• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the New 3DS XL announced for the US, let's talk transfers

I just swapped all my data from my 3DS's SD card to the new larger and faster microSD and put that new card on the 3DS using an adapter.

From what I understand, all I need to do at that point is to go to my local EBgames next week, pick up my n3DS, and while in the store do the "copy to PC" transfer method, swap cards between the systems, and trade in my old 3DS for credit?

I don't think you even need a NNID attached to a 3DS if you're not doing online stuff?
On a 3DS you need an NNID to use Miiverse (lol) and download free software such as demos, f2p games and youtube (
because Miiverse isn't a good enough reason to cripple your 3DS by destroying the resale value of its digital library and locking you into a single eShop
). Luckily, software patches don't require an NNID.

the hell? did it give coins in australia and japan?
No. Which should have been the first sign that something was up with Club Nintendo...(even if they just did spin it off as "well no more hardware form now on...what do mean NOE just printed a load of game slips with expires 31/03/15 written on them?"

Dalek

I just swapped all my data from my 3DS's SD card to the new larger and faster microSD and put that new card on the 3DS using an adapter.

From what I understand, all I need to do at that point is to go to my local EBgames next week, pick up my n3DS, and while in the store do the "copy to PC" transfer method, swap cards between the systems, and trade in my old 3DS for credit?

I need the answer to this too please!

kubus

I need the answer to this too please!

From Nintendo's official transfer guide:

At a certain point during the transfer process, you will be asked the question “Are you using an SD card or miniSD card with your system?"
If you are already using a microSD card (via an SD card adapter) in your source system, please choose “No". After the transfer is complete, you can simply remove the microSD card from the adapter and insert it into the target New Nintendo 3DS system.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Yes.

One point though- don't forget the original SD card from your old 3DS, you'll need to put that back in when you trade it in

Grok4Spock

Yes.

One point though- don't forget the original SD card from your old 3DS, you'll need to put that back in when you trade it in
GameStop doesn't require the SD card, only the stylus and the AC adaptor. If you trade in the SD card they will give a dollar or two for it as a separate accessory.

Yes.

Does it have to be the exact one that came in the box or can it just be whatever was the last normal SD card on the 3DS? Will they even check for it? I'm already sweating that they won't take my 3DS since the serial label fell off it. I still have the system's packaging, though. Box has it's serial on it.

mjc

So am I correct in assuming that the only thing I lose if I transfer my data via computer is my NNID? And I can call Nintendo to transfer that after the fact?

(I.E. SD card to computer, copy files, put files into new Micro SD card?)

Ok so here is my question..My Nintendo 3DS XL has 4GB of memory currently..I have a bunch of virtual console games..I am going to trade in the system next week to gamestop for the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL(I am going to pre order the system tomorrow) I want to take the new system and put in a 16gb microsd card into it..so Im not sure if I buy the microsd card now if gamestop will open the latch of the new system and pop it in for me(Do I need to format the microsd card BEFORE bringing it to the store?) then I can do the system transfer in store..but Im concerned if what if gamestop doesnt want to open up the system for me, what should I do then? I dont mind redownloading the virtual console games I already have but I still want to transfer some of the stuff over(Like streetpass, etc) so any suggestions I would really appreciate
Also..this is the microsd card I plan on purchasing for the new 3ds xl is this one OK
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55C0LK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just got back from Gamestop to try and clear any confusion I had about being able to transfer at the store somehow and trading in. Girl helping me didn't even know if I would be able to get the $100 credit if I traded in on release day but I just checked the site and it says the offer is up until the 15th.

Can anyone who works at Gamestop help clear this up?

Not entirely sure what the transfer process will be once I go pick up the new system.

Can I just put my current micro sd into the new system and just choose the second transfer option? I dont care about transfering all my games, I would rather it be clean. I just want my licenses and saves pretty much.

Corgi

Banned
Just got back from Gamestop to try and clear any confusion I had about being able to transfer at the store somehow and trading in. Girl helping me didn't even know if I would be able to get the $100 credit if I traded in on release day but I just checked the site and it says the offer is up until the 15th.

Can anyone who works at Gamestop help clear this up?

Not entirely sure what the transfer process will be once I go pick up the new system.

Can I just put my current micro sd into the new system and just choose the second transfer option? I dont care about transfering all my games, I would rather it be clean. I just want my licenses and saves pretty much.

called the local one and the manager said there will be a manager meeting about this sometime before the release date.

