• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 08•18-20•17 - Dolled up Deadpool & Nick Fury team up, get Logan (not that one)

GhaleonEB

Yeah, the marketing is 100% Soderbergh, from what I understand about how the distro deal was set up.

He got control of how to sell his movie and he apparently didn't come up with an appealing campaign.

I read he cut the trailer himself. I liked it - it's what sold me on the movie - but it seemed to be disliked in general (on GAF, and everyone I talked to hated it). Redneck Ocean's 11 should have been a great pitch, but they borked it somehow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh this is where Bronson has been hiding?

Good, you can keep him.

At least Taylor Kitsch actually got to play Gambit in a movie.

giphy.gif

And yet some of the CG shots barely look above what you see on a SyFy movie lol.

Shitty CGI is required for these awful disaster films, so it's a given.

Yeah, the marketing is 100% Soderbergh, from what I understand about how the distro deal was set up.

He got control of how to sell his movie and he apparently didn't come up with an appealing campaign.

Soderbergh & the studio thought that it would work well if they sold it to flyover states, which it as turned out was a mistake, a shame really.

kswiston

Weekend studio estimates

1) Hitman's Bodyguard - $10.1M - $40M total
2) Annabelle Creation - $7.4M - $78M total
3) Leap! - $5.0M
4) Wind River - $4.4M - $10M total
5) Logan Lucky - $4.4M - $15M total
6) Dunkirk - $4.0M - $172M total
7) Spider-Man Homecoming - $2.8M - $318M total

Wonder Woman - $1.7M - $406M total

Yo, how you going to drag a fellow poster like that?

I think you should ban Slayven one week for every attempt he's made on my life

SO THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-EIGHT WEEKS

Back on topic: Holy god what a shitty weekend. I'm stunned we even got to 500 posts with this shit

Top Bottom