• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

Demoskinos

Okay, spent about 3 1/2 hours with it. My first read on the game is that its charming as hell and seems to have the game play chops and hooks to keep me interested enough to try to find and capture all the mirages. Art direction and style are fantastic as is the music. The story and well more specifically the dialogue is equal parts endearing and cringeworthy. Although I can't help but feel that some of the writing was not meant for me a 31 year old dude. A lot of the jokes and humorous parts feel for sure like they were written for kids half my age. Also I love tama but I also fucking hate her as well. I'm equally torn on that as well.

Overall I can see this holding me down for the coming month until FFXV proper. Can't wait until I get some more time to dump into this.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'm still waiting for S-E Store to ship it... my guess it's that I'll get it after the game officially releases lol. Such a good service!

Caim

I'm still waiting for S-E Store to ship it... my guess it's that I'll get it after the game officially releases lol. Such a good service!

I think if you order it at a certain time it's pretty much guaranteed to come after release. It's why I never really order from them. /:

sphinx

the piano man
anyone knows how the online mode works? couldn't find anything on the OP.

also, do we know if there any trophies that require online???

Darkone

Anyone found the game challenging?
i am afraid to spend the 60$ only to stop in the middle because of it being to easy.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
i am afraid to spend the 60$ only to stop in the middle because of it being to easy.

I can't imagine any scenario where this game at any point will be challenging to anyone. I hardly ever heal unless I find some secret super enemy somewhere. That's how easy it is.

AmanoBuff

If my Vita is set to region 1 (USA) and I get the game for region 3 (I live in South East Asia) will the dlc work? Or do I have to create a region 3 PSN account?

And if I create a region 3 PSN account to get the DLC, will I have to format my memory card to use it in that region?

Thanks in advance for any reply, I really want to start playing but I wanted to check this first before spending on a physical copy.

blueweltall

Neo Member

There's a cutoff date to get release date delivery and most of the time if you order by the cutoff date you will get it before release day..

Mercador

Question for those who have the game; is it possible to put subtitles in French in the NA edition? I would mainly get it to play with my daughter and she Can't read English yet. Thanks!

Skulldead

My biggest fear, the demo was way too easy overall.... the overall game can't be that easy... right ?

This is why a hard mode should always exist in these kind of RPG(like digimon US version).

Exentryk

Some info on battle modes.

ACTIVE
In Active mode, all characters take turns without hesitation. This means that while you’re thinking of a turn, the enemy can still attack, as many times as their speed allows. Use this mode if you like a blend of speed and challenge. You’ll have to think fast. If you can combine Active mode with use of the Basic battle system, you’ll have an edge in defeating enemies with the least interruption to battle flow.

SEMI-ACTIVE
Semi-Active lets you switch your approach depending on which battle menu you’re using, allowing for versatility. If you have the Classic menu open, enemies will wait for you to take a turn before attacking, one at a time. If you have the Basic menu open, enemies will attack without waiting, just like in Active mode.

WAIT
When any of your party members’ turns come up, time stops until you take action, period. Use that time to decide exactly the right action to take.

Wait mode is for those who like to think out every turn, and thus, it’s best combined with the Classic battle menu.

Darkone

My biggest fear, the demo was way too easy overall.... the overall game can't be that easy... right ?

This is why a hard mode should always exist in these kind of RPG(like digimon US version).

From a few reviews i read the only challenge fights will be in Boss fights which is a bummer, they may add a hard mode or something in a future update but i cannot wait that long :(.

mcz117chief

From a few reviews i read the only challenge fights will be in Boss fights which is a bummer, they may add a hard mode or something in a future update but i cannot wait that long :(.

If you play the game on active and at maximum speed you will have a tough time

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GamesRadar's (3/5) review seems to emphasize that the game pretty much loses all challenge about 15 hours in (halfway) because there are way too many opportunities to make your mirages/characters way more powerful than your enemies and you can just spam physical attacks and heal your way out of anything, it seems. Dungeons get worse and gameplay seemingly more repetitive too.

Pretty much this. You can always over level yourself and make the game trivial.

Well there's a large difference between sitting down a few hours grinding to overlevel yourself/using tricks to get some overpowered item/summon/whatever early on, and just being overpowered from playing the game as intended due to poor scaling. If it's the latter, it's a shame, as even most modern FFs do still keep a certain amount of challenge at times if you don't grind. Like not crazy hard or anything, but still enough that you can't keep the accept button pressed on and afk through everything including boss fights.

Wether or not that's an exageration in that review though is hard to tell for now.

Exentryk

So you're saying it's a Final Fantasy game?

Pretty much. As long as the combat system has depth, the difficulty doesn't bother me. I'll find my own challenges like beating bosses in minimum amount of turns, minimum damage taken, etc. FFXIII games were the same, where the system was rewarding IF you wanted to get in to it. It's up to the player.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
So "Semi-Active" is like the Wait mode from other Final Fantasies where time only stops in sub menus? Sounds like the mode for me since I'm always slow finding the right spell and such.

can u use cure spells out of combat?

According to the guide you can.

"To use higher-level spells out of combat (e.g. Cura instead of Cure), select the Stacked option by pressing OPTIONS. Spell usage will then split the AP cost across an entire stack."

Skulldead

GamesRadar's (3/5) review seems to emphasize that the game pretty much loses all challenge about 15 hours in (halfway) because there are way too many opportunities to make your mirages/characters way more powerful than your enemies and you can just spam physical attacks and heal your way out of anything, it seems. Dungeons get worse and gameplay seemingly more repetitive too.

This is was my biggest fear, so i'll pass. Too bad was looking good...

Z3M0G

It's still boring an hour in for me so far...

Jesus even fast forwarding talking to the Queen I swear that cut scene is 4 minutes long. I don't want to imagine this game with KH1 unskipable cut scenes.

Is this voiced dialogue or just text that you must read?

AerialAir

Banned
Pretty much. As long as the combat system has depth, the difficulty doesn't bother me. I'll find my own challenges like beating bosses in minimum amount of turns, minimum damage taken, etc. FFXIII games were the same, where the system was rewarding IF you wanted to get in to it. It's up to the player.

This. It might not be perfect, but I'm gonna play this and enjoy it, even if it isn't as good as we all wished.

Z3M0G

Sounds perfect to me. After 15 hours I'd just want to over-power plow my way through anyways.

Top Bottom