• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

y2RQwb6.png

This picture right here made me decide. Not having option in the demo made the fights sooo slow, this will speed things up.

CHEERS

Thats not different than the demo...

Luigi87

Any online guides/wikis/resources thus far?
Yes, I'm here for the collectathon

Aside from some getting their hands early on the game, at least wait for it to come out, lol.

I'm actually amazed this is launching in North America first.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm sad I missed out on the free Prima eGuide. Is it any good?

Reviews sold me on the game. Story seems iffy but everyone seems positive on the gameplay and nostalgia. Story I can skip, but I need the good core.

jb1234

I've read like ten reviews now and the general consensus is that the story and characters (especially the leads) are very iffy (use that fast-forward button, two reviewers said) but that the general core of the game is solid. I'll probably wait for a price cut, personally as I have too many JRPGs to play right now.

The Prima eGuide seems to be very good. Just reading up on the mechanics right now to waste time until I can play it tomorrow lol. I won't be using the guided walkthrough though, I like to play my games relatively blind.

Talax

Why do cutscene voices options go to "off" when I try to select Japanese voice? I didn't select in the end because that sounded like cutscenes might not be voiced. :/

_woLf

Ugh, I really wish I could afford this but Civ 6 and Battlefield 1 wrecked my wallet. Hopefully I can pick this up sometime.

kunonabi

I have no words for how much I'm loving this game right now. This might be the most fun I've had with a square game since ffx-2.

So does anyone know if this game is compatible with the Playstation TV? speaking for the vita version obviously. Can't find anything about it anywhere else.

tdwig

Neo Member
Honestly can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game right now! Extremely charming & fun. Definitely a long intro, but thoroughly explains all the mechanics that the demo did not. I can already feel the gameplay hooks grabbing at me.

Ray Down

Banned
Man this start is boring.

It's still boring an hour in for me so far...

Jesus even fast forwarding talking to the Queen I swear that cut scene is 4 minutes long. I don't want to imagine this game with KH1 unskipable cut scenes.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Giving this game 8 really surprises me. If based on gameplay alone, I could agree simply cause the systems are really good.

However, the game is so insultingly easy that I never once felt challenged. Using skills instead of the basic attacks generally just made the battles last longer. For a lot of the game I could one-shot most enemies.

Add to that a boring story and an extremely generic and uninspired cast, and well, you've got yourselves a fairly boring game.

It's very charming though. But the chibi style wore thin pretty quickly.

Razmos

I love the madness that led to fucking Shelke being in this

Is she really popular in Japan?
She's an eternally unageing middle schooler with dual beam swords and super speed, what do you think?
I actually don't know but it seems like Japan would love her lol

Top Bottom