• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/02: Netherlands Vs. Brazil, Ghana vs Uruguay |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

Netherlands to win, please.

Brazil, Argentina and Germany have won it too many times and I just can't bring myself to root for Spain like I can the Dutch. Uruguay will beat Ghana but will have no chance against the Dutch/Brazil.

markao

ColR100 said:
Brazil and Ghana will be the winners here I think.

Goodbye Holland and Uruguay.
holland_laughuu0w.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Vamo arriba la celeste q se puede!! :D

Haunted said:
Against Ghana or Uruguay? C'mon now. Not even Holland could choke so hard.

Honestly, there are two different classes of teams left in the cup, the potential winners:
Argentina
Brazil
Germany
Netherlands
Spain

...and those who will not win against any of the above:
Ghana
Paraguay
Uruguay

Uruguay and Ghana have been lucky to meet each other, or it'd be over for them already.
If we make ti to the finals, I'll quote this to hell and back :lol

Also, in the possible semis grudges, you were missing Uruguay-Brazil
the last time we got this far in a WC, in 1970, we lost in the semis vs Brazil D:

thy_ said:
Wikipedia says both Uruguay and Ghana don't have a national animal and neither does Paraguay. : /
it's better that way... because ours would be cows most likely anyways xD

Rubezh

My predictions!
Brazil - 2
Netherlands - 1

Uruguay - 1
Ghana - 0

I'm looking forward to Argentina vs Germany the most as it's going to be very close. If they were matched up differently I could have imagined them both easily in the final.

Clydefrog

Ephemeris said:
I'm just glad the WC is resuming tomorrow. The withdrawals were so bad, I'd watch the Japan-Paraguay again.

Seriously! Tomorrow morning is going to be bliss.

Actually, this World Cup has had me eating breakfast regularly! Waking up early to watch a game before work gives me time to make breakfast. Yesterday and today I woke up with just enough time to take a shower and head out. :(

I'll be wearing my Sneijder and Robinho jerseys one over the other tomorrow, I just dont give a fuck!!

Don't care who wins as long as its a good game and the winner takes it all....Brazil will win though :p

thy_

Just taking the coat of arms.

Uruguay: Ox
200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Uruguay.svg.png

Ghana: Eagle
200px-Heraldic_achievement_of_Ghana_from_1957_by_Alexander_Liptak.png

Paraguay: Lion
200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Paraguay_%28reverse%29.svg.png

We've got

Cat vs Bird
Bovine vs Bird
Cat vs Bird
Cat vs Bovine

Fio

skybaby said:
You don't even have lions in your country! Stop borrowing animals from Africa! :lol

I did a quick research on dutch fauna and boy do they have some scary chickens up there.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
uruguay/brazil and argentina/paraguay semis would be amazing. copa america world cup!!!

Haunted

Error said:
uruguay/brazil and argentina/paraguay semis would be amazing. copa america world cup!!!
Uruguay is favoured, Argentina and Brazil are toss-ups, Paraguay is the clear underdog.

All four South Americans advancing is pretty unlikely, but not impossible!

Could also be that no South American team reaches the semis. :eek: Ghana with the upset, Netherlands show their potential, Germany's victory was already predicted by the psychic octopus (!!) and Spain goes through with ease.

Also unlikely. But not impossible! :p

Visceir

Placed my bets on the game.

*halftime will end in a draw
*brazil will win the second half
*brazil will win the game

I have a feeling that holland will play a defensive game and try to score a goal with a quick counter attack, but I doubt that will work against brazil. We haven't really seen holland's true potential but we've seen what brazil is capable of. Holland will need a lot of luck to beat brazil.

Road

msv said:
Orange rules supreme

http://www.abload.de/img/uv_neon_orange_tutu_rabvhc.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.abload.de/img/stephanie-in-orangesw4m.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://www.abload.de/img/orange-bikini-22wud.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://www.abload.de/img/orange-bikinin7ud.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://www.abload.de/img/hot-orange-bikini-girl3v27.jpg[/IMG]
*Mental note: not open this thread tomorrow at work if I want to keep my job.*

Stridone

Banned
Visceir said:
Placed my bets on the game.

*halftime will end in a draw
*brazil will win the second half
*brazil will win the game

I have a feeling that holland will play a defensive game and try to score a goal with a quick counter attack, but I doubt that will work against brazil. We haven't really seen holland's true potential but we've seen what brazil is capable of. Holland will need a lot of luck to beat brazil.

Holland isn't going to play defensive game.

thy_

Haunted said:
Could also be that no South American team reaches the semis. :eek: Ghana with the upset, Netherlands show their potential, Germany's victory was already predicted by the psychic octopus (!!) and Spain goes through with ease.

What I'm rooting for.
CONMEBOL to crash and burn.

Visceir

Stridone said:
Holland isn't going to play defensive game.

Yea, I always thought that too but they've been defensive this world cup. Just take a look at the last game. It has made their games really boring. That tactic has brought them success this far so I don't really see them changing it.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
BRA NED going to be the best match in the tournament, calling that shit

Both teams are going to give it their all

Enosh

Teetris said:
BRA NED going to be the best match in the tournament, calling that shit

Both teams are going to give it their all
all the hype like bra - por

I am starting to have a bad feeling

Mindlog

X05 said:
Vamo arriba la celeste q se puede!! :D

If we make ti to the finals, I'll quote this to hell and back :lol

Also, in the possible semis grudges, you were missing Uruguay-Brazil
the last time we got this far in a WC, in 1970, we lost in the semis vs Brazil D:

it's better that way... because ours would be cows most likely anyways xD

VAMOS!

I'll be rooting for a Bajofondo final.

Steiner_Zi said:
World Cup 2010 Africa - Vuvuzela drone killing World Cup atmosphere http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtuxZfxpq0&NR=1

People are still crying about this?

Get over yourselves.

Also, do these whiners fail to realize that the majority of the people in the stadium should be fans of one of the teams playing? So, for example, during an england game, if you only hear vuvuzelas, it's because the english fans are using them?

Meanwhile, the mexico games, for example, had very clear "PUTO" when the other goalie kicked, and "OLE" when mexico kept possession.

Blame your own shitty rich fans.

msv

jamesinclair said:
People are still crying about this?
It's not like the people in the stadium are the 'real' fans. It's incredibly annoying and it's not gonna go away unless people complain about it.

So fuck you vuvuzela blowers! Ban those shitty horns FIFA COME ON.

edit: Wait, you said blame your shitty rich fans. Who says we don't? Shitty fans are obviously to blame, but so is the organisation for letting those horns in. What's next, thousands of people in there blasting tubas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom