• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipeOut HD - new screens (wow!)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
FUCK......................................ME!

6kk7wyf.jpg

*sigh*

There's just no way those are ingame....I just refuse to believe it. I mean seriously.....that can't be what the game will look like running in realtime....right?

......RIGHT??????????????????????????????

If those are ingame then it's game over....WipeOutHD just took the crown for the best looking game ever created....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obliterating even Crysis and GT5P

gbovo

isamu said:

http://hawt.jpg[/img]

*sigh*

There's just no way those are ingame....I just refuse to believe it. I mean seriously.....that can't be what the game will look like running in realtime....right?

If those are ingame then it's game over....WipeOutHD just took the crown for the best looking game ever created....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obliterating even Crysis and GT5P
alborghetti21zj.gif

RiverBed

Banned
isamu said:

if it was any other game, I'd have my doubts. but this is fucking Wipeout on fucking PS3! I believe!

RandomVince said:
What about a 1080p bravia lcd (purely non-hypothetical potential purchase question)?
with any Bravia model, you are good to go- for anything. only shitty half-assed unknown make cheap LCD knock-offs have those problems. I got a Bravia V with only 720p/1080i and it is amazing that my eyes bleed of awesomeness. even Ugly Betty becomes so beautiful on it!

GHG

Thats it, I need to buy a PS3. How I will finance one I don't know, but I'm getting one... somehow. If this is what Sony are pushing as a downloadable game then holy crap at what the proper PS3 wipeout will be.

bj00rn

Banned
The pinnacle of rubberband racing... Looks good. Wipeout is one of my favorite racing games of the PS era. And Wipeout XL topped it all.

isamu said:

*sigh*

Played it at the Leipzig games convention. This is in-game.

bj00rn said:
The pinnacle of rubberband racing... Looks good. Wipeout is one of my favorite racing games of the PS era. And Wipeout XL topped it all.

You haven't played Pulse yet right? I think you may be surprised by the lack of rubberband AI in HD. The new Wipeout is about pack racing and aggressive AI.

ChryZ

How would they be able to top those screens with a future retail game?!

Seriously, this is all the WipeOut I need. SONY, release it asap ... ASAP!

Zyzyxxz

isamu said:

umm... a little bit too excited here? How does it look better than Crysis?

Doubledex

Banned
isamu said:
What the hell are you talking about! Have you played any PS3 games yet? Are you still in the PS2 era??

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
82m99hf.jpg

Seriously....that is just all kinds of ripe bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zyzyxxz said:
umm... a little bit too excited here? How does it look better than Crysis?

I think Uncharted looks better than Crysis, at least from the many "Very High Settings DX10" HD videos on Stage6, I have to say I was underwhelmed by what I saw. I know it's not logical but when I compare the two my brain tells me that Uncharted looks better. And WipeOut HD looks like pure sex.

WipEout has very fresh imaginative design. After 6 games the franchise still looks fresh and relevant. I'm not going to claim it's the most advanced geometry ever because it isn't, but the design is really tight and when you're going insanely fast they have the right stand out landmarks so you know where you are. Like that kick ass volcano or the wet section of track on the elevation.
I rate it highly in the genre.

Jube3

Whoa how did I miss this, looks fantastic. I have not been following this, is this a PSN game like warhawk was or a retail game?

-viper- said:
A Playstation Network game like Warhawk.

Wait what... You mean there is NO SINGLE PLAYER MODE? Please say it aint so! My internet connection simply does not allow me to play anything online... That would be the worst news ever for me and would totally prevent me from playing this game :( At least until I move to another location or some wireless internet coverage reaches my area.

K0NY

Naked Snake said:
Wait what... You mean there is NO SINGLE PLAYER MODE? Please say it aint so! My internet connection simply does not allow me to play anything online... That would be the worst news ever for me and would totally prevent me from playing this game :( At least until I move to another location or some wireless internet coverage reaches my area.
Seriously? You can't actually believe that a Wipeout game would come out with no single player. Or are you just trying to start one of those fake rumors to get some internet fame? The game will most certainly have a signle-player component. It will be available for purchase on the Playstation Store like Warhawk though.

Naked Snake said:
I think he just meant that you purchase it from PSN rather than buying a disc to play it.

I hope it's shareable though, unlike Warhawk. I want to share it with some friends. However, I don't have a problem fully supporting a game this good.

isamu said:

I didn't want to say it because I would've been burned alive but I agree 100%. It's best looking game I've ever seen, at least in screenshots.

K0NY said:
Seriously? You can't actually believe that a Wipeout game would come out with no single player. Or are you just trying to start one of those fake rumors to get some internet fame? The game will most certainly have a signle-player component. It will be available for purchase on the Playstation Store like Warhawk though.

I wasn't trying to start a rumor or anything. I have Warhawk at home (not my copy) and I popped it in the other day to play it and was surprised to find out that it's network only, so I couldn't even check the game out. So when two people said "Yes WipeOut is a PSN game like Warhawk", I freaked out.

Durante

Wow console gamers are easily impressed by high-res textures and good IQ.

But seriously, it's not surprising that this looks so good: Wipeout is basically an ideal case for modern 3D rendering. Sci-Fi environments, futuristic floaters and little to no organic shapes in sight. (It's even easier to render realistically than bald space marines in huge body armor!)

Durante said:

But seriously, it's not surprising that this looks so good: Wipeout is basically an ideal case for modern 3D rendering. Sci-Fi environments, futuristic floaters and little to no organic shapes in sight. (It's even easier to render realistically than bald space marines in huge body armor!)

troll.gif

ChryZ

Naked Snake said:
I wasn't trying to start a rumor or anything. I have Warhawk at home (not my copy) and I popped it in the other day to play it and was surprised to find out that it's network only, so I couldn't even check the game out. So when two people said "Yes WipeOut is a PSN game like Warhawk", I freaked out.
You can play Warhawk offline. There is LAN support and up to 4P splitscreen. It's multi player only though, but it's also the only "multi player only" game on PSN.

eso76

Durante said:

technically speaking these pics are nothing mindblowing, and your points are valid (but i think there will be some organic environment around those tracks, hopefully huge landscapes to be seen in the distance, the first pic of the op shows lots of promises behind those clouds) but it still looks very good.
I am not sure IQ will be this polished though, but when i play games on my hdtv set they tend to look much more like those antialiased screenshots released by devs than direct captures seen on pc monitors.

Looks very promising, i just hope wipeout 5 adds depth to game mechanics. What i'd really like would be a wipeout meets GT kind of game, with several manufacturers, models to buy, lots of upgrades to purchase for your aircraft, customization and tuning options, tournaments etc.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
ChryZ said:
Yeah, it's a PSN game. Having those gems on the HDD is so awesome, no need to get up and switch discs = :D
exactly. Those are the kinds of games you feel like playing from time to time and think "I have to get all the way up to the console to put the disc in? Forget it." And now, it's just flick on the PS3, and run the game. I love this next-gen thingy.

neorej said:
exactly. Those are the kinds of games you feel like playing from time to time and think "I have to get all the way up to the console to put the disc in? Forget it." And now, it's just flick on the PS3, and run the game. I love this next-gen thingy.

Now all they have to do is remove those annoying, unskipable, 1min + credits in the start... So annoying...

Seriously, PSN games need to be the most pick up and play as possible.

andycapps

Insane Metal said:
Get a PSX and Wip3out.
Or ePSXe on teh PC and emulate it.

I've actually been debating picking up the Wipeout offering on PSN for my PSP with some Christmas money... Question being whether to get COD4 for the online, Ratchet to support Insomniac and play a great game, or to buy a ton of downloadable games that I've had my eye on.. Decisions, decisions.

Steroyd

neorej said:

I've had that feeling to, I'm sitting there thinking, "Ooo I haven't played [insert game] in a while" and by time I've got up and looked for the game on my shelf, I've already entered the "Oh fuck it" stage.

Can't believe this is just the PSN version. :O

For the record does anyone know whether this has game has been hit with a big delay (may/june) or can we expect to be playing it by the end of February?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I still can't believe it. Wow.

satori

Jeez this is a big step up from the first wipeout I played on the psx...I really hope technology does not hit a wall and in the next 2-3 console we can see this type of advancement.

Can't wait for this one.

Top Bottom