• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

FrsDvl

Can't wait to get my hands on this, friend of mine did some work on it. Hope it's as good as he makes it sound.

DS4 won't use DS4 button overlays will it?

I don't think I could ever get over that, mentally.

Not that I would ever play an FPS on my PC using a gamepad, ofc.

Levyne

Banned
This game seems to have been on an upward trajectory of general impressions for the last year. I hope it is as good as the marketing has led me to believe it will be.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DS4 won't use DS4 button overlays will it?

I don't think I could ever get over that, mentally.

Not that I would ever play an FPS on my PC using a gamepad, ofc.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a single game that officially supports the DS4. Indie developers may begin including PS button prompts at some point, but I wouldn't expect larger publishers to jump on board until Sony itself releases drivers and the DS4 is formally acknowledged as a PC peripheral.

Webbie

Banned
This game seems to have been on an upward trajectory of general impressions for the last year. I hope it is as good as the marketing has led me to believe it will be.

You and me both. I have a long history with id games going back to the original and even though id is only in name anymore i will still honor them and have already bought the game.

can't decide between PS4 and my 580 for this, or Watch Dogs.

I was in the same boat at least about buying this or Watch Dogs. I went with this and i am confident in this being the superior game despite there being no multiplayer. As for hardware, i'm good to go with my i7 4th gen and my GTX 780 :D .

Gaz_RB

If by rig, you mean plug it into the USB port and run a third-party driver executable. I understand though, it can be a hassle to get it working properly for some games, for others it works perfectly right off the bat. It's nice to the have the consistency of consoles, sometimes.

Metal Gear Rising played like a dream on PC with the DS4, but I had serious trouble with RE4, for example.

I'm sure you fixed it, but if you haven't, I was having issues with the DS4 and RE4 too. It was reading the DS4 as both a wireless controller and a 360 controller because of DS4Tool, and I had to select "Hide DS4 Controller" to get it to only register it as a 360 controller.

But yeah like you said, using the DS4 on PC is super easy, I've been doing it since Titanfall. I even have the bluetooth set up so I just hold the PS button to turn it on and it works perfectly wireless.

I'm not familiar with the developer. Are they known for *polished* games? I don't really care about innovation in gaming, but I want solid polished games.

Ever played Riddick or The Darkness? It's those dudes, they just don't work at the previous company anymore.

antitrop

Shame The Darkness 1 never came out on PC, only its slightly inferior sequel. That was one of my favorite console shooters of last gen, though. Really memorable and it leaves a great lasting impression. It's an excellent game, overall.

Maddrical

Very curious about how this turns out; it is sounding like an old school FPS with a focus on pure gunplay and shootin' nazis.

Will buy on PC if it turns out okay.

Derpcrawler

The game is almost certainly going to be a ~40GB+ download on the PC side so I'm hoping Bethesda gives people the better (or whole) part of a week to grab it. R* dropped the ball pretty hard with Max Payne 3 (~25GB download), unlocking the pre-load just one day before release.

150Mbps unlimited data fiber. Feels good. Tell what you want about Chinese internet, at least you don't get fucked by shitty speeds (most of the time lol) and data caps.

ylErsmV.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Still on the fence about this. The lack of mp is making it hard.

Money is tight this month And I want watch dogs too.

Duxxy3

Shame The Darkness 1 never came out on PC, only its slightly inferior sequel. That was one of my favorite console shooters of last gen, though. Really memorable and it leaves a great lasting impression. It's an excellent game, overall.

I didn't get to play the first one, but I thought the second one was enjoyable.

Worth getting the first on PS3?

daveo42

Banned
Nice job on the OT OP! Cannot wait for this to come out next week. I'm itching to kill me some robo nazis from an alternate past/future.

So excited for this game, looks to be great and replayable (not to mention there's apparently other modes they haven't announced) and the marketing has been incredible.

Really hope it does well enough that they're able to do another.

Plus it comes out on my birthday so that's pretty cool

Shotgun dual wield = GOTY

Levyne

Banned
So excited for this game, looks to be great and replayable (not to mention there's apparently other modes they haven't announced) and the marketing has been incredible.

I'm thinking it will be some wave based arena mode of some sort, but who knows!

I'm rolling the dice and dropping the full $60 + tax on this. Kind of nervous, but the trailers make this look so fun. Hopefully I get the same enjoyment from it as I did with Bulletstorm.

Picking this up day one for my Xbox One. The drought is starting to get to me!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is one of my favorite shooters ever and most recent Wolfenstein was/is very underrated. Looking forward to this one, the trailers look pretty great!

AJ_Wings

Knew the OT was gonna involve the moon joke. Love it.

I really hope Beth sends out keys early to gmg for the preload.

Glorious OT.

Can't believe this is only a week away. Takes me back to the days of shareware Wolfenstein that I'd play between programming classes way, way, way back in the day.

Can't. fucking. wait.

I wonder if there is a new game plus. I'm guessing no
OT says this game is built for replayability, is filled with collectibles and perks. All of that really should add up to new game+.

Does anybody know what, if anything, carries over across playthroughs?

JaseC

As a german, can i order this game from amazon.co.uk without problems?

For consoles, yes; for the PC, no. All of the rest-of-world subs on Steam are set to disallow running the game if you have a German IP, and while it is possible to get around this by running the game with a VPN (switching to Offline Mode thereafter if you'd prefer to not have the VPN active longer than absolutely necessary) or using the app id trick*, either scenario is far from ideal.

* Only works if the game in question uses Custom Executable Generation/"Steam DRM", plus it breaks Steamworks integration since Steam thinks you're actually playing a different game.

Most anticipated game of the year given the Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness are my favorite FPS games. Really looking forward to Tuesday!

Wonder what the secret mode could be. Sprites?

robatw

For consoles, yes; for the PC, no. All of the rest-of-world subs on Steam are set to disallow running the game if you have a German IP, and while it is possible to get around this by running the game with a VPN (switching to Offline Mode thereafter if you'd prefer to not have the VPN active longer than absolutely necessary) or using the app id trick*, either scenario is far from ideal.

* Only works if the game in question uses Custom Executable Generation/"Steam DRM", plus it breaks Steamworks integration since Steam thinks you're actually playing a different game.

Thx for the infos. I am kinda scared to just order Wolfenstein (PS4) on amazon.co.uk will they even ship this "illegal" version to germany?

JaseC

Thx for the infos. I am kinda scared to just order Wolfenstein (PS4) on amazon.co.uk will they even ship this "illegal" version to germany?

I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if Amazon UK doesn't ship to Germany given Amazon has a presence there, but even if this is the case I'm sure you could find an alternative retailer.

Nice OT, can't wait for the game to be released.

I still hope that the Steam version (which I pre-ordered) will let me pre-load the game close to release. I wanna be able to play it as soon as I get home from work without having to download 50 GB first, which would take ~10 hours for me.

Also I settled with the German censored version of the game. I don't think it will harm my experience. Only thing that's sad about the German version is that it seems to have only German voice overs. I wish they'd include the English ones as well :(
Though from what I've witnessed in the trailers the German voice actors do a pretty good job at least.

Undead

Actually looking forward to a Wolfenstein for the first time in over a decade. Have high hopes for this and hope it somewhat delivers

Levyne

Banned
I don't even have that much free space on my SSD, which is where Steam is installed, so pre-load is a no go.

Clearly I am bad at planning ahead.

JaseC

Nice OT, can't wait for the game to be released.

I still hope that the Steam version (which I pre-ordered) will let me pre-load the game close to release. I wanna be able to play it as soon as I get home from work without having to download 50 GB first, which would take ~10 hours for me.

There'll most definitely be a pre-load period. The primary reason the functionality exists is so content servers aren't swamped on release day and Wolf14 is liable to be the largest pre-load yet as far as download size is concerned.

Seems silly that it says they won't be giving keys of Return to Wolfenstein until they release the main keys as well. Should give them to us now(we already paid) so we can play Return before New Order comes out!

JaseC

I don't even have that much free space on my SSD, which is where Steam is installed, so pre-load is a no go.

Clearly I am bad at planning ahead.

You can pre-load to a different drive by following these steps, but you'll still need enough free space on your SSD come release day.

Top Bottom