• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipeOut HD - new screens (wow!)

gogogow

The lighting and textures are amazing.

In spring 2007, 6 people were working on the game, now it's up to 25-30 people.
- Full 1080p/60fps
- Includes music tracks by Kraftwerk, Mason, DJ Fresh et Stanton Warriors, all remixed in 5.1 surround sound.

release date

US: TBA
EU: TBA
JP: TBA

Although:
SolidSnakex said:
I was just looking at a site that has a preview of the UK OPM for January and they're saying May/June for the release.

89irqyc.jpg

6kk7wyf.jpg

6pyjbdg.jpg

71hhno7.jpg

8e0az3o.jpg

71x4g9z.jpg

6ntp5pk.jpg

85k5mia.jpg

7xydbtw.jpg

82m99hf.jpg

from playfrance

The new bump mapping looks gorgeous.

Surface of the roads, combined with the lighting, gives a really great sense of depth.

It's a lock for 60fps/1080p, right? Can't wait...

Jeff-DSA

Looks great. And I hope people don't take this as trolling, because I do love WipEout, but every time I play the game I am wishing for F-Zero GX 2 more and more. WHY NINTENDO, WHY!???!?

I will buy this.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't get why they aren't releasing this into retail. It looks good and has online gameplay which puts it on par with other retail racers.

I was already going to get this, but oh mama that's sexy. How much will this be, is it PSN only? If its under £15 I'm so there.

Second said:
I hope Sony is releasing those PSN prepaid cards soon. I'm dying to play this.

Neither of them have a release date other than early 2008. So the cards could make it out before this releases.

Bebpo said:
I don't get why they aren't releasing this into retail. It looks good and has online gameplay which puts it on par with other retail racers.
Likely to just push PSN more. I wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually release down the road as a Greatest Hits if it does well enough. For now though they probably just want to use it to bring more attention to DL games.

Bebpo said:

According to them they don't feel there's enough tracks in the game to justify a retail release (there will be 8 when the game ships). But they said its a possibility if they end up adding 8 additional tracks.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Heck yes, perfect shadows. That's been one of my largest annoyances this generation so far, I'm really glad to see them sharp and crisp here

HOLY FREAKING SHIT!!!! O______________O

Best PSN game till the end of the gen confirmed :D :D :D :lol

That looks extremely beautiful! And with the gameplay of the series... just wow.

Jeff-DSA said:
Looks great. And I hope people don't take this as trolling, because I do love WipEout, but every time I play the game I am wishing for F-Zero GX 2 more and more. WHY NINTENDO, WHY!???!?

I will buy this.
Agreed. F-Zero GX just blew me away, one of the best GCN games ever and my favorite futuristic racer of last gen. :D

Having said that, I still think WipEout is the better series overall, with a lot more stand-out titles by far.

lynux3

Holy shit! WipEout sure has come a long way. Are they still planning to do a proper game for PlayStation 3?

RavenFox

Banned
I cant believe they took old assets and give us this with so much glory. PS3 visuals are so damn crisp and vibrant.

lynux3 said:
Holy shit! WipEout sure has come a long way. Are they still planning to do a proper game for PlayStation 3?

Yep, this is basically a WO to hold people over until they can complete the real PS3 WO.

Top Bottom