• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woody Harrelson Eyed to Play Han Solo’s Mentor in ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
every post-prequel Star Wars film has had a main character lose their father so maybe in this Han loses his mentor because CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
Luke lost both the man who raised him from birth and a father figure in A New Hope. He lost his birth father in Return of the Jedi.

Obi-Wan lost his father figure in TPM as well. And Anakin lost his mother in AOTC.

So yeah no it's not a post prequel thing. It's a Star Wars thing.

fisheyes

Can't wait for the movie about the mentor to Han's mentor!

Even though this is meant to be sarcastic, I wouldn't have a problem with this, because, presumably, it would be a movie that takes a further step away from the key cast of Episodes 1-9 while still maintaining some sort of link. This should hypothetically expand the universe of stories further.. as long as a movie about Han Solo's mentor didn't suddenly retcon him to being Obi Wan's best mate or something.

Randam

They have an entire universe and we're seeing a fucking Han Solo film. Well hopefully once they get it out of their system they can move on to more interesting topics.
Doubt we'll ever see a film that has nothing to do with the the original films and their characters.

robotrock

Banned
Yeah. I honestly hate the direction nuStar Wars has gone in. These spinoffs are just the worst fanfilm ideas given Disney budgets.

I feel this. I still think the anthology series is the coolest thing they're doing with this franchise since Disney bought Lucasfilm, but the stories they've picked for the movies are disappointing. Hoping once IX is out, we'll see some completely different movies that have no ties to the skywalker saga.
Doubt we'll ever see a film that has nothing to do with the the original films and their characters.
Really hope not

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
(From The Making of The Empire Strikes Back)

In the early drafts of Empire, Leia approaches Han early in the movie to talk to his stepfather about allying with the Rebellion. Han initially refuses, but by the end of the script he agrees and it ends with him and Chewie flying off in the Falcon to find the stepfather.

That Han stuff kinda reminds me of Indie's relationship with his dad.

Ein Bear

The talent behind this movie is seriously stacked.

But the whole concept of doing a young Han Solo spin-off is so cripplingly terrible that it feels like such a waste.

He's gonna be a mentor like Yondu is for Star-Lord. Everybody knows that only the elderly martial arts teacher or the magical negro actually teach stuff.

He's gonna be a mentor like Yondu is for Star-Lord. Everybody knows that only the elderly martial arts teacher or the magical negro actually teach stuff.

Hes-right-you.jpg

Luke lost both the man who raised him from birth and a father figure in A New Hope. He lost his birth father in Return of the Jedi.

Obi-Wan lost his father figure in TPM as well. And Anakin lost his mother in AOTC.

So yeah no it's not a post prequel thing. It's a Star Wars thing.

the odd one out - as always - being Empire, where Luke GAINS a father figure

ZOONAMI

Am I weird or does solo not seem like someone who would have a mentor?

He seems to shun authority figures all together, even illicit ones who have a price on his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom