• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and The Evil Within 2 Steam Pre-Order -50% (CDKeys)

napata

This seems sketchy...

Cdkeys is totally legal but from the publisher's view you're technically still doing something you shouldn't be doing. Basically buying at CDkeys means you're buying at a price not intended for your region. That's how they offer such cheap prices. God bless region free keys. I think one day it will result in publishers enforcing more region locks though.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
so it is another shady website exploiting weak currency and making the publisher and developer suffer for it, great. filth should be banned.

The publishers started this when they forced digital distribution as a means of selling PC games. Who do you think benefited the most financially from the change of PC games being sold physically(Not a box with a digital code inside) to being sold digitally. Turnabout is fair play.

The publishers started this when they forced digital distribution as a means of selling PC games. Who do you think benefited the most financially from the change of PC games being sold physically(Not a box with a digital code inside) to being sold digitally. Turnabout is fair play.

So you are just bitter and revengebuy all games at half price now? :D the storefront owners still take a huge cut of the money that is equivalent of the retail costs like 30% for Valve.

And Bluray drives never really took off so i think that is the main reason no one does physical PC games anymore.

kewlmyc

In for Wolfenstein. Bought from CDKeys before, and the only thing I can say that's bad is that they're bad at letting you know when your key is in stock. I usually have to go manually check my order details for the game around the time it comes out.

Zaph

so it is another shady website exploiting weak currency and making the publisher and developer suffer for it, great. filth should be banned.

Even if everything you said is true, why should only corporations benefit from globalisation?

Do you think they care about exploiting weak currencies and working conditions when they use outsourcing studios in Malaysia, China or India?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I could be misremembering, for some reason I thought it had issues.

Might as well grab both then!

It's not unlike Rage in that there's no SLI support and you may experience texture pop-in and stuttering if the game doesn't want to play nicely with your system. If Doom16 is any indication, though, Wolf2 should fare much better as it's also id Tech 6-based.

I'm going to wait to see if there will be a Deluxe Edition with a season pass for both. I have a ton of money in steam credit since I traded in a bunch of stuff to Gamestop for steam gift cards which makes it hard.

Corpekata

Banned
I could be misremembering, for some reason I thought it had issues.

Might as well grab both then!

It did. It had issues with texture streaming, with the engine clearly not being built in mind with mouse speeds (was way worse in Rage though), as they would frequently be half popped if you turned even relatively fast.

JaseC

I'm going to wait to see if there will be a Deluxe Edition with a season pass for both. I have a ton of money in steam credit since I traded in a bunch of stuff to Gamestop for steam gift cards which makes it hard.

The Digital Deluxe Edition is exactly that. I'd wait for the Season Pass to be available separately, though, as it'd likely work out cheaper to buy the game from CD Keys and pick up the Season Pass on its own.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
CDKeys are the only reason I can play games at release or close to it, games are so expensive now on Steam. I'll be holding off on Wolfenstein until it goes sub £20 though, I never rush to buy single player games as they drop fast.

Even if everything you said is true, why should only corporations benefit from globalisation?

Do you think they care about exploiting weak currencies and working conditions when they use outsourcing studios in Malaysia, China or India?

because we want a Wolfenstein 3 after this instead of the company going under or going free2play ios only? :D gotta pick your battles.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
So you are just bitter and revengebuy all games at half price now? :D the storefront owners still take a huge cut of the money that is equivalent of the retail costs like 30% for Valve.

And Bluray drives never really took off so i think that is the main reason no one does physical PC games anymore.

Not bitter just smart like CDKEYS. I'm gonna cut down my cost just like the publishers did based on a system they created in the first place.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wolfenstein is 60fps on consoles.

Wolfenstein is 60fps on consoles, I believe. I'm more worried about the evil within 2 but screw it. I might buy a 1080ti later anyway.

Fair enough, I guess it's to be expected since it uses the same engine as Doom. I'd still go for PC for KB+M, plus if it's not rock solid on console you can't fix it but on PC you can lower a setting or two.

Evil Within ran poorly on every platform right? So I'd never pre-order that, I remember playing it on PC and it wasn't great.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Great deal, but I think I'll pick this up on PS4. My laptop's a few years old now, and while it ran TNO fine I think I'd prefer the 60fps smoothness on console. Will just have to pay more for the privilege.

JaseC

Unfortunately I get a "Content not found" error. Is this a "like the page, get a discount" sort of thing?

It's a program that generates a code after you've submitted your e-mail address. I'll PM you the one it spat out for me.

molnizzle

I want to pre-order Wolf II... but man, they really shouldn't be releasing the same day as Mario Odyssey. I'm gonna have my hands full with that for at least a couple of weeks.

Kazuhira

Evil Within ran poorly on every platform right? So I'd never pre-order that, I remember playing it on PC and it wasn't great.

Currently replaying it and the game runs a lot better now,locked 60 fps with max settings at 1080p and 1440p(with a few dips here and there but nothing big).
I have a gtx 970(No OC),i5 4690k(Stock) and 16gb of ram.
Edit:I have black bars enabled though,i'll test this when i get home.

noomi

Fucking awesome.

Thank you so much for posting this, picked up Wolfenstein TNC just now. Can't wait!

nOoblet16

Do you care when corporations and even game developers outsource their work to India/China and pay them wages that are lower than first world wages? Almost every AAA game gets some amount of work outsourced these days to India/China.

Sure the wages they pay are comparable to other jobs in the same sector in that country, but the bottom line is a first world company that is capable of paying first world salary is outsourcing to third world countries and paying them third world wages because they want to exploit the cheaper prices as well. So why is it alright when they do it but when the tables get turned the people doing it become "filth"?

Everyone should benefit from Globalisation. Beside there's the other important factor that despite there being no manufacturing overhead digital games cost the same price because platform holders would rather have their cut become fatter than make the price cheaper for consumers.

There is a reason CD Keys is not banned on GAF, and that's because it's fine.

Algebrah

I've been burned on too many pre-orders in the past. I would rather spend $60 on a game I know that is good rather than rolling the dice on it at half price.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gotdamn that's a great deal. I wish there were console vendors who offered deals like this. Best thing right now is either using trade in credit for GS or Best Buy's GCU, but that also costs money for subscription.

Ah well .. I guess I'll continue amassing old finished games for trade-in to newer games as I always do.

Top Bottom