I have only seen people praising the show. One of my all time favorites too.

Shergal

Well Code Geass is pretty legit if you assume it was deliberate (part of it, anyway). All the theatricality of the presentation is very well-realized by the production, the dialogue and the voice actors. It's just all the nonsense bullshit that is harder to justify.

cajunator

Banned
KLK thread:

well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Like I'm still not sure what to make of this list. Of the shows I've seen on there, Code Geass and Blood C were enjoyable even if some STUPID SHIT went down in both series. Garzey's Wing was more boring stupid than funny stupid. Melody of Oblivion I remember being ok to meh but not particularly memorable from when I saw it years ago. Episode 1 of Glass Fleet bored me to tears - the show was devoid of anything resembling heart, soul or sense. I couldn't even finish Mars of Destruction - I could feel myself getting cancer as it progressed and I eventually had to bail out. Are those the appropriate reactions for where the shows are placed on the list?

results may vary. But if you want to watch a not so boring series watch Yami. It doesnt make any sense but its entertaining!

Huh, got a banner ad for a "Cute Girl Raising Game" (on the mobile site). Thanks guys!

If you wont raise the cuties, who will?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah Code Geass really stands out of that list. Before I joined GAF I didn't even know that there are sizable amount of people that actually consider GC as a bad anime as otherwise I have only seen people praising the show. One of my all time favorites too.
Code Geass R2 takes what normally should be awful production and makes something wonderfully entertaining.

cajunator

Banned
Well Code Geass is pretty legit if you assume it was deliberate (part of it, anyway). All the theatricality of the presentation is very well-realized by the production, the dialogue and the voice actors. It's just all the nonsense bullshit that is harder to justify.

Sometimes a show comes apart so neatly you realize it had to be deliberate.

I am truly loathing the product inconsistencies that are being released with multiple season series. There was NISA with the differences in standard edition releases for Arakawa Under the Bridge, and now FUNimation will be releasing Railgun S without a LE artbox. There's still a chance the second half of Railgun S will have a LE, but I do not recall FUNimation doing that in the past. I can only wonder how Index II, along with the movie, will be handled besides the current lack of Blu-ray rights from NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan for the Raildex franchise.

Nafe

I'm still going to have to go through all of OceanBlue's post but that was a good discussion about the second episode of Mushishi with BluWacky, Jexhius and Jarmel.

After watching and liking the more recent special OVA I ended up taking a look at the show. The first episode was okay but I didn't seem to like it to the degree that the general opinion of many posting in AnimeGaf seemed to be. I had personally still liked the OVA better. Watching the second episode though and I liked it much better. I didn't post any comments but pretty much agreed with many that had gotten posted and re-posted by others. Pretty much a "what they said" scenario.

---

Gintama

Episodes 84 and 85

These two episodes were the ones that focused on the "hard boiled" detective that he so loves to repeat. I don't remember the general opinion on these two episodes but honestly I wasn't really a fan with how it started. It was only five minutes but I was already getting kind of bored and it wasn't until Gintoki broke the fourth wall that I became a bit more invested again.

Overall they were okay but the jokes were hit and miss with me on these ones. I pretty much had it figured who the thief was but wasn't sure what led to his change of heart until the reveal.

Syrinx

And Yet The Town Moves 5

Hotori's brother's date was pretty cute to watch. And her laughing hysterically when he said he didn't understand women was great.

Watching The World Is Still Beautiful and One Week Friends.

The latter is going to take me on some serious feels trips, I can already sense it. Fujimiya is adorable and I really like the soft art style and the music is very pleasant.

What else is interesting this season? I enjoyed Buddy Complex from last season and wish there was more of it.

survivor

Banned
Spice and Wolf 8

While the economics parts of the dialogues are growing on me, I always enjoyed seeing Lawrence and Holo try to outwit other merchants while conducting business deals in this show. Not to mention, they are getting some really great milage out of the music making these scenes much more exciting than they should be.

Also fluffy tails webm

Eusis

Yeah. For gamers trapped in a fantasy world/game I'd recommend Log Horizon. Best in (sub) genre that is.
Yeah, what little I've checked out does sound like it's more legitimately interesting than, say, .hack, nevermind the reputation SAO has. At least here it just sounds like Thing Happens to explore a possibility (what if we suddenly lived in a video game?) rather than trying to make some weird pseudo mystical plot that comes off as half baked in the case of .hack.

Watching The World Is Still Beautiful and One Week Friends.

The latter is going to take me on some serious feels trips, I can already sense it. Fujimiya is adorable and I really like the soft art style and the music is very pleasant.

What else is interesting this season? I enjoyed Buddy Complex from last season and wish there was more of it.

Aside from those two, which I'm enjoying, I'm finding Baby Steps and Haikyuu to both be pretty good through two episodes, although they're also basically what you'd expect from a sports anime, so it really comes down to if the genre holds appeal for you.

cnet128

Banned
Love Live! 10

Iiiiiiiit's summer training camp time!

I think Umi wins the cutest swimsuit look contest, mostly due to how embarrassed she is about the whole thing. Well, she is named after the sea, it's only fitting that she should take this one.

Meanwhile Nico is in full tryhard mode. Is there any time when Nico isn't in full tryhard mode? Also, hey look it's that pairing everyone seems to love so much.

To be perfectly honest, though, who cares about swimsuits when we have PYJAMAS?! And for this contest I think Nico definitely has to take it, though the episode contains criminally few actual decent shots of her in those pyjamas (believe me, I looked). Honoka comes in second place.

Oh, and of course Nico has to go and ruin everything by providing us with...

…this monstrosity. Dammit, Nico, I bet if you hadn't done that I would have been able to find better shots of you in those delicious pyjamas as well. Being Nico fan is suffering.

Oh yeah, there were also other things in this episode like breaking down walls between senpai and kouhai and character development for Maki and Nozomi and stuff, but honestly who cares about that when there are delicious outfits to look at. Priorities!

Aside from those two, which I'm enjoying, I'm finding Baby Steps and Haikyuu to both be pretty good through two episodes, although they're also basically what you'd expect from a sports anime, so it really comes down to if the genre holds appeal for you.

Love sports anime. Will give those 2 a shot. Need something to fill the Kuroko void ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom