• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 PC recommended specs run game at 30fps - reddit

Recommended is never 'maxed' out.

I'm not convinced you'll get 60 fps with a GTX980 at 1080p/ultra/maxed out, wel'll see. Witcher 2 rekt PCs.

You won't.

Game was demonstrated on i7 4790k+gtx 980 and the settings were set to high with no nvidia fur and they had drops to below 30 fps according to Polish journalists.

Not surprising in the least. Only people who'll find it controversial really are the 60 fps or bust minority. Well, that and the people with non-recommended builds and don't want to lower the visual elements, but that lesson should have been learned with the Witcher 2.

pa22word

With a PC game, honestly, who cares?

If I want a more fluid framerate than 30fps I will adjust specs to compensate, just like I did on my 5870 back with The Witcher 2.

Wait.

It will have the same models, textures, and everything across all versions?

And yet the PC version has those specs? I mean my god of recommended is that high at only 30fps I probably can't even run this max settings with a 780ti, and this will be the first game EVER to do that.

So how in the hell does something that looks the same as the PS4 version and will also be 1080p require such high settings?

WTF CDProjekt Red?

Rafterman

Banned
Something in your pc is wrong. I got a 290 and I played Witcher 2 at 1440p max settings 60fps.

No, there isn't and no, you don't.

If you mean uber sampling then I had that turned off. At 1440p I would get 45fps. I could of went down to 1080p with Uber on and gotten 60fps. 780 is more than enough to do the same.

Well, there you go. Not max'd.

A 780 with ubersampling will get around 40 fps at 1080p

Soi-Fong

Wait.

It will have the same models, textures, and everything across all versions?

And yet the PC version has those specs? I mean my god of recommended is that high at only 30fps I probably can't even run this max settings with a 780ti, and this will be the first game EVER to do that.

So how in the hell does something that looks the same as the PS4 version and will also be 1080p require such high settings?

WTF CDProjekt Red?

I'm prepared for my 780 Ti to get wrecked... Gahdamn...

UnrealEck

"I think, we'll stick with 30 FPS." - Doesn't mean 30 FPS. Could be anything between 30 and 60.
"We're not going to stop working on performance until the very end"
"As I mentioned before, It can only get better." - Not only is touching up performance done later and in future patches, we have driver updates too.

Doesn't mention what settings are used in this scenario.

Mechazawa

This if the first I've ever heard of Witcher 2 saves affecting 3.

Guess I better hurry the fuck up with my playthrough.

I'm prepared for my 780 Ti to get wrecked... Gahdamn...

The thing is though is it SHOULD NOT in any way shape or form if their statement about all versions utilizing the same assets is true. It make zero sense.

They are either lying, its mistranslated, or something very bizarre is going on.

bj00rn_

Banned
Gaf is weird sometimes.. Not sure I understand the angle. When has recommended specs ever stated 60fps in an open world RPG PC game like this? You can tweak it to 60fps if you want and if you have the power. Or do people mean that the game is locked to 30 fps? I don't get it.

Qassim

Stupid question: are the physics/timesteps tuned to 30fps? (e.g. DS1, DR3, TEW)

I don't even have any evidence for this but I'd be willing to say absolutely not. It's not something a half-decent PC developer would do, and this is CDPR we're talking about.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I guess I'll be turning down some options then. If it just won't run well, or the game becomes too ugly with so many option dialed down, then I'll wait and play it when I have better hardware. Because there's no chance I'm playing a game on PC at 30 FPS ever again. It may be fine for some people, but definitely not for me.

Instro

Mildly confused how they have a 770 and a 290 as recommended when they are not at all equivalents. Poorly optimized on AMD stuff I guess, and/or drivers. Otherwise that seems reasonable, recommended specs are typically not going to max out a game at 60 fps.

HeelPower

You won't.

Game was demonstrated on i7 4790k+gtx 980 and the settings were set to high with no nvidia fur and they had drops to below 30 fps according to Polish journalists.

so how the shit is this supposed to be playable on consoles ? lol

consoles are comparable to low settings then ? V;

Nokterian

30fps on pc?

ejaNTVE.jpg

Alastor

I don't know if this is news, but W3 will also get an ubersampling option, just not around release. Some time later. They're afraid it will kill current PC's, like with W2.

I don't know if this is news, but W3 will also get an ubersampling option, just not around release. Some time later. They're afraid it will kill current PC's, like with W2.

I think people will ended up using SweetFX/SMAA, which is way more performance friendly.

But how ? Wouldn't a PC on the recommended settings be considerably better than the consoles ?

Is this a 'coding to the metal' kind of advantage ?

No idea lol.
I think recommended settings on PC is not for all ultra settings.

So 24ish then on average.

I'm fucked.

But how ? Wouldn't a PC on the recommended settings be considerably better than the consoles ?

I know this is joked about a lot but optimization to a set spec does yield good results.

Kaze2212

Mildly confused how they have a 770 and a 290 as recommended when they are not at all equivalents. Poorly optimized on AMD stuff I guess, and/or drivers. Otherwise that seems reasonable, recommended specs are typically not going to max out a game at 60 fps.

I'm no expert on PC specs, so maybe it is possible that the reccomended specs consider nvidia's hair works enabled, so that it needs more processing power from AMD cards? (Don't know if you can even get hair works to run on AMD hardware, like I said im no expert on this subject.)

sgs2008

780 ti sli playing at 1440p no idea what kind of settings will be doable for me. Hoping some new gpus come out before mayy

HeelPower

I know this is joked about a lot but optimization to a set spec does yield good results.

I don't pretend to know a lot about optimization or technical aspects of games,but this has to be a prime example of the advantage of optimization to a set spec.

I guess Consoles is the best way to play TW3 if you can't afford a giant PC(in order to reap the benefits of PC gaming)

I'm no expert on PC specs, so maybe it is possible that the reccomended specs consider nvidia's hair works enabled, so that it needs more processing power from AMD cards? (Don't know if you can even get hair works to run on AMD hardware, like I said im no expert on this subject.)

I don't really remember, but apparently NVidia cards can run AMD's TressFX on Tomb Raider.

Qassim

How about we wait until it comes out and see before we make judgements. This happens *all the time*, some bit of information comes out, an off comment here and there, and the entire internet freaks out - often for no good reason.

Skux

How in the year of our lord, 2 thousand and 15, does a game with those recommended specs target only 30fps, with the same settings as the consoles? I find this incredibly hard to believe, I hope they do indeed optimize it but god damn.

Recommended has never been 1080p60. It's the minimum hardware required to play the game acceptably. And 1080p30 is acceptable to play on.

samar11

Any expert like to tell me what kind of fps I will get with this hardware?

GTX 970 4GIG
Intel Core i7-5930k@3.5GHZ
16 GIG RAM

THanks

It makes no sense. At all.

How in the hell is the recommended spec for 1080p 30fps with the same quality as a PS4 have those for the PC specs. How?

I was hoping they would push PC. I was hoping the game would wreck my 780ti. But why on earth is it supposed to be "crippling my PC' as CDProjekt Red have stated with console level graphics?

Stupid question: are the physics/timesteps tuned to 30fps? (e.g. DS1, DR3, TEW)

We don't know, but have no reason to assume there will be any problems like that. Past games in the series have not.

Just gonna echo my post from the other thread

Wait for the benches.

guess im going to be playing it at 10fps then in that case

Wait for the benches.

Welp, I guess it's time I upgraded. I have a 670. In the meantime, I'll be getting this on PS4.

Wait for the benches.

It makes no sense. At all.

How in the hell is the recommended spec for 1080p 30fps with the same quality as a PS4 have those for the PC specs. How?

I was hoping they would push PC. I was hoping the game would wreck my 780ti. But why on earth is it supposed to be "crippling my PC' as CDProjekt Red have stated with console level graphics?

Wait for the benches.

30fps on pc?

ejaNTVE.jpg

Wait for the benches.

Drazgul

Recommended specs always lie, anyway. Was there ever a game where the recommended specs meant you could comfortably max out the settings?

Top Bottom