• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Launch Trailer

Geist-

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| #NoMoreNazis
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| Make America Nazi-Free Again

Geist-

Nah
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| So much for the tolerant left

I love this game. Fuck nazis.
I almost posted this, but I didn't want to apply modern political affiliations to a game about alt-history.

Nazis on the other hand are always Nazis.

roytheone

I was going to wait a bit and get Mario first but I guess I'm getting them both at launch now.

Hitler will totally die in this game and come back as Mecha Hitler for the next one.

My guess too. It would make sense to have
mecha Hitler as the boss of the final game of this trilogy.

#WifeGoals
wolfenstein_2_anya_pregnant_gif_by_bondgeek-dbqwjc7.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man, that trailer end spoiler teaser:
The New Order set a precedent for survival after body death, Strasse having engineered the technology to transplant brains to mechanized host bodies. If Hitler is sick and dying the lore (of all things, in Wolfenstein) has been established since the first game to see the Führer in a mechanized war suit

nkarafo

I really hope he's actually some worthless, half-rotten, propaganda figurehead who spends his days shitting himself in his bed as he feebly clings to a scant husk of life

And then you just do him in with your bare hands.
Nah, that's just putting him out of his misery.

Beating him in his most powerful form would hurt more.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Two questions:

Does “The New Order” play well on the Xbox 360? Don’t have a XB1 or PS4 and interested in checking it out.

Is the 2009 Wolfenstein title worth a play through?

No it won't happen because

MachineGames have written Wolfenstein as a trilogy and they've said there's nowhere to go after Mecha Hitler, I'm pretty certain he'll be a boss but the very final boss at the end of the third game, assuming they get to make it.

The only reason this won't happen is if Bethesda tell them they're not making another Wolfenstein game and so they end this one with him but I don't think they have.

If anything I can see Hitler looking sick in this trailer leading to him dying/looking for a way to live on aka his brain in a robot like the first game - Mecha Hitler and that leading into the third game where he's now the main villain

I can see that happen, and I like that.

Burt

Nah, that's just putting him out of his misery.

Beating him in his most powerful form would hurt more.
You're not wrong

But remember

Nazis love powerful Nazi imagery

Nazis love the Nazi imagery in American History X

If they want to make Hitler a final, super OP boss, fine, whatever. But, given the quality of original villains in the Wolfenstein reboot, they could easily find or create someone less tropey that didn't give Nazis an aspirational power fantasy figure. And, if they did, they could fucking ruin the real life Nazi figurehead easy peezy.

Bollocks

god dammit, that looks like so much fun, just flat out shooter with a great fictitious setup and a simple message to get everyone on board

Do I really have to play AC:Origins and Wolfenstein side by side?
y u no release 1 at a time games industry.

NKnight7

Neo Member
Not watching to stay mostly spoiler free, but I can't wait! I played The New Order this year and was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying it.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| The Wolf Achtung Us

This one makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

7Q5NXCi.gif

MMmmmmmmmmmm

For whatever reason this scene of BJ killing a KKK member is different in the German version of the trailer:

(German trailer is here btw, would be cool if it could be added to the OP, as people from Germany (and maybe even Austria?) can't watch the international trailer :( )

Man, that trailer end spoiler teaser:
The New Order set a precedent for survival after body death, Strasse having engineered the technology to transplant brains to mechanized host bodies. If Hitler is sick and dying the lore (of all things, in Wolfenstein) has been established since the first game to see the Führer in a mechanized war suit

But wasn't Wolfenstein 2009 basically the start of an alternate timeline, with some time-travel and parallel dimension shenanigans? Wouldn't that explain why he's still alive?

(Disclaimer: I sadly I never played Wolf2k9, so I wouldn't know exactly. I only ever read the HG101 article about it)

Also I just happily pre-ordered the game on Steam and made space to install both the international and German versions of the game (200GB of free space should do the trick, right?)

Cranked on max on PC and plenty of the environments still look like it was pasted over in N64 graphics if you look just close enough.

The New Order's visuals and performance are definitely limited by its engine, but wow is this an incredibly dumb exaggeration.

Top Bottom