• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women with English accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Your assumption that there is one "English accent" is your downfall.

I still find it amazing people from one country think another country has one accent that covered the whole country. Do people from the north, south, west, and north of your own country all talk the same... NO!

So why would other countries?

Piecake

Keyser Soze said:
I still find it amazing people from one country think another country has one accent that covered the whole country. Do people from the north, south, west, and north of your own country all talk the same... NO!

Eh, I find most Americans speak pretty damn similar. At least if they are from a major city

Jintor

Keyser Soze said:

My subgroup recognisation system only goes so high!

It's like how everybody assumed there was only one possible asian accent

3N16MA

Banned
Gonaria said:
Eh, I find most Americans speak pretty damn similar. At least if they are from a major city

So people born and raised in NYC (Brooklyn) sound like people born and raised in Atlanta? Boston and New Orleans?

rataplein

tumblr_l75kprJELp1qd962oo1_400.gif

but, yah

Piecake

3N16MA said:
So people born and raised in NYC (Brooklyn) sound like people born and raised in Atlanta? Boston and New Orleans?

Ive studied abroad for quite a bit and got to know people from all over the country and I really didnt notice a difference between people for the east coast, south, midwest, etc. Course, that might just be an educational thing

Gonaria said:

I am not from the US and simply from TV shows and news channels. I know the difference between Bostonian, Texan, Chicano, Cajun, California, New York and Baltimore (The Wire!!) and more I cannot think off.

Same for the UK.

France, Spain, Italy and others are harder as they speak a different language are it is harder to pinpoint a region at the same time

Piecake

Keyser Soze said:
I am not from the US and simply from TV shows and news channels. I know the difference between Bostonian, Texan, Chicano, Cajun, California, New York and Baltimore (The Wire!!) and more I cannot think off.

Same for the UK.

France, Spain, Italy and others are harder as they speak a different language are it is harder to pinpoint a region at the same time

Sure, there are a lot of stereotypical accents, but I am from Minnesota and I sure as hell don't speak like someone in Fargo. Like I said, the people ive met, I really didnt notice much of a difference in accents. Of course, Ive never visited the East Coast, so if I go there that might change. But hey, I have been down to Texax (well, Austin), and I really didnt notice much of a difference in accents besides Ya'all.

RBH

Keyser Soze said:

It's a shameful thing.

Gonaria said:
Ive studied abroad for quite a bit and got to know people from all over the country and I really didnt notice a difference between people for the east coast, south, midwest, etc. Course, that might just be an educational thing

Fack you! We don't tahck like fackin' New Yorkers here in Baaaahston.

Not actually from Boston.

xbhaskarx said:
Boston - NYC - Jersey - Philly... the whole northeast region has awful accents.

Yeah but I wouldn't even put most other northeast accents at the top with Boston when ranking worst/most grating accents.

I think maybe the Wisconsin-area accent would be number 2, then maybe some southern/Appalachian ones, then we'd revisit the northeast again.

Cajun certainly wins worst southern accent.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Russian accents emphasize their awesomeness when they're moaning.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I would fuck the whole of the United Kingdom's accents. Doesn't even have to have a person attached. I'll fuck the soundwaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom