• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and The Evil Within 2 Steam Pre-Order -50% (CDKeys)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You're assuming his setup. Most people don't have their PCs in such a situation.

Well, PCs aren't immovable objects. Obviously lugging a tower into the lounge room to play a game isn't ideal, but I'd imagine a small inconvenience would be preferable to purchasing a version of a game you're not exactly keen on.

How do you know that?

And to be clear, I'm not morally opposed to CD Keys, I'm just not trying to make excuses about it being super shady.

You've provided no reason to think of them as shady beyond "hey, its cheap". Might wanna do that before you keep repeating that bit.

Or dont. Not like i can force you.

killroy87

You've provided no reason to think of them as shady beyond "hey, its cheap". Might wanna do that before you keep repeating that bit.

Or dont. Not like i can force you.
...are you under the impression they acquire their keys through completely legitimate means? When the key they send is sometimes literally a picture of a retail steam key pamphlet, you won't admit that that's at the very least shady?

Again, do what you want. But they're shady lol.

Euphor!a

Banned
...are you under the impression they acquire their keys through completely legitimate means? When the key they send is sometimes literally a picture of a retail steam key pamphlet, you won't admit that that's at the very least shady?

You keep saying it is shady and then have zero explanation why. It is no mystery how they get their keys and why it is sent to their customers like that sometimes.

do you have any evidence that they aren't using legitimate means? And no, i see no problem whatsoever with using a picture of a retail key pamphlet, diminishes margin of error added via typing it up.

Otherwise hitchen's razor follows: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Top Bottom