• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

Teknoman

I would like to thank anyone who appreciates my OP, it really means a lot to me reading those "Nice OT" posts. This is my second proper OT I have made so I am really glad that you people didn't call me out on my amateurism.

Pretty good imo. It explains what the game is, has some decent screenshots, gameplay explanations, and is to the point. Some OTs go too bananas with visuals and then you just loose focus on the actual purpose.

Nope, only Rydia is the party rep here sadly.
Aw dang it. He was the only reason I was justifying this purchase (yeah I know that sounds really dumb).

Well, guess I'll think about whether I should keep this or not.

Still, Rydia is the GOAT girl and I'm super glad she's in this.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hope this doesn't look too tragic graphically on the Vita as that's what I would get this on.

I wonder how much they had to cut down for the portable version? If this gets good reviews and has a fantastic story I don't want to miss out.

Zedark

Really sucks that I have to wait until Friday to play this (I'm a European scrub)

My go-to retailer usually gets me a backdoor shady deal where they send preorders a couple of days in advance (I got Tales of Zestiria 2 days early and ROTR a whopping 5 days early). Hope they fix me up with another such deal for this game as well (Dutch scrub here btw)!

mcz117chief

I still remain one of the few that liked Dirge of Cerberus.

You are not alone,

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

It's amazing that it's even getting a nod.

I cannot tell a lie, I was legit shook when they showed her for the 1st time

Zedark

Hope this doesn't look too tragic graphically on the Vita as that's what I would get this on.

I wonder how much they had to cut down for the portable version? If this gets good reviews and has a fantastic story I don't want to miss out.

People who played the vita version were really happy with its visual fidelity. They did note slightly long loading times, though.

fernoca

There's a demo, so you can see for yourself.

From the looks of it, this seems to be a Vita game that they ported to PS4. Visually outside lightning effects, aliasing and resolution they look quite close. And the Vita lacks online.

Harusame

My Collector's Edition should be arriving tomorrow (should be going through customs today). A bit more expensive than I thought due to shipping and USD to CDN conversion, but can't wait to play it nonetheless.

mcz117chief

Yeah I'm really excited for this to arrive in the mail. Always wanted a 2000 (already have the 1000 OLED model). I hope it looks as good in real life!

A shame this will never be sold outside of Japan and even if I were to import it I don't speak a lick of Japanese so I wouldn't even be able to navigate the menus :(

My Collector's Edition should be arriving tomorrow (should be going through customs today). A bit more expensive than I thought due to shipping and USD to CDN conversion, but can't wait to play it nonetheless.

I got free shipping in Eastern Europe, still, the beast cost me 120€

A shame this will never be sold outside of Japan and even if I were to import it I don't speak a lick of Japanese so I wouldn't even be able to navigate the menus :(

I got free shipping in Eastern Europe, still the beast cost me over 100€

Importing is annoying but luckily the language of the system can be changed to English so that it's no different than an America vita.

I think they are region free aside from the two buttons being swapped in menus I got my wife a pink 2000 a while back from play Asia and just set it to English.

Edit: Beaten like Trump on election day

Razmos

My go-to retailer usually gets me a backdoor shady deal where they send preorders a couple of days in advance (I got Tales of Zestiria 2 days early and ROTR a whopping 5 days early). Hope they fix me up with another such deal for this game as well (Dutch scrub here btw)!
I bought it through Amazon because I used a £25 gift card and a £2 discount on top of the cheap price. They always tend to deliver it on the day like they are supposed to (lame.)

fernoca

You can change the language of the units. My PS4 and Vita are white and japanese, both are in english.

The only difference is confirming choices in the menu with Circle, but everything else is the same.

mcz117chief

You can change the language of the units. My PS4 and Vita are white and japanese, both are in english.

The only difference is confirming choices in the menu with Circle, but everything else is the same.

Right, but the problem is that it is sold out on Play Asia. Looks like I will have to buy a used one later down the line.

Caim

Great OP!

My copy came in the other day and I'm loving it so far.

I wasn't a fan of the chibi designs in the beginning, but it's starting to grow on me.

Kyrios

Just got the email that my copy will be in tomorrow. Amazon is cutting it close lately. Usually get shipment confirmations Sunday night.

Kouriozan

Have it pre-ordered but still playing Builders and far from finishing it >.<
Really hyped to get a legit Final Fantasy experience.

People will have to show off their CEs!

I still remain one of the few that liked Dirge of Cerberus.

DoC was fun, and it made Reeve one of my favourite FFVII characters. I liked DoC better than Crisis Core, it didn't undermine the original FFVII story/characters (and iconic scenes) quite as much. Crisis Core had a great ending, at least.

tdwig

Neo Member
I woke up today with a mission to stop myself from buying this game. Mission unsuccessful I'm caving fast.

Top Bottom