• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 8•04-06•17 - Man in Black kidnaps #1, Dun' not done son, Woman nears $400m DOM

Bronson is the first Fast and the Furious movie too old for you.

The perfect film, I watched it with my dad and my best friend in theaters and it led me to become the man I am today, a street racer/political analyst

Like Ghost in the Shell and Resident Evil 6.

OK 1st one I wanted to drink and the theater was the best spot

And I also have never seen any of the Resident Evil movies

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hellboy casting Milla as the main villain pretty much cemented what type of movie they're trying to make. I'll still be there Day 1!

I remember going to a Sony store some years back to look at their TVs and they had this room promoting some new top-of-the-line one. They were using the latest Resident Evil movie at the time to showcase its capabilities.

That's the most I've seen of the Resident Evil series. Shit, I haven't even played one of the games beyond a demo for 5.

Shia ruined his career by being a nutjob in his personal life. Transformers and Indy 4 didn't do any harm. He could have done those, transferred to smaller films, and have been more than fine. If he happened to behave like a normal person.

I feel like those thing were an outcome of the amount of hate we gave him, personally. Even if he himself lit the match, we provided the fuel if you will.

Anyway....I actually the VHS's of Alien in reverse: Alien 3, 2, 1. Completely by accident too, but Aliens was already a 'weekly cable movie' by that time anyway (and then I got all excited for Alien 4.... damn you, Joss Whedon, damn you to heeeeell). It's not like you could have missed James Cameron, John Tiernan, or Alien movies during the expansion of networks, with all trying to compete on some niche.

Like broadcasting B-movies that nobody else did, so I got to watch A.P.E.X. , which had a surprisingly solid story, mostly because as a teen you don't "see" the B in B-movie.

I was thinking on that when someone made a 80's and 90's movies thread. The only reason we seem to like a lot of them (and not a millennial 'your movie sucks' kind of way) is simply because we grew up with them. I noticed it only because I've been watching '50s movies and the huge difference with people who grew up on those ("it was awesome") and my own experience of them ("how silly").

Toa TAK

Banned
I have kept my eyes and my mind...

pure
Can't be that pure

636065557593845294-26609615_suicide-squad-00.jpg

kswiston

It looks like Universal will briefly take the #1 position in the 2017 domestic studio market share race this fall.

However, Disney is looking at $900M+ during those final two months, so that won't last. The race between first and second will be a lot closer than last year though.

EDIT: Actually, WB has a decent chance of knocking Disney down to third place at some point before November as well.

kswiston

AMC and other exhibitors really took a beating this summer. Ticket sales are down 10% from last year. And that's with the 3 superhero films doing over $1.1B combined domestically. August is going to be another bloodbath.

At least September is looking stronger than typical.

That was good, and there was an interesting quote about Homecoming in there as well:

In fact, it was Homecoming director Jon Watts who approached Glover, no longer age-appropriate for the part of Spidey, to play a small but meaningful role, which could prove more significant if the studio decides to greenlight a rumored spinoff about Miles Morales, the nephew of Glover's character. "If you don't do [the part]," Watts told Glover before Homecoming, "we aren't going to [include] it."

I don't know if the writer is confusing the animated spin-off as a real movie, or if there's ever been any actual rumors that a live-action Miles is coming anytime soon (which I don't remember ever hearing).

ZeoVGM

Banned
I think it's safe the say that Community movie will never happen.

Jesus Christ, Glover blew the hell up. Totally deserved too.

I don't get why a movie like War for the Planet of the Apes is bombing, seriously, people, what are you doing ?
I might watch it today if I can, but I heard the marketing and movie are quite different and therefore it might have gotten worse word of mouth than the previous. I also don't know how the competition was with the previous movie compared to this one.

I don't get why a movie like War for the Planet of the Apes is bombing, seriously, people, what are you doing ?

The second half is poorly paced and boring. And what did they expect from the audiences by calling the movie "War for the Planet of the Apes" and delivering something quite different?

Also doesn't help that competition seemed quite tough.

I might watch it today if I can, but I heard the marketing and movie are quite different and therefore it might have gotten worse word of mouth than the previous. I also don't know how the competition was with the previous movie compared to this one.

its not as good as Dawn but its still pretty damn great in its own right. it reminded me of stuff like Spartacus and The Great Escape at times which was so good to see and unexpected from a big franchise movie in 2017.

Matt Reeves did good work. I hope he's given ample time to make that Batman movie

man did it look fantastic too. action shot well, beautiful cinematography. dude is killing it.

Glass Rebel

It came put last week here but none of my friends seem particularly interested in it and we watch almost everything. I made my girlfriend watch Rise (which she enjoyed) and we'll watch Dawn when she's back from England before watching War. I liked both previous entries a lot but I didn't really feel the hype with this one. Had pretty bad timing.

Angel_DvA

If you think the marketing and the movie was totally different, just wait to see Atomic Blonde...

I don't know for the bad word of mouth but this one is far superior to the second one, it's more clever, has more heart and finish perfectly the story.

Lima

The perfect film, I watched it with my dad and my best friend in theaters and it led me to become the man I am today, a street racer/political analyst

See this is why I like you. Fast and Furious is da bomb. Shit is my jam and most definitely my favorite film franchise.

I wish I've never seen a Resident Evil film.

I have seen ALL of them.
Actually enjoyable to varying degrees. The last one was so terrible though. My god the editor was on crack while cutting the film.

Paul W. S. Anderson might be the worst director working today but he still has a special place in my heart because of Event Horizon.

See this is why I like you. Fast and Furious is da bomb. Shit is my jam and most definitely my favorite film franchise.

I just like how it inexplicably morphed from a Point Break ripoff with cars to a bad sequel to an even worse sequel to a still pretty shitty sequel to an incredible heist movie, a good heist movie, a touching tribute to Paul Walker, and then Dom shooting everyone

Cheebo

Banned
There is a new Indiana movie coming in 2020? Why?

They paid for that franchise and after they bought Lucasfilm they went and paid Paramount even more to secure all future distribution rights.

What studio would pay big money for a massively successful film franchise....and do nothing with it?

Top Bottom