So am I correct in assuming that the only thing I lose if I transfer my data via computer is my NNID? And I can call Nintendo to transfer that after the fact?

(I.E. SD card to computer, copy files, put files into new Micro SD card?)

You mean without doing a 3DS - N3DS system transfer? I don't think that will work. Files are encrypted to the SD card/console so if you just switch them to a new console, even if you get Nintendo to transfer your NNID, the files would be unusable. You'd be able to redownload your games but save files and stuff like that would be lost. At least that's how I understand it works.

Doombear

Ok so here is my question..My Nintendo 3DS XL has 4GB of memory currently..I have a bunch of virtual console games..I am going to trade in the system next week to gamestop for the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL(I am going to pre order the system tomorrow) I want to take the new system and put in a 16gb microsd card into it..so Im not sure if I buy the microsd card now if gamestop will open the latch of the new system and pop it in for me(Do I need to format the microsd card BEFORE bringing it to the store?) then I can do the system transfer in store..but Im concerned if what if gamestop doesnt want to open up the system for me, what should I do then? I dont mind redownloading the virtual console games I already have but I still want to transfer some of the stuff over(Like streetpass, etc) so any suggestions I would really appreciate
Also..this is the microsd card I plan on purchasing for the new 3ds xl is this one OK

You are paying for the new console right? I would hope they have no issues with what you do with it in that case. I get what you are saying though, they could be very particular about what happens before and after the actual trade in when you are there.

To clarify, if you are getting a 16GB MicroSD beforehand, then it is in your absolute best interest to get one with an SD adapter like this ...

Uct00F2.jpg

... then just transfer the 4GBs of data you have on your current SD Card to PC, then from PC to your MicroSD and pop it in the adapter and back into your current 3DS. Then at the store you will simply choose No at "Do you have an SD or MiniSD Card - NO" (indicating you are using a MicroSD in your old 3DS. You then transfer over system files, and once complete you will be prompted to take the Micro SD/Adapter out of your old 3DS (and take the MicroSD card from the adapter obviously), turn off the n3DS (and take out the 4GB micro that comes with it), place your 16GB MicroSD into the n3DS, power it on and you are pretty much done.

Also, you shouldn't need to format your 16GB if it is FAT32 file format, which it should be. Also also, if you plan on tranferring via wi-fi in store... it can take hours for 4GBs of data. Hours.

Corgi

Banned
You are paying for the new console right? I would hope they have no issues with what you do with it in that case. I get what you are saying though, they could be very particular about what happens before and after the actual trade in when you are there.

To clarify, if you are getting a 16GB microSD beforehand, then it is in your absolute best interest to get one with an SD adapter like this ...

... then just transfer the 4GBs of data you have on your current SD Card to PC, then from PC to your MicroSD and pop it in the adapter and back into your current 3DS. Then at the store you will simply choose "Transfer via PC" + "Do you have an SD or Mini SD Card - NO" (indicating you are using a Micro SD in your old 3DS". You then transfer over system files, and once complete you will be prompted to remove take the microSD/Adapter out of your old 3DS, turn off the n3DS (and take out the 4GB micro that comes with it), place your 16GB MicroSD into the n3DS, power it on and you are done.

Also, you shouldn't need to format your 16GB if it is FAT32 file format, which it should be. Also also, if you plan on tranferring via wi-fi in store... it can take hours for 4GBs of data. Hours.

im tired after work... but i have no clue what means what for that option lol. Jesus they make these things needlessly complicated.

going from a vita 1k to vita 2k was super easy :(

edit: wait nevermind. minisd.

fuck.

To clarify, if you are getting a 16GB microSD beforehand, then it is in your absolute best interest to get one with an SD adapter like this ...

... then just transfer the 4GBs of data you have on your current SD Card to PC, then from PC to your MicroSD and pop it in the adapter and back into your current 3DS. Then at the store you will simply choose "Transfer via PC" + "Do you have an SD or Mini SD Card - NO" (indicating you are using a Micro SD in your old 3DS". You then transfer over system files, and once complete you will be prompted to remove take the microSD/Adapter out of your old 3DS, turn off the n3DS (and take out the 4GB micro that comes with it), place your 16GB MicroSD into the n3DS, power it on and you are done.

Ok so let me see if Im understanding what your saying(Sorry for the confusion Im new at this) I should take out the SD Card that I have right now in my 3DS XL(I have an adapter in my PC so the adapter thing isnt necessary even though I DO have it) I take those files..put it on my PC then when I get to the store, bring them the new 16gb microsd card, ask them to open the new 3ds xl and pop it in for me once the "Transfer via pc" and it will transfer just the basic files over to the new system..I put in the new card, come home and redownload all of the virtual console games that should already be on file that I own(Otherwise I Can call nintendo)..and yeah Im paying for the new console..tomorrow Im going to the store to put 50 bucks down on the red one..cause the store told me that by preordering Im guaranteed one otherwise Id just go on the 13th, I hate going twice but what can I do)

Doombear

im tired after work... but i have no clue what means what for that option lol. Jesus they make these things needlessly complicated.

going from a vita 1k to vita 2k was super easy :(

edit: wait nevermind. minisd.

fuck.

I couldn't agree more. Stupidly complicated because of the account structure or lack thereof. FYI, I only mentioned MiniSD because of this:

If you using a MicroSD in an adapter (this very second in your old 3DS or 3DS XL), you choose "No" at that point, letting it know that you will simply be swapping Micros AFTER the system transfer portion is complete (NNID, F List, settings, DSiWare, etc.). Then you will do the system transfer, then you are pretty much done after following the rest of the instructions. You will eventually be told you can now place take your microSD out of your old 3DS and put into your n3DS (after turning both off).

Ok so let me see if Im understanding what your saying(Sorry for the confusion Im new at this) I should take out the SD Card that I have right now in my 3DS XL(I have an adapter in my PC so the adapter thing isnt necessary even though I DO have it) I take those files..put it on my PC then when I get to the store, bring them the new 16gb microsd card, ask them to open the new 3ds xl and pop it in for me once the "Transfer via pc" and it will transfer just the basic files over to the new system..I put in the new card, come home and redownload all of the virtual console games that should already be on file that I own(Otherwise I Can call nintendo)

You are missing one vital step Lakerchick. If you have the adapter I posted an image of, then right now you should:

- take your SD card out of your 3DS
- put that in your computer, copy the files on it to your PC
- put your 16GB MicroSD into the adapter and then into your PC
- copy the files (that you just copied from your SD card to your PC) onto your clean, new MicroSD
- put the MicroSD (still in the SD Adapter) into your 3DS.

Now you are using your 16GB micro in your current 3DS and everything is the same as it ever was.

When you get to GameStop, you will simply choose "NO" here:

and then a follow the prompts to transfer system files. Then you will eventually be told you can power down both systems and swap your microSD from your old 3DS to your n3DS.

Reallink

Don't the firmware versions have to match before it'll let you do a system transfer? So if your current 3DS is on 9.5 and the N3DS ships with 9.0, you're going to have to update one or both consoles while standing in the store somehow?

Doombear

Don't the firmware versions have to match before it'll let you do a system transfer? So if your current 3DS is on 9.5 and the N3DS ships with 9.0, you're going to have to update one or both consoles while standing in the store somehow?

Yes. You will have to be on the latest firmware. Additionally, to be able to do any of the three types of transfers AT ALL you will need a wi-fi connection (as your console will need to perform a check online to see if a System Transfer has been done on that NNID in the last 7 days). So any kind of in-store transfer will be entirely at the mercy of whether you can get connected. Either via GS wifi, or a mobile tether.

I couldn't agree more. Stupidly complicated because of the account structure or lack thereof. FYI, I only mentioned MiniSD because of this:

If you using a MicroSD in an adapter (this very second in your old 3DS or 3DS XL), you choose "No" at that point, letting it know that you will simply be swapping Micros AFTER the system transfer portion is complete (NNID, F List, settings, DSiWare, etc.).

You are missing one vital step Lakerchick. If you have the adapter I posted an image of, then right now you should:

- copy the files (that you just copied from your SD card to your PC) onto your clean, new MicroSD

Now you are using your 16GB micro in your current 3DS and everything is the same as it ever was.

When you get to GameStop, you will simply choose "via PC" here:

and then a few steps later, "No" to the screenshot I posted above!

Transfer via PC only works if you can actually transfer files on the spot (at a Gamestop, not happening unless you ... bring a laptop?) or have already done so prior like I outline above. Transfer via PC assumes you will then be taking the contents of your SD card (digital titles, photos) and moving them yourself to the new card.

All I am doing in my steps above is getting that all out of the way now since it is unlikely you can use that transfer method instore.

You've helped clear things up for me. Thank you! It's not that complicated once you explained it.

-Stick current SD card into computer, copy over the files.
-Get a micro SD with the adapter.
-Transfer files from the PC to micro SD card.
-Stick micro SD card with SD adapter into current 3DS
-On launch day, go to the system transfer setting on both 3DS
-Choose the last option (via PC)
-Choose no when it asks you if you're using a standard SD card (as pictured above).
-Wait for transfer.

Got everything correct I think. And I'm guessing the transfer will mainly transfer your account, licences and saves? So it should be a lot faster than doing the other options.

If you using a MicroSD in an adapter (this very second in your old 3DS or 3DS XL), you choose "No" at that point, letting it know that you will simply be swapping Micros AFTER the system transfer portion is complete (NNID, F List, settings, DSiWare, etc.).

When you get to GameStop, you will simply choose "via PC" here:

Transfer via PC only works if you can actually transfer files on the spot (at a Gamestop, not happening unless you ... bring a laptop?) or have already done so prior like I outline above. Transfer via PC assumes you will then be taking the contents of your SD card (digital titles, photos) and moving them yourself to the new card.

All I am doing in my steps above is getting that all out of the way now since it is unlikely you can use that transfer method instore.

oh I see what you mean..and doing it this way I will assume that gamestop will be able to install the microsd card into my 3ds xl..if they dont then that is a whole other issue right there? so I save the files from my sd card to my PC..get the microsd card(Once I receive it from amazon I assume the one I posted above will work with the new 3ds xl) and put those same files back on the microsd card..I put that card into my OLD 3DS XL..take it to gamestop..take it out of the 3ds xl and put that same card into the new one and do the copy via PC option? Am I getting close in understanding this(LOL this is more confusing than I even imagined) and then when I get home I can install the virtual console games that I already own(I dont mind downloading them again since I have a fast internet connection) the old 3ds xl is being traded in so I assume it will be wiped clean before I leave and I can just put in the NNID once the copy via pc is done

I have the original 3ds ambassador games as well as Pokemon X on my og 3ds. I've just selected to transfer it all over to my new 3DS XL via wireless transfer. I won't have any problems playing those games on my new 3DS right?

I have the original 3ds ambassador games as well as Pokemon X on my og 3ds. I've just selected to transfer it all over to my new 3DS XL via wireless transfer. I won't have any problems playing those games on my new 3DS right?

No. It'll just take awhile to do the wireless transfer if you have lots of games installed. Since I think the wireless transfer is transferring everything to your new 3DS (games installed included).

Unless Nintendo pulls a dick move and suddenly makes those ambassador games unplayable on new 3DSes, then there's nothing to worry about.

No. It'll just take awhile to do the wireless transfer if you have lots of games installed. Since I think the wireless transfer is transferring everything to your new 3DS (games installed included).

Perfect, cheers for the quick response mate. Loving the little Pikmin transfer animation :)

Doombear

You've helped clear things up for me. Thank you! It's not that complicated once you explained it.

-Choose the last option (via PC)
-Choose no when it asks you if you're using a standard SD card (as pictured above).
-Wait for transfer.

Got everything correct I think. And I'm guessing the transfer will mainly transfer your account, licences and saves? So it should be a lot faster than doing the other options.

You got it mostly.

-Choose "No, I don't have a SD or Mini SD"
-Transfer of system files will take place and finish.
-You can then take your microSD from old 3DS and put it in n3DS

Yeah, either Transfer via PC or Limited are going to be much much faster than Transfer via Wi-Fi. Nintendo themselves said a 4G transfer via Wi-Fi can take 2 hours... which is great if you are in your house, with other things to do. In a Gamestop though? Well that doesn't sound like fun.

Subscribed for next week. I can't stand how unclear all of this is.

I know... Look, ultimately everyone should just read the guide on Capcom's forums from Redmond Stache

Am I getting close in understanding this?

I hope I am not making things worse but here goes, you are mostly right.

Wait until you get your microSD and adapter. Once you do, then copy files from 3DS SD card to PC. Copy those files from PC to microSD card. Insert microSD into adapter into your 3DS. Wait until launch day! This you all have correct.

