• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - NO MORE NAZIS [New Gameplay Trailer]

shmoglish

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus IOTI A fictional America with less racists

Hyped for the game, perfect start for my holidays.

Krosia

As the one making the OT, I'm conflicted I do want to reflect some of the stuff going on right now, but in the other hand I dont want to make it like a parody of itself, so gaf, what do you think?

This game comes out while Nazis are on the rise left and right (not just in Murica), get's cleaned in Germany of all countries from all nazi references basically messaging people it is bad to shoot nazis. This might be the most political game that tries to be unpolitical and just a fun shooter in a long, long time.

Reflect man, it's important.

Guerrilla

I actually dropped it in the first mission. I should go back and give it another shot =/
This game looks good.

Noooo ;) The beginning is the worst part, it's almost like they are trying to make a point how they don't want to make this game in the first section....

So go! now! and kill some nazis on the moon!

Tagyhag

Awesome trailer.

I know it's a silly thing to nitpick but the sex scene spoils that Irene's daughter joins your side. :p

If only you could talk to these Nazi's, then perhaps you could try and make friends with them, form alliances... Now that would be interesting.

preview from the Edge review

JJShadow

Game looks amazing, now I only have to decide whether to pick it up on day one or wait till next year for the Switch version

First world problems I guess

thelastword

Banned
TovJWtk.gif
When I watch how great this looks, it's textures, gun models, effects and know that this will run at 60fps locked at a high resolution, I shudder at other titles which look many times worse and can't even stay locked to 30fps.....

More than that, I've been watching a tonne of videos on Wolfenstein 2, A great looking title with great perf is not the only thing selling this for me, the gameplay in this is so exciting, it's not even funny...What a great combo, great looking and performing title with very fun gameplay.

Two things to be interested:

1. Non-wimpy gunplay/sounds
2. Non-linear, boring level design

Curious to see impressions on those aspects once it's out.

Djostikk

This october will be my best thanks to Wolfenstein II, Evil Within 2 and Stranger Things 2! And also my Dad's 60th anniversary, awwww yiiiis.

J_Viper

Seems too be just as weak as TNO. It's a really big disappointment that they didn't try and fix any of the problems with TNO.
Damn. What a disappointment, especially when compared to how high the quality of every other aspect of the game is.

Is this an engine problem? Because the sound design in Doom was also garbage.

How the fuck did a Fallout game and up with better firearm audio than Wolfenstein and DOOM?

I think it should be pointed out that the EZA panel stated that the game should not be delayed nor should there be any drastic changes to the marketing. Some people seem to be assuming they said the opposite so I went back and listened to the discussion again.
Yeah, it was a submitted question from fans that asked whether the game needed to be delayed or not (from Bethesda's point of view). I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear everyone.

joe2187

Banned
I never had an issue with the sound in TNO.

I loved the distinct weapon sounds, the only issue was on the PS4 version sometimes it would get cut off during heavy action scenes.

Perfect follow-up from yesterday's Nazi knockout:

nazipawnchc7sn4.gif

How this guy didn't see every single second of this moment coming a mile away is beyond me. The fact he appears to be saying "calm down" while raising his hand while the other dude already has his hands halfway to fighting stance is pretty funny.

RRockman

Banned
As the one making the OT, I'm conflicted I do want to reflect some of the stuff going on right now, but in the other hand I dont want to make it like a parody of itself, so gaf, what do you think?

Reflect away if you ask me! A large part of the hype is how on the nose this wolfenstein is going to be!

Toa TAK

Banned

Dude

Go all in on it. It would be a tremendous waste of an opportunity to not fall into it in some way. The game is already (if the marketing is anything to go by) a lot more humorous than the first. Lead with that, this game is a perfect storm in its release and real life political events. I say go all in, make it humorous like the game and drag Nazis through the mud.

Nokterian

Reflect on what is happening today it is vital to show that nazi's have no place, this trailer is even called no more nazi's, so yes do it PLEASE!

Top Bottom