• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy Demo is out! (PS4/PS Vita)

My first impression of the demo was, this is crap, and yes I always play on active, five speed battle. I've being doing that since ff7. I put it on classic menu too.

Wasn't till i started collecting bigger monsters like Behemoth the eye and that wolf where battle felt kinda cooler. Didn't really like being a jiant at all. Its cooler to ride one Giant beast then having 2 small beast on your head. To me anyway. I generally don't like chibi style, but I think it works for this game. Like if they didn't have big size at all i think it would be better honestly.

By the end of the demo I thought it was just ok, just a tad boring to be honest. I don't think its the type of game I would want to pay full price on ps4 for. Maybe in a sale or something.

I do see a bit of potential in the battle system though. Maybe something that would be super fun by the end. With lots of Fanservice summons, and giant awesome mounts.

But if you're still interested but think 60$ is too much for the PS4 version, there's also the vita version, which is 40$ (unless you don't have a vita). But I find this type of game more...suitable on an handheld than on a big screen (plus it helps me wait for FFXV!)

Tried both versions and it felt way better to me on Vita.
I wouldn't have the patience to sit and play a game like this on my PS4 any more but I'd happily play it on my commute to kill time.

cvicx_zvuaezbcgmbswm.jpg
The fact this is coming to the game is amazing.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Update version 1.01 is downloading.
1.130 GB
We've added online trading and battling,
updated Sephiroth (and his one wing) for smoother summoning,
and fixed various bugs. Enjoy

Japanese Voice Pack is 699MB

hemo memo

Gold Member
To use abilities you have to come across a tooltip sorta thing, then it activities the fantasy-mon comes out of his fantasy-ball and carries you over, you step on that tool tip again to get him to bring you back

this works for most tooltips, smash sizzle zap etc

but for joyriding + stroll (a mon stands beside you as you walk; 3 man party sorta thing), the directional buttons are there

the abilities are learnt via the mirage board; some people are gonna have slave mons for sure

I have Floating Eye with Flutter ability (Fly Reynn and Lann a short distance) but didn't know how to use.

anddo0

Tried both versions and it felt way better to me on Vita.
I wouldn't have the patience to sit and play a game like this on my PS4 any more but I'd happily play it on my commute to kill time.

Just finished the Vita demo and I feel the same way.
I just can't play certain games on the big screen.

TheOnlyStig

Neo Member
I'm really torn between this and Dragon Quest: Builders. I need a new game today, so I'll probably get the latter and wait for the reviews for WoFF.

zokie

I'm really torn between this and Dragon Quest: Builders. I need a new game today, so I'll probably get the latter and wait for the reviews for WoFF.

Both games are good in their own way but DQB has no cross save for vita version if you have the extra cash.

DQB has no further patches or dlc ( from the japanese build )

I would predict WoFF having extra dungeons or dlc in the future

TheOnlyStig

Neo Member
Both games are good in their own way but DQB has no cross save for vita version if you have the extra cash.

DQB has no further patches or dlc ( from the japanese build )

I would predict WoFF having extra dungeons or dlc in the future

No further content doesn't bother me as long as we get a game with a complete experience.

zokie

No further content doesn't bother me as long as we get a game with a complete experience.

well , having the chinese version of DQB.

i can say it's a mixture of building blocks and ARPG , if you like to build houses for your villagers and if you like games like legend of zelda , why not give DBQ a try by downloading the demo.

Alternatively you can watch some gameplay videos on youtube for both games.

Mbrill82

After playing the demo I'm sad to say this game just is not for me. Which is actually really disappointing, I need a new game to play and I really wanted to like it. I'm a huge fan of Japanese games in general and the cutesy style of the graphics in WoFF doesn't bother me, I just wasn't having any fun with it.

I still don't know why SE doesn't have the Vita version available for preorder on PSN :(. Gonna miss those bonuses.

I asked this before but didn't get an answer: does the Vita version lack some online features the PS4 has or do I remember wrong?

zokie

I still don't know why SE doesn't have the Vita version available for preorder on PSN :(. Gonna miss those bonuses.

I asked this before but didn't get an answer: does the Vita version lack some online features the PS4 has or do I remember wrong?

Yes , there is a vita version for preorder but only on the Japan store

the differences are just loading times and cosmetics , please take a look here
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/world-fi...a-versions-compared-einhander-mirage-gameplay

Quote from gematsu
The PS Vita version won’t, however, have Japanese voice-overs on the cartridge due to a lack of storage space. Square Enix will release the Japanese voice-overs as free downloadable conten
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/09/world-fi...einhander-mirage-gameplay#lJOCfz4b6WMlTtqa.99

DQB wasn't available for preorder on Vita and I still got all the day one stuff when I got it on release day.

echofive

Neo Member
I am so not into the chibi thing. That said:

I really, really enjoyed the game demo. Totally surprised me. I spent some time grinding through some battles to see how the skill points and all that worked - collected all the available mirages/pets in the demo and got a chibi stack setup; I was really pleased with it.

I can see how people might take it as "meh" or have certain expectations of it. I totally wrote it off because of the art style when announced... but I was really happy with the demo and bought the Day 1 PS4.

Like the demo just made me happy... what the hell is wrong with me.

Evilmaus

'We Got This Covered' put up a review 40 minutes ago.

Gave it a
4.5/5

Hopefully more filter through soon.

Also, for what it's worth, I've read elsewhere that the demo is literally just a rundown of the mechanics and isn't a decent vertical slice of the game.

Does this work fine on pstv? No reason not to, right?

I'd like to get the ps4 version tomorrow but I'm trading it in towards a pro so I'd be sitting on the game for 2 weeks unless I go with vita

I don't really play my handheld vita but having the option to do so would be kinda cool too

Begaria

That We Got this Covered review got me pretty hyped. A nonsensical, quirky, pokemon-esque Final Fantasy that covers the last 30 years sounds pretty good to me.

mcz117chief

Where's that OT?

My copy is in my mailbox, waiting for me to get back from work.

Hidden in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round OT. I can post it at any time, I'm just doing some last make-up work.

Are there some other threads I can link in the OT? Review thread or something?

Top Bottom