The part you are missing... you will choose to do a transfer on both systems (after firmware update and hopeful wi-fi connection), not touching the n3DS card at all. You will be asked if you are using an SD or Mini SD on your current 3DS. You will say no (because you are using a microSD). You will then be asked HOW you want to transfer. You will choose 'Transfer via PC'. Then the system transfer will happen, transferring system data. THEN it will tell you a few more things on the old 3DS. On the n3DS it will eventually say something like "Alright. Badass. Lakerchic, we are almost done. Please turn off your consoles, remove your microSD from your old 3DS, put it in the n3DS and turn it back on!" In the process you will also remove the 4GB micro that comes with the n3DS. It will now boot up, and you should be all set!

You got it. I will say, I have no idea if it is best to make sure you don't actually transfer anything until you can do it all in one go. For example, I would think that waiting to transfer from SD > to PC > microSD+Adapter > put into current 3DS until you could sit down and do it all at once is best. Make sense? I just don't know what data writes to the SD card, and if you can mess things up by not swapping and keeping everything precisely current.

Yeah, either Transfer via PC or Limited are going to be much much faster than Transfer via Wi-Fi. Nintendo themselves said a 4G transfer via Wi-Fi can take 2 hours... which is great if you are in your house, with other things to do. In a Gamestop though? Well that doesn't sound like fun.

I know... Look, ultimately everyone should just read the guide on Capcom's forums from Redmond Stache

I hope I am not making things worse but here goes, you are mostly right.

Wait until you get your microSD and adapter. Once you do, then copy files from 3DS SD card to PC. Copy those files from PC to microSD card. Insert microSD into adapter into your 3DS. Wait until launch day! This you all have correct.

The part you are missing... you will choose to do a transfer on both systems (after firmware update and hopeful wi-fi connection), not touching the n3DS card at all. You will be asked if you are using an SD or Mini SD on your current 3DS. You will say no (because you are using a microSD). You will then be asked HOW you want to transfer. You will choose 'Transfer via PC'. Then the system transfer will happen, transferring system data. THEN it will tell you a few more things on the old 3DS. On the n3DS it will eventually say something like "Alright. Badass. Lakerchic, we are almost done. Please turn off your consoles, remove your microSD from your old 3DS, put it in the n3DS and turn it back on!" In the process you will also remove the 4GB micro that comes with the n3DS. It will now boot up, and you should be all set!

I think Im beginning to finally understand how this works..I just hope that my local gamestop would be willing to open up the new 3ds xl in the back so I can put in the microsd card once done..I will ask tomorrow when I go to the store to do the pre order(have to put down 50 bucks no biggie) if they say YES then it will go smoothly, if they say NO I have to have a backup plan available just in case..for the new microsd card that I will be getting I dont have to format it on my PC before putting it in my 3ds(On Nintendo's site they show a program called SDFormatterv4) its only the 16gb one that Im getting so maybe its not necessary to do that? All of this because on Nintendos web site they are offering some coin rewards and I can get Donkey Kong Country 3DS and Kid Icarus(Two games that I already own and I can trade them in at gamestop for some decent cash) and I can just download them using those coins once I get the new system..oh another thing, as far as my virtual console games go, when I get home I can just redownload them?

I think Im beginning to finally understand how this works..I just hope that my local gamestop would be willing to open up the new 3ds xl in the back so I can put in the microsd card once done..I will ask tomorrow when I go to the store to do the pre order(have to put down 50 bucks no biggie) if they say YES then it will go smoothly, if they say NO I have to have a backup plan available just in case..for the new microsd card that I will be getting I dont have to format it on my PC before putting it in my 3ds(On Nintendo's site they show a program called SDFormatterv4) its only the 16gb one that Im getting so maybe its not necessary to do that? All of this because on Nintendos web site they are offering some coin rewards and I can get Donkey Kong Country 3DS and Kid Icarus(Two games that I already own and I can trade them in at gamestop for some decent cash) and I can just download them using those coins once I get the new system..oh another thing, as far as my virtual console games go, when I get home I can just redownload them?

I did use SDFormatter v4 to format my new microSD card. I don't really know how much difference it makes, but i'd read here on gaf that it was recommended. Used the full erase (overwrite) function when formatting it

Also I called gamestop today to ask about this stuff and specifically asked if they'd have the #00 screwdriver to open up the back of the unit for switching out the sd cards. Dude said yes, but i'll probably bring one with me just in case

jax

Banned
I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I searched and couldn't find anything, so here goes.

I know that the 3DS you transfer FROM has to be updated to latest FW, etc .. but what about the New 3DS XL you transfer TO? If I never connect the NXL to the Internet, can I still do a transfer from a 9.5 console?

No. You might be able to use the save backup tool and somehow consolidate the backup folder(s) though.
I'm not really concerned about saves but the actual content. I have a launch system with ambassador games, I have an XL that came with MK7 and like one other system with something.

So I have a good idea on what I'm doing next Friday, but another problem has arisen: If EBgames is letting me trade in my old 3DS, will they even have WiFi in their store so I can do the transfer in store? I really have no idea how the trade in deal will work out. Maybe I should call my local EBgames.

npa189

Thanks for the clarification in this thread! I'm moving all my stuff to the new 32gb micro I've had sitting on my desk, and step I can do now will make this go faster.

Doombear

I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I searched and couldn't find anything, so here goes.

I know that the 3DS you transfer FROM has to be updated to latest FW, etc .. but what about the New 3DS XL you transfer TO? If I never connect the NXL to the Internet, can I still do a transfer from a 9.5 console?

You must have current up-to-date firmware on both consoles. You must have internet access on both consoles.

I'd bring a screwdriver with me. Can't trust the store to have one.

Shit, didn't even think about that possible (and likely) problem... I can see some fun weekends ahead for Gamestop/store employees...

Can't I copy all the data onto the computer, move it to my new micro sd card, then put that card into the new 3DS? Is their another step to this?

Can't I copy all the data onto the computer, move it to my new micro sd card, then put that card into the new 3DS? Is their another step to this?

You have to do the system transfer. You cant just change the micro sd cards. Read above, Doombear was able to explain it really well.

I did use SDFormatter v4 to format my new microSD card. I don't really know how much difference it makes, but i'd read here on gaf that it was recommended. Used the full erase (overwrite) function when formatting it

Also I called gamestop today to ask about this stuff and specifically asked if they'd have the #00 screwdriver to open up the back of the unit for switching out the sd cards. Dude said yes, but i'll probably bring one with me just in case

When I go tomorrow to gamestop I will ask the guy..if they have the screwdriver and are willing to open up the new 3ds xl for me, then I will just do the ENTIRE transfer in the store and not do the whole copy to pc thing..but I will have to format the card BEFORE I take it to the store so will use the sdformatter card and be sure to use the full erase(Overwrite) function when formatting it..

that's the card I plan on buying, do you think this one will work just fine on the new 3ds xl?

You really need to do this in-store? I thought the 3DS would shut down and you could swap cards before starting it up again. I'm pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't tell you to swap cards with the power on...

Edit: This guide says exactly what I thought would happen.

Follow the onscreen instructions. When the console's connected to the internet, and done a bit of faffing, you'll see the screen below. It's now safe to turn off your new 3DS, and transfer data to the microSD card using your PC.

The "No" screen shot comes first. You don't even get to choose one of the three options if you select no.

a) If you are using an SD card or miniSD card (via an SD card adapter)
with your system, please choose “Yes.”
Once you have made your selection, you can choose to transfer your data wirelessly or copy it via
PC. Please follow the on-screen instructions to find out more ab
out each transfer method and to
complete the system transfer. System transfer using a PC is faster, but will require an SD card/
microSD card reader.
b) If you are already using a microSD card (via an SD card adapter) in your source system, please
choose “No”. After the transfer is complete, you can simply remove the microSD card from theadapter and insert it into the target New Nintendo 3DS system.

You're making things more confusing than they need to be.

When I go tomorrow to gamestop I will ask the guy..if they have the screwdriver and are willing to open up the new 3ds xl for me, then I will just do the ENTIRE transfer in the store and not do the whole copy to pc thing..but I will have to format the card BEFORE I take it to the store so will use the sdformatter card and be sure to use the full erase(Overwrite) function when formatting it..

that's the card I plan on buying, do you think this one will work just fine on the new 3ds xl?

That's the same one I have in my 3DS right now and it works fine

last week I just bought the new microSD card, used sdformatter to format it, copied everything from my old sdcard to the new microSD, and started using it right away in my old 3DS XL

so then all I need to do at gamestop is transfer the licenses and move the microSD from my current system into the N3DSXL. if you can find a #00 screwdriver you can do it yourself right there if they don't have one

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why are people talking so much about mini and micro SD? Does the new 3ds not accept SD cards?

Top Bottom