• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired play through all of Too Human

Ramenman

fernoca said:
Come on..
Seeing how many around here consider him a liar or that he talks too much and everything, while then believe on what he said? Selective reading?

According to GAF, Dyack basically taks sh*t everytime..yet, he says that about a "complete experience" and it is the truth? Or faith? :p

Seriously -_-

"Yeah, the guy said something about his game and it turns out it wasn't true, but since he's known as a liar I don't see why you reproach him for that !"

And thanks to Kohler for posting his screen and shut some traps. The defense for this game is becoming as dumb and excessive as the hate.

At least it's amusing to read.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
totilo said:
Compared to “MGS4,” “Too Human” has real-time cut-scenes that are not told with as dramatic a flair

that's an irresponsible understatement of the difference between mgs4's cinematic accomplishment and too human's standard-issue videogame puppetshow horseshit

totilo is joining cliffy b on my list of blasphemers against mgs

my list of blasphemers against mgs said:
1. clifford bleszinski
2. stephen totilo

there

Nolan.

Ysiadmihi said:
On the upside, maybe the trilogy will be canceled and we'll get Eternal Darkness 2 soon :D

On the upside maybe Dyack will be more humble and Sk games won't suffer because of him in future...

WrikaWrek

Banned
Amir0x said:
oh my wow

i guess if you're still able to breathe after all the laughter caused by watching the opening cinematic, you may get to the rad Diablo-esque gameplay underneath.

I've seen better Machimina shit done.

Heck anyone remember that crazy ass Metroid vs Master Chief matrix looking thing? Done by one dude. Was better choreographed and directed than this shit that was probably done by multiple dudes, and they were paid.

Cmagus

i don't see anything wrong with the art style at all.Sure it doesn't look like MGS 4 but it's not terrible there is some really nice texture work in there.I can agree with some of the animations not having alot of weight to them but not every game is perfect.

drohne

WrikaWrek said:
Was better choreographed and directed than this shit that was probably done by multiple dudes, and they were paid.

actually i hear that sk staff are working on spec -- if dyack wins that lawsuit, they're going to get the gears of war team's salaries

S1kkZ

WrikaWrek said:

Heck anyone remember that crazy ass Metroid vs Master Chief matrix looking thing? Done by one dude. Was better choreographed and directed than this shit that was probably done by multiple dudes, and they were paid.

haloid.
you should watch dead fantasy 1+2 (its on gametrailers).

S1kkZ said:
intro part one:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35701.html

awful...(animations, dynamic, art design, no sense of weight)

Hot damn! Did that ever look like shit. Facial models were unbelievably low-grade and the voice acting had amateur-hour written all over it.

After seeing that Kohler can finish this game at 100% his first play through in 10 hours, this game is definitely gonna be a RENT if i ever get around to it.

Its sad that microsoft and dyack have hyped this game as a AAA-Blockbuster for so long when it is clearly nothing more then B-movie cheese. Not that there's anything wrong with that. A man can't eat a steak with a bottle of Cabernet every night - sometimes a mcdonald's cheesburger with a strawberry shake will suffice.

Dragona Akehi said:
So that is what Dyack is playing that.

Super duper ultra secret spoilers (no seriously I'm going to be giving the entire plot away here so don't highlight):
the premise of Too Human is the Aesir forcefully taking back Baldr from Hel? That's it? Jesus. At least that explains why he's baldr than bald

There is no facepalm big enough.
...................................... What.

Monocle

WrikaWrek said:

Excellent point. Monty Oum's work puts that trash to shame.

How!?
How is it possible the creator of Eternal Darkness oversaw those cutscenes!?
I remember loving the way the scenes and interaction were handled in ED how
can this be from the same designer it makes no sense!

My god the characters faces.....WTF is that all about its like silly putty come to
life.

Mifune

Mehmber
Those intro cinematics are embarrassing. Actually, they're not so bad when it's just people walking and talking. Once the action starts so do the giggles.

I_D

Technosteve said:
diablo 2 was only ten hours of gameplay

Uh... no.

Maybe if you get a rush, sure.

If you play through normally, even with 7 other players, it'll take you a lot longer than 10 hours to complete the game.

drohne

Mifune said:
Those intro cinematics are embarrassing. Actually, they're not so bad when it's just people walking and talking. Once the action starts so do the giggles.

i thought the walking animations and the dialogue were the crowning embarrassments of those cutscenes, but i guess too human's cinematic failures are varied enough that different people will find different things to appreciate!

Sinnoch

Banned
Looks like a decent rental. A bunch of good games like Uncharted, Devil May Cry 4, and Ninja Gaiden 2 also fell in that category.

No one is forcing you to buy 10 hour games, getting the full experience on a $7 rental isn't really so bad is it?

Mifune

Mehmber
drohne said:
i thought the walking animations and the dialogue were the crowning embarrassments of those cutscenes, but i guess too human's cinematic failures are varied enough that different people will find different things to appreciate!

Or depreciate.

I guess I was distracted by "spooky voice" and didn't pay attention to what was being said.

<insert Iwata & Miyamoto laugh and chuckle> Unless of course they funded some of the development... but then SK bought themselves out... so I guess Nintendo wins.

BruceLeeRoy said:
What website was saying the games graphics were incredible?...Ugo or something those guys have to be
kidding.

Bruce, I take it then that you won't be handling the 'official thread' duties for this one?

NoirYuki

Robogirl reminded me of System Shock for some reason.

Terrible videos, though the setting in the second was kind of interesting.

This game is failure.

Dirtbag

Technosteve said:
diablo 2 was only ten hours of gameplay

diablo 2 also had randomized dungeons, multiple difficulties, and 4 player coop making for very unique 10 hour play-throughs.

Doc Evils

Kittonwy said:
ONLY if we consider BROCK a real university.
Indifferent2.gif

Why so low, why so low!

DSN2K

the opening cutscene....

nine months later....
:lol

dunno why I found that funny it just came out of nowhere, Animation still sucks clearly whats a shame cause it was my main issue from before but it will make the rental list.

Rolf NB

Always-honest said:
so after a full playtrough the game still has nothing to show for?
You can play with an awesome person in co-op. Choose correctly, and you may be told funny jokes and have interesting conversations. Is that not worthwhile.

NoirYuki

DSN2K said:
the opening cutscene....

nine months later....
:lol

dunno why I found that funny it just came out of nowhere, Animation still sucks clearly whats a shame cause it was my main issue from before but it will make the rental list.

I thought they were really going to let it sit at that screen for that long.

I think MS let Dyack do what it did to make Too Human Happen and after all the money they gave SK and after all the defending they did for SK, I dont believe Too Human will be a trilogy, I believe MS must have had a clause that if the game underperforms and underacheives, they will not go ahead with the trilogy.

Dirtbag

artredis1980 said:
I think MS let Dyack do what it did to make Too Human Happen and after all the money they gave SK and after all the defending they did for SK, I dont believe Too Human will be a trilogy, I believe MS must have had a clause that if the game underperforms and underacheives, they will not go ahead with the trilogy.

Is this something you are just making up as you go along, or do you actually have some rough fact this is based around?

Cmagus

Thing that makes me laugh though is people say the character models look bad and the animations are terrible yet turn around and give GTA 4 amazing praise when the character models don't looks as good as these and the animations are no better in their cutscenes.

Top Bottom