• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems silly that it says they won't be giving keys of Return to Wolfenstein until they release the main keys as well. Should give them to us now(we already paid) so we can play Return before New Order comes out!

As is standard practice, GMG allows people to cancel pre-orders for a full refund, but this policy couldn't have been upheld for Wolf14 if RTCW keys were distributed immediately since GMG can't account for keys once they've been sent. On Steam it's a different story as it's quite easy for Valve to ensure you're not being left with anything you shouldn't have.

I wish this had multiplayer. I just can't buy a full price game with no replay value. And I have a strong preference for MP in shooters

Think I will pick it up on the cheap later

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cannot fucking wait. Could be second only to Bayonetta 2 as my most anticipated game of the year.

iavi

This is the first game I'm going for a physical PC copy of in the longest time. And if this is indicative of the usual HDD reqs going forward for next-gen titles, it won't be the last physical edition of a PC game I buy either.

In Machinegun I trust.

As is standard practice, GMG allows people to cancel pre-orders for a full refund, but this policy couldn't have been upheld for Wolf14 if RTCW keys were distributed immediately since GMG can't account for keys once they've been sent. On Steam it's a different story as it's quite easy for Valve to ensure you're not being left with anything you shouldn't have.

Fair enough, forgot about silly refunds :p.

Krucks

Neo Member
This is the first game I've paid full price for in awhile, so hyped. Then again I'm a sucker for anything Wolfenstein.

pelican

I did have the PS4 version per-orderd, but over the weekend swapped it to The Bone.

Quite looking forward to playing this next week!

Zushin

For anyone in Australia;

EB just sent me and e-mail saying you can get Wolfenstein free (on PS4/X1) if you trade in any*** 2 PS4 or X1 games.

Edit: *The following titles are not eligible for this trade-in offer: Angry Birds Star Wars, Trials Fusion, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero, Pinball Arcade, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Putty Squad, Rayman Legends and Fighter Within. Only valid when preordering or purchasing Wolfenstein: The New Order on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Not to be combined with any other offer.

Really curious to see how this turns out. I have a good feeling about this one.

The $69.99 price tag in Canada might keep me away from it though...

Rizzi

For anyone in Australia;

EB just sent me and e-mail saying you can get Wolfenstein free (on PS4/X1) if you trade in any 2 PS4 or X1 games.

The following titles are not eligible for this trade-in offer: Angry Birds Star Wars, Trials Fusion, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero, Pinball Arcade, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Putty Squad, Rayman Legends and Fighter Within. Only valid when preordering or purchasing Wolfenstein: The New Order on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Not to be combined with any other offer.

Not quite any game. :p

JaseC

They need to bring the Raven Wolf back to Steam and release Singularity in Aus. I had to pick it up from Amazon to get it. Jeez.

Wolf09 is unfortunately stuck in limbo as the game is owned by Acti and Zenimax doesn't want to cough up however much it is that Acti wants for it (presumably a relatively high number as the endeavour almost certainly wasn't profitable for Acti). Someone's eventually going to budge, though, because as the situation currently stands neither party is making any money, and there is a precedent.

What's more annoying to me is that neither id nor Bethesda have bothered making Quake Wars available again, which Zenimax does own (alternative source).

M.Steiner

When does the review embargo lift? I'm waiting for reviews before pre ordering / buying
Would be interested in knowing this too if anyone knows?

I've already bought Transistor, Watch Dogs and (if you count early access) WildStar to play at the end of this month so I'm leaning towards waiting for reviews and impressions before I decide whether to pre-order this or not. Will still buy it regardless but I'd rather wait for a steam sale if peoples impressions aren't particularly glowing since my plate will already be pretty full as it is.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Has Bethesda commented on when pre-loading will go live?

Is this game going to have any decent textures?

Or will PS3/360 hold us back again?

Storage medium is the main limiting factor for texel density in id Tech 5 not RAM. Wolfenstein is using a 50GB install so texel density should be better than Rage but it will still be poor compared to most modern games. Texture variety will remain best in class though.

JaseC

Has Bethesda commented on when pre-loading will go live?

Nope. It can't be far off, though. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the flip were switched within the next 10-12 hours.

Is this game going to have any decent textures?

Or will PS3/360 hold us back again?

Rage's textures are terrible because Carmack desired PC-inclusive cross-platform parity, which meant that the game had to be made with the storage limit of two X360 DVDs in mind (~16GB), hence why there was no optional high-res texture pack for the PC version. From what I've seen of Wolf14 thus far I'd say it fares better than Rage generally, but there have been some rough spots here and there.

JaseC

I guess the PC Version comes with Controller support?

"Partial" controller support is listed on the store page. This typically means that the game proper has controller support but there's a launcher that requires the kb&m to navigate.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
so whose going the 4 disc 360-version way ?

btw is this the same engine as Rage ?

Marjar

Banned
I preordered this on Steam but I didn't realize the specs were that high. Everything is fine aside from the graphics card, as mine is only a GeForce 9800 GT.

My computer can run pretty much everything at least on medium though, so maybe it'll still work? Despite being a PC gamer I'm not really savvy with the technical stuff lol.

dreamfall

Everything I've seen of the game looks awesome!

Thinking of pre-ordering on PC soooon. I hope some of the ex-Starbreeze devs made a big impact as well!

JaseC

I preordered this on Steam but I didn't realize the specs were that high. Everything is fine aside from the graphics card, as mine is only a GeForce 9800 GT.

My computer can run pretty much everything at least on medium though, so maybe it'll still work? Despite being a PC gamer I'm not really savvy with the technical stuff lol.

If you can run Rage then you should be able to run this.

Top Bottom