• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women with English accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
:bow Geordie accents and general northern stuff :bow2

Not my accent or me, but not a million miles away from mine (which i had to unlearn when i went to university as no one had a clue what i was saying) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuThGh4KMWs

Once i head home it takes a few days and i'm back fully fluent. Obviously this all makes perfect sense to me lol

I interviewed Cerys Matthew years ago - sexiest voice i've heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QcAN4EWoI

DanteFox

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I have an Australian accent. Nobody ever told me my voice was sexy :(
In the US having an Australian accent immediately gives you +1 in your attractiveness metric in the eyes of women.

teh_pwn said:
In the United States accents are largely a combination of region and population density. Exceptions are areas of longer history, like New Orleans, Chicago, Boston, etc. Rural Kentucky/TN/AL/TX, and large city accents differ little.

UK accents on the other hand, there seem to be so many variations. I get the impression it's because of such long history of smaller countries and class divide.
basically, though couple that with the country's long history of repeatedly getting invaded and the population running away in different directions. things are still changing a lot though; like, a lot of young british people who live in inner-city london now sound vaguely jamaican, and that'll probably become the dominant dialect soon.

DanteFox said:
In the US having an Australian accent immediately gives you +1 in your attractiveness metric in the eyes of women.

This is more than true. When I was in the US it became very apparent how much US women love our accent.

SmokyDave

I suspect the OP might not be so keen if he'd heard some of the thicker regional accents. Nobody from Doncaster ever sounded sexy.

The Shadow said:
It used to be a turn on for me, until I actually started meeting women with them. Maybe it's just coincidence but of the three English girls I've met, they were all tramps in the worst way.

Really shakes the perception you get watching TV tbh. :(
I can hear the knowing sighs of a thousand Englishmen.

Yeah, some of our women are pretty fucking trampy. I'm quite pleased with the situation to be honest.

teh_pwn said:
In the United States accents are largely a combination of region and population density. Exceptions are areas of longer history, like New Orleans, Chicago, Boston, etc. Rural Kentucky/TN/AL/TX, and large city accents differ little.

UK accents on the other hand, there seem to be so many variations. I get the impression it's because of such long history of smaller countries and class divide.

Consider the fact that while white Americans emigrated from across the Atlantic from various regions and then mixed, British accents and regional differences have existed for many centuries, as before canals and railways came about, hardly anybody ventured more than 30 or so miles from where they lived for their entire lives.

Things used to be very different, to the point where people from one region could not understand the other. I read this book about the development of language, and it talked about this account by sailors from London in the 11th or 12th century who stopped in Kent (not far from London at all) to buy some supplies. They went to a farm and asked a woman there if they could buy some eggs. Even with this relatively simple request, neither group could understand each other. It's amazing to think what effect the railway and better roads had on language.

Bleepey

SmokyDave said:
I suspect the OP might not be so keen if he'd heard some of the thicker regional accents. Nobody from Doncaster ever sounded sexy.

I can hear the knowing sighs of a thousand Englishmen.

Yeah, some of our women are pretty fucking trampy. I'm quite pleased with the situation to be honest.

I love your appreciatiom for sluts.

rataplein said:
tumblr_l75kprJELp1qd962oo1_400.gif

but, yah
Dat accent... probably would lol

SmokyDave

Bleepey said:
I love your appreciatiom for sluts.
Can't hate on a girl for getting some and enjoying it :)

If I was me, but female, I'd have a minge like a manhole after a month or two.

Oddly enough, my missus is a 'proper classy lady'. She's an Oxford accent and speaks with perfect pronunciation. The OP would cream his pants.

Natetan

British accents can be pretty foul. East london is gross.

I do like the general neutral british accent, but almost nobody actually speaks that way.

After living in the UK for awhile, I got over the whole idea that UK accents sound posh that we seem to think in the US. Some guy was in my office the other day with a brummy accent on the phone. Was like nails on chalkboard.

I much prefer standard American accent and language usage. I find british grammar to be odd, casual language to be awkwardly cute sounding (going on 'hols', 'brekkie', etc). Far too many french words in british english too.

Facism

Any of my us bredren come across a girl with a Birmingham accent? Could you take her seriously afterwards?

Bleepey

SmokyDave said:
Can't hate on a girl for getting some and enjoying it :)

If I was me, but female, I'd have a minge like a manhole after a month or two.

Oddly enough, my missus is a 'proper classy lady'. She's an Oxford accent and speaks with perfect pronunciation. The OP would cream his pants.

There's very little benefit to women being seen as whores if they sleep around. It just means it takes longer for you to get laid and they are more likely to say shit like "no we don't need another girl when we have sex" or "you're not putting that there, what kind of girl do you take me for?". See the bigger picture guys.

Burger

I'm seeing a girl with a well-to-do English accent (think a bit less posh than Big Suze from Peep Show), it's totally hot. I do bad impressions of it and she does bad impressions of my Kiwi accent. It's a fair trade.

Gibbo

It blew my mind when Rose Byrne did an interview in her native Australian accent. Thought she was american all the while

sadaiyappan

My mom barely speaks English even though she lived in the US for 30 years. There are aunties in India who speak better English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom