• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
When you could get a free month for rezzing someone it was hard as hell and a race. Now it's like, meh, I don't even want to keep track of different characters I recruited people on.

But, sorry, already done the 2 I can do today.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sometimes I really hate the WoW community.

People haven't seen the Pandaren female and already complaining.

Christ.

They don't exactly have a good track record with Worgen females, and we all know it's going to have tits and a weird female face, which is stupid. At least Tauren Female essentially had "male" faces.

Enosh

think I'll pick this up again, was watching some videos and kinda drew me back in ^^
can't make use of the scroll since I don't have my old acc anymore...

how are fury warriors these days? thinking of playing a melee dps since I did a caster last time
might switch to death knight once I get to the level where I can

think I'll pick this up again, was watching some videos and kinda drew me back in ^^
can't make use of the scroll since I don't have my old acc anymore...

how are fury warriors these days? thinking of playing a melee dps since I did a caster last time
might switch to death knight once I get to the level where I can

Can allways use Recruit a friend though! which id be happy to sort you out with :D

Wish I was able to make use of the rez scroll, I want a druid at 80! just not bad enough to run through the entire game again.. stalled at Northrend on my shammy. Annoyingly I prefer healing but having to keep a healset and leveling set uptodate is not much fun!

Enosh

Can allways use Recruit a friend though! which id be happy to sort you out with :D!
yeah just read about this feature, I'll buy the game "soonish", maybe this week, maybe next, probably just wow+tbc+wrath, will wait with cataclysm a bit, don't want to waste 60€ if it turns out I won't enjoy it afterall, 30€ is a much smaller hit ^^

Measley

Wow at Shaman MoP talents not being finished yet.

I think its time to reroll. Being a Shaman in WoW is so frustrating, and Blizzard always seems to treat the class like a red-headed step child. Their abilities and talents just seem like a cobbled up mess after each expansion, and I got a feeling that MoP won't be any different.

Kind of mad at myself for logging back into WoW after a year hiatus last month. I could have used that scroll. :-(

Echoplx

Just tamed my first Spirit Beast after trying on and off for the last few days, did one last circuit of Northrend before bed and found Gondria, I still want Loque'nahak because he looks awesome but this will do for now :D

Got a Scroll of Rez so I'm back. Soo...are the DS raids any good? I'm at a 367 gear rating, should qualify for them soon

Pretty bummed that the raid finder doesn't work for older raids

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got a Scroll of Rez so I'm back. Soo...are the DS raids any good? I'm at a 367 gear rating, should qualify for them soon

Pretty bummed that the raid finder doesn't work for older raids

They're... ok. Just ok. Don't expect any unique boss design other than Deathwing or unique raid zone design since its all in Dragonblight, flying ship from ICC, Eye of Eternity and Maelstrom. This is what is mostly disappointing in this raid imo. It makes sense lorewise to be in Dragonblight and Maelstrom...but its boring to see such old stuff.

CzarTim

It's dumb that the scroll of rez takes so long. I woke up, excited to get my character to 80, installed/patched the game, got a gaffer to invite me, and now it's been 12 hours with no sign of it. Way to kill my buzz.

Darb

Neo Member
It's dumb that the scroll of rez takes so long. I woke up, excited to get my character to 80, installed/patched the game, got a gaffer to invite me, and now it's been 12 hours with no sign of it. Way to kill my buzz.

Check the rewards section directly on your Battle.net account page. It will be there despite not receiving the email.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If they look anything like these:

r1p30.jpg

I'll be happy!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Can anyone with a spare Scroll of Resurrection kindly send one my way ? Want to see what WoW is like now, haven't played in ages.

Thanks!

Edit: Got it!

Scrolls get sent at end of day. Yeah, it's pretty stupid.

Mount Hyjal is world PvP to the max right now because of scroll. Couple of friends came back, and we've had to guard them through Mt. Hyjal because it's a constant fight-fest.

Enosh

soo picking this up again, should get the game in 2-3 days, doing the free trial thingy until then ^^

decided on playing a warrior, but what is a good server to roll on (EU)? Pref alliance and pve one

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They're... ok. Just ok. Don't expect any unique boss design other than Deathwing or unique raid zone design since its all in Dragonblight, flying ship from ICC, Eye of Eternity and Maelstrom. This is what is mostly disappointing in this raid imo. It makes sense lorewise to be in Dragonblight and Maelstrom...but its boring to see such old stuff.

Just finished a DS raid. Couldn't get into my guild's run, so I found a nice group that was half pug and half of one of the better guilds on the server. We went 5/8 pretty fast, but folks had to leave after a few wipes on the battleship boss

It was pretty fun. Reminded me of Ulduar in terms of having a nice mixture of interesting boss fights in an epic environment; I'd imagine the hard modes are far more interesting. I tanked with no knowledge of any of the fights yet we cruised through The Siege of Wyrmrest Temple with just one wipe (after I fucked up on Warlord Zon'ozz).

Had an ugly wipe on Ultraxion due to me not understanding the fight, and not having my extra addon bar enabled. We beat him on the second try but I was still messing up; I'll have to look that fight up, whereas everything else was straight forward.

The battleship isn't quite the lootship from ICC lmao; it seems challenging enough. Our dps wasn't getting the dragons down in time, then folks bailed.

I definitely like this raid more than the other Cata raids, which were good but just felt a bit stale aesthetically. I'm kind of tired of dungeon settings, lava pits, etc. Wyrmrest/Dragonblight was one of my fave areas of the Wrath expansion, I love snow zones...so yea, right up my alley.

edit: I also got to 372 gear rating pretty fast due to the new instances, plus valor points. Jeez, it's so easy to get valor. Remember when you'd only get them for doing the daily or special instance once a day? You can get them by doing each of the 3 DS instances, plus one random Cata dungeon lol.

J-Roderton

After quitting WoW after I got my main up to 56, I'm now back and playing after the scroll thing at level 81. The thing is, I haven't finished all of the BC, Lich King content. Can I still go back and fight all of the bosses and stuff like that? Are they basically dungeons?

After quitting WoW after I got my main up to 56, I'm now back and playing after the scroll thing at level 81. The thing is, I haven't finished all of the BC, Lich King content. Can I still go back and fight all of the bosses and stuff like that? Are they basically dungeons?

Dungeons and stuff, yeah, you can hop right in and blaze through them.

For raids, you'll need a couple people with you. Some classes can solo the BC raids, but it's better to be on the safe side.

As for Wrath, you could probably solo the normals at 85 - I'm not sure about heroics.

For raids, again, you'll need some people.

Just finished a DS raid. Couldn't get into my guild's run, so I found a nice group that was half pug and half of one of the better guilds on the server. We went 5/8 pretty fast, but folks had to leave after a few wipes on the battleship boss

It was pretty fun. Reminded me of Ulduar in terms of having a nice mixture of interesting boss fights in an epic environment; I'd imagine the hard modes are far more interesting. I tanked with no knowledge of any of the fights yet we cruised through The Siege of Wyrmrest Temple with just one wipe (after I fucked up on Warlord Zon'ozz).

Had an ugly wipe on Ultraxion due to me not understanding the fight, and not having my extra addon bar enabled. We beat him on the second try but I was still messing up; I'll have to look that fight up, whereas everything else was straight forward.

The battleship isn't quite the lootship from ICC lmao; it seems challenging enough. Our dps wasn't getting the dragons down in time, then folks bailed.

I definitely like this raid more than the other Cata raids, which were good but just felt a bit stale aesthetically. I'm kind of tired of dungeon settings, lava pits, etc. Wyrmrest/Dragonblight was one of my fave areas of the Wrath expansion, I love snow zones...so yea, right up my alley.

edit: I also got to 372 gear rating pretty fast due to the new instances, plus valor points. Jeez, it's so easy to get valor. Remember when you'd only get them for doing the daily or special instance once a day? You can get them by doing each of the 3 DS instances, plus one random Cata dungeon lol.

I still have no real clue how Ultraxion works, I think im doing everything im supposed to do but I still drop dead.
Its the only fight I actually die on!

God I hate my server, nobody in the guild im in really talks and I cant seem to find one that raids ANYTHING as id rather be tanking Lich king than sat in Org!
On the plus side Archeology is massively improved, infact im almost up to cap! Only found the epic elf robe though.

Bisnic

I still have no real clue how Ultraxion works, I think im doing everything im supposed to do but I still drop dead.
Its the only fight I actually die on!

I'm still not sure how the whole "Fading Light" thing works for tanks against this boss, even on LFR. It's the only reason i still havent tank there. No way im going to deal with 24 pugs screaming at me. I think i heard that you need to taunt the boss if the other tank has Fading Light on him, but do you need to use the purple button if you have Fading Light on you too?

Nugg

I'm no tank, but from what I understand, the current tank will always get fading light. You need to hit that purple button in order to survive. But, when you'll be back, you won't be able to generate threat for a few seconds, so the other tank must taunt him from you as soon as you get fading light to be safe.

short version:
you get fading light -> purple button
the other tank gets fading light -> taunt

Also, one of you, usually the one with aggro, must soak the twilight hour. Just don't click the purple button, pop a cooldown and you'll be fine.

For those who still die from fading light: the purple button will cover you for 5 seconds, that's it. When you get fading light, be aware of the duration of it, it's not always the same. It can be 8 seconds, it can be 2, and it can be anything inbetween. And it hits when it fades. So, if you get a 2 seconds fading light, hit the purple button right away, you actually have to be very quick. If you get a 8 seconds fading light, if you hit the purple button right away, you'll die, because it will be over when it actually matters. Wait for the fading light to be under 5 seconds, and go.

Bisnic

It's hard to believe its the same game that was released 7 years ago, with its goddamn ugly races(oh wait, they're still there! At least we got new prettier ones), blurry textures and blocky trees.

Also, thanks Nugg for Ultraxion. Guess it shouldnt be that hard. On LFR Madness of Deathwing, i need to taunt when the other tank have Impale on him right? Nothing else special?

Nugg

Also, thanks Nugg for Ultraxion. Guess it shouldnt be that hard. On LFR Madness of Deathwing, i need to taunt when the other tank have Impale on him right? Nothing else special?
I really don't know. I know we do it with one tank, but our guy is a beast. The only tricky part is the final phase (head), when there's two big adds coming.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Man I want to hear some more new info on the Monk class. Especially the healing aspect. Being able to heal by dealing damage sounds great, hopefully they didn't scrap that.

Bisnic

Man I want to hear some more new info on the Monk class. Especially the healing aspect. Being able to heal by dealing damage sounds great, hopefully they didn't scrap that.

You can already do that with Disc priests, although i have no idea if its as efficient at lvl 85 than it is while lvling.

Door2Dawn

Banned
You can already do that with Disc priests, although i have no idea if its as efficient at lvl 85 than it is while lvling.
Ah I meant main healing in raids and groups. I mean, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a martial artist to be standing in the back healing with the other healers right? I want to heal dudes with my fists!

The only ability we have right now is that jade serpent thing.

Measley

Ah I meant main healing in raids and groups. I mean, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a martial artist to be standing in the back healing with the other healers right? I want to heal dudes with my fists!

The only ability we have right now is that jade serpent thing.

One of the devs were saying that one of the things they might do is allow the Monk's Roll ability to heal your allies while in the healing stance. I hope that makes it. It would be quite awesome.

Anyway, I'm mostly looking forward to the last 3 Shaman talents, and the Monk class' talents and ability list. If the Shaman talents remain lackluster, I'm deleting my level 85 and rerolling. The current Shaman MoP talents are awful.

Top Bottom