• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

I have some thoughts about the "gameplay" as is even in the game of the thread. Something a bit different than comparing foiliage.

Do you guys have no opinions about the combat? While it seems better (almost anything is when compared to W2 in my opinion) it seems to have the same foundations and animation chaining systems. You really don't have enough control over the attack Geralt uses, which is an absolute misunderstanding of how should combat work in such a action oriented combat. It was fine for W1 as the combat was not based on the played hitting the buttons to get attacks, but they seem to continue in this way all the way to this game.

What you need in a game like this is readability and consistency in the character's moveset, frame data and hitboxes. When I push an attack button in a Witcher game (meaning 2 and as e can tell 3 as well) Geralt choses one of maybe 4 actual different attacks with different speeds, sometimes even does a pirouette before making contact with his sword. This is a really bad decision. Yes, it looks good, the animation look and feel much better, but in terms of controlling your character, you can't have it like this.

Imagine a standart combat scenario. I wait for the enemy to attack, dodge the attack and want to use his recovery against him. I push a button and don't know what animation will I get. Am I going to push out a fast attack and be able to stunlock my enemy to a short combo? Or will Geralt randomly choose to do 2 spins before hitting, which gives my foe time to recover to block or maybe attack as well? This would never happen in games like Dragon's Dogma, where the combat fundamentals are so impeccable, you never run into any scenario, where you don't know what will your character do upon hitting a button. Take some god damn advice from character action games about how how the animation chaining and starting should work. Slower paced and stripped down character action combat is what these games have anyway without really realizing it.

Look at 06:20 of Gopher's video. The enemy has several chances to counter attack while Geralt was doing his dumb spins and then the one attack that did not even connect? That it the worst of it all. Not hitting an enemy, because you did not have any control over what animation will he choose. That can ruins a boss fight on higher difficulty and make you repeat the whole thing. Not being able to maintain the stunlock combo.

Are you guys really fine with how the combat mechanics work in Witcher games? Do you care more about grass and water shaders to be absolutely blind to this glaring dent in the series? Why would the lead gameplay designer have it like this? Is he ignorant, or does he care only about a visual flare like everybody else?

Is this too much thought in one forum post?

R_Deckard

Oh my.....we have descended into grass comparison and Downgrade central now for the Witcher 3

Why must ever piece of information, video and shot be compared to some other random, non comparable set of shots from [insert game here] to justify new game superiority or failure.

It is an open world game, looks to be giving High End PC gamers some extra niceties along with a near as damn it PS4 and X1 version that will deliver the same immersive, exhaustive and gorgeous experience for all across PC and Console, who the hell cares about the grass!?!

aravuus

Seriously, this is incredible.
And here I was on page 5 thinking that there was nothing more pointless than trying to compare open-world map sizes.

I can't even imagine if this game was also a platform exclusive :')

I'm expecting to see a "Witcher 3 grass comparison |OT| our grass is less billboard-y than your grass" thread on the front page soon

dlauv

The combat seems about as punishing as Witcher 2's but much smoother, and more fun to play with and control. It doesn't look at all Souls-tier, but Souls isn't terribly fun to watch either and actually DS looks downright janky when it comes to animation canceling. That's because it is, but it's still fun as all hell.

It's one of those things that you have to wait to play to see if it feels right. Some games don't have great visual feedback when it comes to attacking, and instead rely on the rumble of the controller, or sound.

In Hard and Insane, Witcher 2 felt just right in the combat department, especially after a few points in the swordsman tree. Before that point and neglecting swordsman, it felt pretty archaic and punishing. Any improvement over Witcher 2 is fine by me.

Weighing in on the grass, which is extremely important to me as an individual
:p
: DA:I seems to have better foliage in general, but it's also more stylized when it comes to bigger foliage. Keanu posted a blurry desert shot to prove it looks like paper, but with the SSAO it actually doesn't look like paper to me. Witcher 3 on ultra looks fine and much of the chunkiness seems to have given way to individual leaf sprites, but that chunky paper aesthetic is really distracting.

I think it's more consistent than you may think. I suspect all the light attacks have the same duration and all the heavy attacks have the duration. It may seem different with all the pirouettes and stuff, but I think if you time it it will be the same, with Geralt moving faster the sword than usual when he does a pirouette to compensate the extra initial animation.

TLDR: longer animations are faster, so in the end all the attack animations should be the same: sword hit in 0.25 secs (or whatever)

Welp. Just bought the game + expansion pack on steam. Anyone know when they're gonna let people preload?

REALLY really debating on picking up an i7 4970k to replace my locked i5 3570. Only thing holding me back is the hassle of reinstalling every thing again.

SaberEdge

I already have! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=159667243

But grass conversation was already started here too.

The problem with that shot is that it is nowhere near the resolution of the other image I compared with fairly, and you chose that low quality source to zoom with a total loss of detail.

And then I post W3 bullshots (4K from CDPR themselves) up against actual consumer release shots of Dragon Age, yet you suggest DAI is the bullshot and W3 screens didn't get a fair shake?

You make illustrated comparisons and outright denials of other posters' impressions to many, many comments in W3 threads that have disappointments or critiques regarding W3 visuals they are showing us.

We're supposed to be judging the game and its visuals. That's what they talk about Ultra and resolutions for, and then blast out tons of images and videos that often don't advertise new content.

You obviously don't get the point. DAI has been out for months and people have had time to selectively choose all the best looking areas from the game and take really good screenshots of those areas. Of course a game we've mostly only had low quality internet videos of is at a serious disadvantage. And most of the best official screenshots will just be rejected by people like you anyway.

Also, I don't see how you being negative and constantly nitpicking this game is somehow superior. I'd rather be positive about a game in a thread about that game. You don't see me in Bloodborne threads nitpicking the game and telling people everything that isn't good about it. I could do that with any game, but what's the point? If I'm in a thread talking about a game it's because I'm generally excited about it. That doesn't mean I won't have certain criticisms, but I just don't get the point of spending a majority of your time trying to downplay a game and nitpick it in any way you can.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm not too worried about the combat given impressions have been unanimously positive and, while it does have some oddities like Geralt's animations, also seems to be a massive improvement over The Witcher 2.

Animation/motion unpredictability was only a small part of the problem with The Witcher 2. The targeting system dictating hit detection and slow responsiveness of movement, rolls, and defending were also massive issues. As were the terrible animation feedback of enemy attacks, leading you to taking damage when it didn't seem like you were hit.

To be fair, The Witcher 3 seems to have a lot more in common with the Batman series than something like Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls, where it's still based around targeting opponents but the hit feedback and responsiveness of your moves is fast and satisfying. I think treating it like a game it isn't is just setting yourself up for unfair disappointment.

misho8723

Banned
I have some thoughts about the "gameplay" as is even in the game of the thread. Something a bit different than comparing foiliage.

Do you guys have no opinions about the combat? While it seems better (almost anything is when compared to W2 in my opinion) it seems to have the same foundations and animation chaining systems. You really don't have enough control over the attack Geralt uses, which is an absolute misunderstanding of how should combat work in such a action oriented combat. It was fine for W1 as the combat was not based on the played hitting the buttons to get attacks, but they seem to continue in this way all the way to this game.

What you need in a game like this is readability and consistency in the character's moveset, frame data and hitboxes. When I push an attack button in a Witcher game (meaning 2 and as e can tell 3 as well) Geralt choses one of maybe 4 actual different attacks with different speeds, sometimes even does a pirouette before making contact with his sword. This is a really bad decision. Yes, it looks good, the animation look and feel much better, but in terms of controlling your character, you can't have it like this.

Imagine a standart combat scenario. I wait for the enemy to attack, dodge the attack and want to use his recovery against him. I push a button and don't know what animation will I get. Am I going to push out a fast attack and be able to stunlock my enemy to a short combo? Or will Geralt randomly choose to do 2 spins before hitting, which gives my foe time to recover to block or maybe attack as well? This would never happen in games like Dragon's Dogma, where the combat fundamentals are so impeccable, you never run into any scenario, where you don't know what will your character do upon hitting a button. Take some god damn advice from character action games about how how the animation chaining and starting should work. Slower paced and stripped down character action combat is what these games have anyway without really realizing it.

Look at 06:20 of Gopher's video. The enemy has several chances to counter attack while Geralt was doing his dumb spins and then the one attack that did not even connect? That it the worst of it all. Not hitting an enemy, because you did not have any control over what animation will he choose. That can ruins a boss fight on higher difficulty and make you repeat the whole thing. Not being able to maintain the stunlock combo.

Are you guys really fine with how the combat mechanics work in Witcher games? Do you care more about grass and water shaders to be absolutely blind to this glaring dent in the series? Why would the lead gameplay designer have it like this? Is he ignorant, or does he care only about a visual flare like everybody else?

Well, I haven't had almost no problems with the combat system in TW2, so what I see from TW3 in this regard is even better than before, so I'm really looking to fight against all kinds of nasty beasts :).. I understand what you're saying, but as I said, as RPG games go, TW series has the second best combat that I have ever played..Souls series has better, but that is a different kind of RPG.. and I have never played Dragon's Dogma

I see some clipping and such in the new videos, but I guess when you have a big flying monster like that Griffin, then there isn't any other way of getting around that.. but the fights against humans and humanoid monsters looks really satisfying, fast, brutal and fluid..

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm not too worried about the combat given impressions have been unanimously positive and, while it does have some oddities like Geralt's animations, also seems to be a massive improvement over The Witcher 2.

Animation/motion unpredictability was only a small part of the problem with The Witcher 2. The targeting system dictating hit detection and slow responsiveness of movement, rolls, and defending were also massive issues. As were the terrible animation feedback of enemy attacks, leading you to taking damage when it didn't seem like you were hit.

To be fair, The Witcher 3 seems to have a lot more in common with the Batman series than something like Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls, where it's still based around targeting opponents but the hit feedback and responsiveness of your moves is fast and satisfying. I think treating it like a game it isn't is just setting yourself up for unfair disappointment.
Yep.

Shadow of Mordor's sword combat would be the closest fantasy equivalent.

tuxfool

Banned
Look, I'm not saying DAI is a bad looking game. Actually, it's a really great looking game. I think it's one of the better looking games on PC. I just think a few of you are really downplaying The Witcher 3's foliage and somewhat overhyping other games' foliage.

Nobody here is arguing anything about the looks of the game in general. I just disputed your claim that the foliage in W3 is better than DA:I, and pointed out the examples you used are terrible, compressed and blurry images.

*shrug* I just made a statement as I felt the point was arguable.

aravuus

Good to see people who agree with me on TW2's combat seem to be liking TW3's. Combat is really the only thing I'm still a bit concerned about, TW2's was all kinds of unfun

Tovarisc

Bold move Cotton, to talk about gameplay, lets see how this payouts for you.

I think attacks of Geralt are normalised. Fast attack takes X seconds and heavy attack takes Y seconds no matter of used animation. Animation sets, fast slashes and pirouettes flowed by slash, can make combat look inconsistent and awkward/RNG. I just started to play Witcher 2 after quite long time, but routine of "Attacks into opening and dodge out of the way" came back really quickly.

I think it's how CDPR has visioned Witcher combat to be. You learn attack patterns of enemy and then use opening to get mix of hits in before dodging away so enemy doesn't strike back. I don't think that something like long stunlock combos would fit Witcher combat so well as it would be so much more "Hack 'n Slash" where Witcher basically "dance" as they fight with swords. Quick movements and strikes that can be showy.

I think we need hands on with Witcher 3 to really see how organic battle is, attacks coupled in with dodges, but devs have promised combat to be more command responsive and less animation bound than it's in Witcher 2. To me personally Witcher 3's combat looks like improvement over Witcher 2 and something that I will like.

Yep.

Shadow of Mordor's sword combat would be the closest fantasy equivalent.

And it's just Batman's combat with sword instead of fists, at least when judging from lets plays and streams.

Edit: I don't see Witcher 3 combat being same/similar to Batman

tuxfool

Banned
Welp. Just bought the game + expansion pack on steam. Anyone know when they're gonna let people preload?

REALLY really debating on picking up an i7 4970k to replace my locked i5 3570. Only thing holding me back is the hassle of reinstalling every thing again.

Just replace the CPU? You shouldn't need to reinstall anything.

Qassim

Why would you need to reinstall everything again?

The cat's out of the bag now CDPR ... you should just release the game a fortnight early now ..

19th May is the same day my exams finish .. can't ploughing wait!!

Daverid

I think it's how CDPR has visioned Witcher combat to be. You learn attack patterns of enemy and then use opening to get mix of hits in before dodging away so enemy doesn't strike back. I don't think that something like long stunlock combos would fit Witcher combat so well as it would be so much more "Hack 'n Slash" where Witcher basically "dance" as they fight with swords. Quick movements and strikes that can be showy.

Very well said, this is essentially how I've been playing The Witcher 2 since like my first replay of the game, and The Witcher 3 seems to be following suit but with even more impressive animations and a higher level of fluidity/responsiveness.

When I'm playing The Witcher 2, fighting say a group of 5 Nekker's, I'm always eyeing off every enemy, watching their movements, dodging and then when I know I'm clean for an attack, I strike, move, strike.
What I'm liking about TW3 from the footage, is how you don't have to rely solely on a roll to do that, and rather than there only being one movement speed in combat (Run), you get that focused walk Geralt does. It just makes it seem so much more personal and every enemy is like a dance, waiting for that perfect moment, dancing in, slashing a few times and dancing out.

I understand why people take issue with the combat system in TW2 (And are very skeptical about TW3), but I personally found it great and very "Witcher-esque" (While still being mechanically sound) and TW3 seems to be nothing but improvements.

SaberEdge

Nobody here is arguing anything about the looks of the game in general. I just disputed your claim that the foliage in W3 is better than DA:I, and pointed out the examples you used are terrible compressed and blurry images.

I know. Certain people keep saying the foliage looks like crap and I'm simply saying, "compared to what?"

I showed grass from AC Unity, Infamous Second Son and Dragon Age Inquisition, since those are the other best looking open world games available right now. I think the foliage in The Witcher 3 is more impressive overall than in any of those three games. That's my opinion based on owning those three games and seeing a decent amount of footage of The Witcher 3.

The first screenshots I posted were all screenshots from gamespot and most of them were bullshots. I don't know what more you could want.

dlauv

It really looks less close to Batman than Witcher 2 did. Light attacks don't really seem to have the homing properties they used to, as far as I can tell, so you can't fly around the battlefield like before. Maybe there's footage where you can, or maybe they made tracking more realistic looking by making Geralt thrust forward a more reasonable amount.

Not only that, but Batman's feedback was pretty good. Every punch sounded sharp and effective. So it isn't like the W3's weightlessness is exclusive only when comparing the game to DS.

This game seems have gotten closer than ever to becoming its successful own thing (W1 was its own thing, but you know). The comparisons to DS stem mostly from similar subject matter and the punishing difficulty.

Edit:

Edit: I don't see Witcher 3 combat being same/similar to Batman

Yeah, this guy is on the money.

Lulubop

Disappointing that hairworks is extremely demanding, though I'm not super surprised. Hopefully Nvidia will optimize it a bit before release. Otherwise I'm no sacrificing my framerate.

I think it's more consistent than you may think. I suspect all the light attacks have the same duration and all the heavy attacks have the duration. It may seem different with all the pirouettes and stuff, but I think if you time it it will be the same, with Geralt moving faster the sword than usual when he does a pirouette to compensate the extra initial animation.

TLDR: longer animations are faster, so in the end all the attack animations should be the same: sword hit in 0.25 secs (or whatever)

I really don't think so, it seems like the light attacks when close range are the same length and those are the best animations I have seen in this game so far. They seem really reliable and look like they feel really good. The other ones though, with all the spins, they are absolutely not the same length.

At least the close ranged ones seem much better than TW2, so that's something.

Well, I haven't had almost no problems with the combat system in TW2, so what I see from TW3 in this regard is even better than before, so I'm really looking to fight against all kinds of nasty beasts :).. I understand what you're saying, but as I said, as RPG games go, TW series has the second best combat that I have ever played..Souls series has better, but that is a different kind of RPG.. and I have never played Dragon's Dogma

I have had a huge issue with TW2 combat, I felt like I am exploiting the game. There sere several animations with different lengths, take for example the far range light attack where Geralt runs for a bit and then does the little jump followed with a thrust. That is a really long animation. Then I remember vividly one heavy attack variation, from somewhat close range. It was a step forward and fairly quick thrust, but it was a heavy ttack, it did a lot more damage. Sometimes the heavy attack was the faster one in few situations and that should never happen. It should be clear and you should always know what you'll get.

Please play Dragon's Dogma, that is the pinnacle of action rpg combat. Souls series as well like you mentiones is amazing at this. You have a weapon, which has its very clear moveset, you always know what you're working with.

After experiencing those games (plus many japanese games when I think about it) TW is really lacking. Look at the finishers in TW2, precanned animations which take you out of the action, that makes me barf. Like they wanted to include this cool animation, so they build an incredibly clunky system to enable it. Compare it to the parries in Souls games. In fact TW2 had parries as well and they were abyssmal. TW3 seems to be less bad in those regards. I would not say better, but they definitely learned a lot of stuff. The combat roll/dodge seems 100x better than in the previous game.

misho8723

Banned
I really don't think so, it seems like the light attacks when close range are the same length and those are the best animations I have seen in this game so far. They seem really reliable and look like they feel really good. The other ones though, with all the spins, they are absolutely not the same length.

At least the close ranged ones seem much better than TW2, so that's something.

I have had a huge issue with TW2 combat, I felt like I am exploiting the game. There sere several animations with different lengths, take for example the far range light attack where Geralt runs for a bit and then does the little jump followed with a thrust. That is a really long animation. Then I remember vividly one heavy attack variation, from somewhat close range. It was a step forward and fairly quick thrust, but it was a heavy ttack, it did a lot more damage. Sometimes the heavy attack was the faster one in few situations and that should never happen. It should be clear and you should always know what you'll get.

Please play Dragon's Dogma, that is the pinnacle of action rpg combat. Souls series as well like you mentiones is amazing at this. You have a weapon, which has its very clear moveset, you always know what you're working with.

After experiencing those games (plus many japanese games when I think about it) TW is really lacking. Look at the finishers in TW2, precanned animations which take you out of the action, that makes me barf. Like they wanted to include this cool animation, so they build an incredibly clunky system to enable it. Compare it to the parries in Souls games. In fact TW2 had parries as well and they were abyssmal. TW3 seems to be less bad in those regards. I would not say better, but they definitely learned a lot of stuff. The combat roll/dodge seems 100x better than in the previous game.

Well, unfortunately I'm a PC player, so there's a really big chance that I never going to play Dragon's Dogma.. and even though Souls series has the best combat in action RPG's that I have ever played, it isn't always without it's own problems.. but I really liked the combat in TW2, played many hours only in the arena mode - even after Souls games.. different systems, different styles, but both of them were fun.. I wished that TW2 had more opportunities to fight :) - many of the quests could be completed in non-violent way, and I'm that type of gamer who, when he has the chance, I take always the non-violent option, but I just wanted more quests were there would be no other option just to slash my way through :)

The major problem with the combat in TW2 for me was just the high effectiveness of rolling.. the option of not using it wasn't the resolution of the problem.. but now in TW3 dodges seems like the way to go - like in the books - and rolling isn't as a powerful option like before.. and animations and so are looking to be way improved too, so I really looking forward to the combat system in TW3

Are all or at least most buildings enterable? Like in Novegrad and I see all those buildings on the map, can I go in all or most of them or are they just locked doors.

Well, unfortunately I'm a PC player, so there's a really big chance that I never going to play Dragon's Dogma.. and even though Souls series has the best combat in action RPG's that I have ever played, it isn't always without it's own problems.. but I really liked the combat in TW2, played many hours only in the arena mode - even after Souls games.. different systems, different styles, but both of them were fun.. I wished that TW2 had more opportunities to fight :) - many of the quests could be completed in non-violent way, and I'm that type of gamer who, when he has the chance, I take always the non-violent option, but I just wanted more quests were there would be no other option just to slash my way through :)

The major problem with the combat in TW2 for me was just the high effectiveness of rolling.. the option of not using it wasn't the resolution of the problem.. but now in TW3 dodges seems like the way to go - like in the books - and rolling isn't as a powerful option like before.. and animations and so are looking to be way improved too, so I really looking forward to the combat system in TW3

Well that makes sense, action games with actually great combat on PC are unfortunatelly quite rare. In regards to TW3 roll, it looks much better than TW2, I just hope it has proper i-frames and is not only there to avoid the hitboxes. It would make a big difference. At least we know the distance and speed of the dodge are on point.

Another thing is the targeting system - again - really clunky in TW2, I could not get a feel for it from the videos, if it requires careful movement from the camera and gets in the way, or if it's snappy and fast just like in Souls.

erawsd

I think the short answer is that we don't really know what we are looking at. Fast and heavy attacks are still in the game but there are also now "hold" states for each. So the more elaborate animations could totally be tied to holding the button a bit longer. So, its almost impossible to sit back and judge whether players have enough control over Geralt without being a bit more familiar with the nuisance at play. And its especially unfair to try and compare it to games we are intimately familiar with.

