• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 8•04-06•17 - Man in Black kidnaps #1, Dun' not done son, Woman nears $400m DOM

Kswiss you said you watched Your Name because of its remarkable box office run in Japan, are you planning to do the same for Wolf Warrior 2?

kswiston

Wolf Warrior 2 is at $599M in China as of Thursday. It passes the domestic gross of Avengers, Jurassic World, and Titanic this weekend. Avatar might fall next weekend.

Kswiss you said you watched Your Name because of its remarkable box office run in Japan, are you planning to do the same for Wolf Warrior 2?

I might watch it at some point.

I like the studio Ghibli stuff, even if I don't watch a ton of anime. That was part od the curiousity with Your Name.

Wolf Warrior 2 looks like a Chinese Stallone movie. Those can be fun, but I don't feel the need to throw $12 at it.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's sitting on a 70% on the Godmeter, "Annabelle: Creation adds another strong chapter to the Conjuring franchise - and offers further proof that freaky-looking dolls remain reliably terrifying."

Sounds like that's about all we'll need, review-wise.

They paid for that franchise and after they bought Lucasfilm they went and paid Paramount even more to secure all future distribution rights.

What studio would pay big money for a massively successful film franchise....and do nothing with it?
I honestly don't think Indiana Jones has the same appeal after the disastrous Indy 4 but again, if they already paid a shit load of money, they better get their investment back from it, I guess.

FebKx49.gif

Brolin profile. A quote:
Brolin not only tells me about turning down a role in the sequel to Avatar, he also has no problem admitting the decision caused tension between him and the director. "If I don't want to do Avatar," he says, "I'm not going to do Avatar. James Cameron's fucking calling me this name and that name. Whatever. If James Cameron came to me and said, 'Hey, man, why'd you say that?' I'd go, 'Because it happened.' "

Cheebo

Banned
I honestly don't think Indiana Jones has the same appeal after the disastrous Indy 4 but again, if they already paid a shit load of money, they better get their investment back from it, I guess.

Indiana Jones 4 made nearly 800 million back in 2008 in a pre-Avatar market. That franchise has massive awareness and popularity even with Indy 4.

If Lucasfilm puts out a well received film Indy 5 will do over 300 mil domestic for sure in 2020.

Lima

I can imagine how Cameron went ballistic and said "HOW DARE YOU?"

Aye lmao that must have been a hell of an awkward phone call.

Indiana Jones 4 made nearly 800 million back in 2008 in a pre-Avatar market. That franchise has massive awareness and popularity even with Indy 4.

If Spielberg puts out a well received film Indy 5 will do over 300 mil domestic for sure.
It will still suffer thanks to the bad impressions left behind by Indy 4. Just like Spider-Man suffered from the previous films. Transformers and Pirates all declined greatly from their predecessor so Indy 5 will follow suit as well.

I also highly doubt Spielberg can release a good Indiana movie again. He needs to pass the torch to someone who is better suited for this job but I guess we will find out about it soon. I am just not too impressed by what he has put out recently, where majority of it has been mediocre to average.

The Avatar thread seemed mildly incredulous that such a thing could happen.

Read as extremely believable to me.

Also confirmed Brolin's instincts, too.

"I bet working with this guy is a fucking nightmare. I'm gonna tell him no."

*tells Cameron no*
*gets cussed out by Cameron for refusing him*

"Boy howdy, guess he showed me."

I do wonder what it was about Brolin telling him to kick rocks that got him all pissed off, though. Like, why would he care so much about being told no?

*tells Cameron no*

I do wonder what it was about Brolin telling him to kick rocks that got him all pissed off, though. Like, why would he care so much about being told no?

If I had to guess, I bet it's because Brolin isn't a major leading man like a Tom Cruise or Denzel Washington or a Leonardo DiCaprio to be turning Cameron down. "Of course, Brolin is going to accept any role I ask him to play, I'm the Great James Cameron". Cameron is in disbelief this ant could turn a God down. LOL

Yeah, but you'd think if dude was so secure in his success he wouldn't get heated over being told "no" by Jonah Hex.

It makes him sound like he's on some Zod shit.

"I OFFER YOU A CHANCE AT GREATNESS, JOR-EL"

*tells Cameron no*

I don't think anybody in the Avatar thread was incredulous that Cameron could cuss Brolin out. There was definitely some head scratching over Brolin's choice in the wake of other shit he's willing to star in.

Jigorath

Banned
I think it's safe the say that Community movie will never happen.

Jesus Christ, Glover blew the hell up. Totally deserved too.

It could still happen. Getting the cast together for 6-8 weeks to shoot a movie is a lot easier than the 8 months they gotta spend doing a season of the show.

Penguin

Oh the Nut Job 2 is out this weekend... I honestly don't think I've ever seen the original and there's like nothing around this one

kswiston

I think Dunkirk's total will depend on China quite a bit. It's hard to gauge how well the film will do there. Hacksaw Ridge did very well, but I gather that Japanese WW2 soldiers being mowed down plays well in China.

Oh the Nut Job 2 is out this weekend... I honestly don't think I've ever seen the original and there's like nothing around this one

I have had to watch that trailer with every kids film this summer. Looks terrible. They somehow convinced Jackie Chan to voice one of the characters though.

Penguin

I think Dunkirk's total will depend on China quite a bit. It's hard to gauge how well the film will do there. Hacksaw Ridge did very well, but I gather that Japanese WW2 soldiers being mowed down plays well in China.

I have had to watch that trailer with every kids film this summer. Looks terrible. They somehow convinced Jackie Chan to voice one of the characters though.

Are you gonna take the kids to see it?

Theecliff

Banned
finally caught war for the planet of the apes on monday after failing to see it a week ago. it was solid, think i preferred dawn on a whole though. damned shame it's doing poorly. the screening me and my friends were in seemed quite full so i guess it's still doing okay in the uk possibly.

and just got back from valerian. what a glorious mess that was 😂

This is an important announcement that Boyka: Undisputed, the next movie in the weird ass franchise that went from:

Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames fighting in a pretty shit boxing film

Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins having a kick ass fight like three times, with Adkins playing the murderous bad guy...with honor?

Adkins playing the same bad guy but crippled and he's the good guy now

To now Adkins' character got fully healed cause Jesus or some shit

Anyways the fight scenes in these are always baller and have been since 2, so HOP ON

Top Bottom