• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

Played through the demo again on the vita since that's what it looks like I'll end up going with. Gotta say, active battle feels so much better to me than the wait I used for the ps4 demo. On the other hand, the basic menu is a million times worse than the classic lol. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Edit: I'm thinking my regular set up is going to be Reyn in chibi mode and Lann in big mode. Don't really like Reyn's looks in big mode, and she's so cute in chibi mode. If there is one knock on this game I think it is the main characters are kinda bland. Maybe that'll change once we see their personalities in the main game.

How does active work? Because I only tried semi-active and it felt pretty active to me.

giphy.gif

I don't understand why people dislike her so much, she is so cute and fun :)
I know right! She's a silly character in the sense she brings humor to the XIII games.

Hoping I can find a PS4 CE/LE tomorrow at Target to include in the B2G1 sale. Anyone know if all launch copies are the Day One version??

I can't believe they actually put in Shelke. Never even crossed my mind that Square-Enix would care about representing Dirge of Cerberus. Then again, they also have the ship from Einhander as an enemy so why not!

Can't wait for the game to unlock in a few hours. Enjoyed the demo.

SOLDIER

I can't believe they actually put in Shelke. Never even crossed my mind that Square-Enix would care about representing Dirge of Cerberus. Then again, they also have the ship from Einhander as an enemy so why not!

Can't wait for the game to unlock in a few hours. Enjoyed the demo.

Shelke is legit cool and I would love to see her as a party member in an FFVII sequel.

I think she brings a potentially interesting dynamic as the new third girl of the group by being more cynical and blunt about things.

Can't wait to face this bad boy (
Ultima Weapon
)

Hnnnnng so cool.

Shelke is legit cool and I would love to see her as a party member in an FFVII sequel.

I think she brings a potentially interesting dynamic as the new third girl of the group by being more cynical and blunt about things.

I agree with you. Probably the best of the Deepground characters they introduced. Then again I also enjoyed a majority of the Final Fantasy VII Expanded Universe.

Lucreto

I have been watching a few videos and I love the quirkiness of the game. The VA is over the top in a good way.

I have to wait until Friday today it and I don't want to spoil more of the game for myself.

I see Chocolina is in the game but calls herself Chocolatte.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Great OT, but the fact that you want us to use the "light" theme means we cant be friends lol.

I kinda wished that this game was done only in the chibi style as personally hate the "Nomura" design look with the characters in their normal size...

Regardless of that still looking forward to this coming out soon

My Collector's Edition should be arriving tomorrow (should be going through customs today). A bit more expensive than I thought due to shipping and USD to CDN conversion, but can't wait to play it nonetheless.

The collector's edition looks awesome, I almost bought it despite not being that interested in the game

Kyolux

PSA: Would need someone else to confirm. But I have the physical Limited Edition.

I redeemed the digital code that came with it. And it was the whole Digital Day one edition that came with it.

Considering selling my physical copy if the digital version still works in a day or two. (I got it for cheap too)

RPGCrazied

Had fun with the demo, my LE will be here tomorrow. Only thing I'm worried about is the story, GI said it was awful. Well, at least it has one and it seems long?

fernoca

PSA: Would need someone else to confirm. But I have the physical Limited Edition.

I redeemed the digital code that came with it. And it was the whole Digital Day one edition that came with it.

Considering selling my physical copy if the digital version still works in a day or two. (I got it for cheap too)
That's weird. Did it preloaded the full game?

1337Sauce

I would still keep my copy because I am getting it super cheap from Amazon.ca, but holy shit if this is true.

Kyolux

That's weird. Did it preloaded the full game?

I already had the disc base version installed. So it wouldn't let me download it. But there was the 8.7 gb or something like that download available, only called "World of Final Fantasy". So pretty sure this it.

I would still keep my copy because I am getting it super cheap from Amazon.ca, but holy shit if this is true.

Yeah, I got it for 41.99 CAD. But I'd sell it toward more PS VR games.