What I can tell you is that this system does still share a foundation with TW2. "On paper" it appears that they've attempted to address every issue that people had with the previous system (animations, roll, qtes, potions, lock on, parry) while also introducing some additional depth; and its very easy to see all of that at play. Based on impressions we've gotten so far, it sounds like most people are happy with it and they've commented on how much more responsive and fluid it is compared with the previous game.

I think the short answer is that we don't really know what we are looking at. Fast and heavy attacks are still in the game but there are also now "hold" states for each. So the more elaborate animations could totally be tied to holding the button a bit longer. So, its almost impossible to sit back and judge whether players have enough control over Geralt without being a bit more familiar with the nuisance at play. And its especially unfair to try and compare it to games we are intimately familiar with.

What I can tell you is that this system does still share a foundation with TW2. "On paper" it appears that they've attempted to address every issue that people had with the previous system (animations, roll, qtes, potions, lock on, parry) while also introducing some additional depth; and its very easy to see all of that at play. Based on impressions we've gotten so far, it sounds like most people are happy with it and they've commented on how much more responsive and fluid it is compared with the previous game.

I really hope you're right, because this lack of control was the biggest problem of TW2 for me. If holding the attack button equals a longer animation and possible more damabe, that would be actually great! I was looking for somebody to shine thins kind of light on it. We shall see relatively soon.

Tovarisc

Well that makes sense, action games with actually great combat on PC are unfortunatelly quite rare. In regards to TW3 roll, it looks much better than TW2, I just hope it has proper i-frames and is not only there to avoid the hitboxes. It would make a big difference. At least we know the distance and speed of the dodge are on point.

Another thing is the targeting system - again - really clunky in TW2, I could not get a feel for it from the videos, if it requires careful movement from the camera and gets in the way, or if it's snappy and fast just like in Souls.

Why it should / needs to have i-frames?

misho8723

Banned
New screens:
11182653_10152932101774331_393312866049830186_o.jpg

11174685_10152932101449331_2385490859025011617_o.jpg

11174543_10152932101694331_6198146916857777536_o.jpg

Glass

Can't wait for more non-Youtube videos, that quality compression is killer.

Just listened to some of Witcher 3's music, got me hyped as hell.

Why it should / needs to have i-frames?

Well, it doesn't need them, it is just my personal preference, I like my dodges to have a few. It also helps with bad hitboxes, which plague many games. I probably should have stated this in the previous post, it is not a general rule of course, just my taste and opinion.

One thing I'd like to see in games more often, especially open-world games, are menus being incorporated physically into the game-world itself. It would be cool if Geralt actually equipped a map/compass, or equipped a journal with your objectives listed instead of having to pause the game. I'm mainly thinking about people who like to play with zero HUD here (such as myself). It would be a really cool and non-immersion breaking way to do it imo.

cresto

If you really look, you can almost make out some gameplay beneath all of that HUD. :p

There is a ton of stuff going on there, you're right. I am glad its all off on the sides though. I hate hate hate when they put up hud elements in the middle of the screen ala call of duty points. This doesn't bother me all that much.

Kinthalis

Banned
Invincibility frames on the animation. It is not the most elegant name, but wide spread. If you have a better term for it, I would gladly use it instead.

Ahh, I'm just not fmailair with the term is all ;) I thought you were tlkaign about interpolaiton frames, which wasn't making sense to me.

There is a ton of stuff going on there, you're right. I am glad its all off on the sides though. I hate hate hate when they put up hud elements in the middle of the screen ala call of duty points. This doesn't bother me all that much.

Watchdog's HUD was awful. Look at the positioning of the mini-map.

HUD.jpg

Why?

So is there an embargo on when they can upload the second parts to videos? I assumed we'd have a lot more videos coming out after the first ones this morning but it seems pretty dry after that.
AFAIK they have a limit of ~45 min of Witcher 3 footage. Gopher just chose to spread it out more. I don't know whether that's because of more ad revenue and/or more time needed for editing.
It's really hard to make out, but the earth elemental looks like it might be level 22, and Geralt is level 12.
It's not level 22, it's level "??"

https://youtu.be/ALGJGDRnHT0?t=14m55s

Lunar15

HUD's awful, but at least I can customize it. Definitely going to turn off the attack button guide (I mean, really?) and the item list at the bottom left. If I can shrink the health meter, I'll do so as well. Depending on how well the missions are laid out, I'll probably turn off the quest notifier. I hope to god we can turn that off. I remember seeing "Find Triss Merigold" being in the top right corner of my screen for 75% of the game.

Top Bottom