• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Game Cup 2012 | Fighting game tournament in Cannes, France | February 17-19

Kikujiro

Not really, SF4 grand final was rather boring. The few matches before it were mad hype though!
SFxT was the first tourney of the day, so you'll find at the beginning of the archives.

Yeah, Alioune vs Tokido would have been much better.
My fellow EU players (mostly french players) did great, I hope to see them at Evo too, we need to show that we're as good as everbody else.

TGMIII

As someone who is from Ireland (Northern parts, those guys were from the south) and has came into interaction with the SF and marvel players on the stream I am sorry.

LakeEarth

Yeah, Alioune vs Tokido would have been much better.
My fellow EU players (mostly french players) did great, I hope to see them at Evo too, we need to show that we're as good as everbody else.

Grand finals are usually boring. Not always, but usually. It's like wrestling and UFC, the best match of the night is always the match 1-2 before the main event.

Westlo

As for the ticket to SS2K12. I'm upset to see that Tokido or Mago is going to win that ticket. Honestly I was rooting for one of those 2 to win the whole thing but I want the winner of the Euro qualifier to actually be from Europe. Reminds me of how Justin and Marn won the European SBO qualifiers from 3 years ago.

I'm upset because I know that Mago and Tokido would've been @ SS2K12 regardless. Like Ali (The head of Shadowloo) said last year, the first people on our list for the 2nd SS was our original 3 invites for the first one, Tokido, Mago & Gamerbee. If the Shadowloo Showdown trailer had premiered @ Ozhadou finals yesterday like it was suppose to (Bosslogic said it will be delayed a few weeks) I would've been supremely confident of those 3 and Poongko being in that trailer.

It's good for Ali though, he's a great guy and with Tokido winning this ticket it saves him a bit of money, but as a Cammy main and also as someone who wants to see Alioune pitted against an Top 32 Evo like or better field.... I'm disappointed. Hopefully Alioune goes to England, that shit will be free for him.

Team Mad Catz!

1st - MCZ.TTC Tokido 'The Murderface' (Akuma)
2nd - MCZ.TOPANGA Mago 2DGOD (Fei Long)

3rd - eLivePRO|Alioune (Cammy)

4th - MCZ.WDM Luffy (Rose)
T 5th - MCZ.WW Ryan 'Prodigal Son' Hart (Sagat)

T 5th - Fuudo (Fei Long)

<3

5th places don't get any prizes right?

Does anyone have the breakdown for prizes and a list of the top four for each game.

These brackets haven't been updated:

http://challonge.com/tournaments?tag=&name=WGC&category=&commit=Search

Top Bottom