MrDaravon

This has been maybe my most anticipated game this year, or at least from the last 6+ months. My copy should be here from Amazon tomorrow, and the guide will be here Wednesday. The GI review more or less lined up with my expectations of the story will probably be total crap but it's at least decent gameplay-wise. I'm a total sucker for cross-over/fanservice stuff and I was fine with the demo so I should be on board.

I'm curious if there will be any other character representation we haven't seen; having only Rydia as the sole FF4 rep is kind of weird, but then zero representation from 2 or 12 is super weird. Also people keep mentioning DLC, but have they actually said any sort of DLC is coming to this at all?

1337Sauce

I already had the disc base version installed. So it wouldn't let me download it. But there was the 8.7 gb or something like that download available, only called "World of Final Fantasy". So pretty sure this it.

Yeah, I got it for 41.99 CAD. But I'd sell it toward more PS VR games.

At first I was wondering what you meant by 41.99, but then I remembered the thirty percent off of the 59.99 shown on the order page. Was considering cancelling after I played the demo but knowing the launch price here in Canada I just couldn't pass it up since I love Final Fantasy.

Amazon has really been coming clutch with some my games. Titanfall, FF XV and Watch_Dogs 2 for 50 each to look forward to as well!

fernoca

Guess we'll know in a few hours. If it's a widespread issue it will be fixed so you should keep the disc just in case.

Totally forgot I still had a free prima guide code from back when they were giving them out from doing the survey. Spent it on this game's e-guide, though it doesn't unlock till tomorrow. I can't even remember the last time I used a guide. Wonder how in depth this will be, though I am probably only going to be looking at monster stats for team building probably.

finalflame

Gold Member
Is this game good for oldschool FF lovers? My fave is IX. Might Prime Now a PS4 Slim if so, that way I can play it tonight.

Exentryk

Totally forgot I still had a free prima guide code from back when they were giving them out from doing the survey. Spent it on this game's e-guide, though it doesn't unlock till tomorrow. I can't even remember the last time I used a guide. Wonder how in depth this will be, though I am probably only going to be looking at monster stats for team building probably.

Guide looks decent enough:

XJF

I always get Game/Guide/OST for Final Fantasy and Star Ocean games. Collector in me needs them!

My preorder from Amazon for Game+Guide changed the delivery date from Tuesday to Thursday, so I called my Gamestop because I know the manager to check availability and he said he had them in the back already so I cancelled Amazon and got it from GS even though I generally despise them.

Game looks amazing, can't wait to get lost in it over the next few days!

So WoFF comes out tomorrow but there are still no reviews (other than GI's) up? That must mean the review embargo lifts on release day, which suggests an uncharacteristic lack of confidence coming from Square. How odd.

I'm in day one anyway because I'm such a huge FF fan and I love this game's vibe from what I've played of it, but I wonder if there's a real quality concern here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So WoFF comes out tomorrow but there are still no reviews (other than GI's) up? That must mean the review embargo lifts on release day, which suggests an uncharacteristic lack of confidence coming from Square. How odd.

I'm in day one anyway because I'm such a huge FF fan and I love this game's vibe from what I've played of it, but I wonder if there's a real quality concern here.

Tonight at midnight EDT.

Mercador

I don't like that as well. I expect a 75-80 meta score and, for me, it will not be enough to pay full price for it, I'll just wait a few months, still have Xcom 2 to finish.

One of the most enticing inclusions in the demo's options menu is the "Battle Music" option. Does anyone know how this works? Do you actually unlock various legacy FF battle themes that you can set to play during battles? Because if so, that's so fucking cool and exactly the kind of thing that would appeal to an FF and VGM nerd like myself. <3

That's playing it wrong then.

Oh, get out of here with that elitist nonsense. There's no "wrong" way to play a game, there's only one way: the way that's right for you. No one gets to decide what that is for other people.

Why must at least one person in every fanbase act like this?

Kyolux

Oh, get out of here with that elitist nonsense. There's no "wrong" way to play a game, there's only one way: the way that's right for you. No one gets to decide what that is for other people.

Why must at least one person in every fanbase act like this?

Gosh, I should have added /s. Of course you play it as you want.

And considering the amount of skills there seems to be. I may play this one in wait mode too. Will have to see once I reach the first few fights.

Top Bottom