• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 0/10 Completed Anime?

Berserk 2017 is a complete travesty. Not even the strength of the source material can redeem it.

CpxY1z5UkAAMnat.jpg

Chargeman Ken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoaHMOp5uM

Absolutely not. This show is a treasure and should be cherished.

Resonance

Tokyo Ghoul. Fuck that show. Throw it in the damn trash.
I only finished it (or will soon) because it was on Toonami. I wouldn't watch that show on something like Crunchyroll if you paid me.

I recommend reading the manga, the anime was very rushed

I have such a vendetta against the manga, and its fanbase in particular.

No, throwing in Kafka references and hidden numbers doesn't make it the best piece of modern literature in the world.

The manga itself fantastic, but who is claiming that? lol

Nicolada

Another one to add to the pile is Gundam G Reco. I tried to watch it but keep dropping it. It is the worst gundam show when AGE part 3 was king of that crown for a long ass time.
I still have never seen anyone give a genuinely good reason for why G-Reco is supposedly so bad besides them not being able to pay attention to everything that's going on.

Remk

You guys are listing shows that at least have some redeeming aspects.
You want stuff from the depths of hell like the Eiken OVA.

An hour of animation that tries to be funny and full of fan service but is just a bunch nonsense with the worst female body designs ever created.

I am not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea to create this thing

Pupa. Why the fuck did I ever sit through all of Pupa? Even as a horror fan, that was just too much.

Also, Demon Lord Dante. The awful adaptation of a pretty good manga series that inspired Devilman. Instead of getting a Devilman-type anime, I got some confusing horrid story with no character development, bad animation, annoying voice acting, and it was just plain boring as shit.

MadeULook

Martin Successor Nadisco: Prince of Darkness is right up there. On it's own merits it's decent but it makes some of the weirdest story decisions and makes zero sense unless you played the game for the Playstation that connects the TV anime and the movie.

Said game also never came outside of Japan so you're SOL unless you imported.

Sometimes you keep watching because someone told you it gets really good or because it's a sequel to an anime you love, so you keep watching hoping it will get better

Oh, that reminds me:

1380310_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_2f4ee2e9-7457-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

-1i/10
This series will never stop mocking me.

Get that shit outta here. It only makes me feel disappointed all over again.

You guys are listing shows that at least have some redeeming aspects.
You want stuff from the depths of hell loke the Eiken OVA.

An hour of animation that tries to be funny and full of fan service but is just a bunch nonsense with the worst female body designs ever created.

I am not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea to create this thing

The OVA also had cringey semen and shit jokes.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Guilty Crown was the biggest pile of shit filled dumpster fire mixed with rotten egg smell because everyone makes that disgusted face when they hear the title of that anime. Why did I even watch the last episode.

Another one to add to the pile is Gundam G Reco. I tried to watch it but keep dropping it. It is the worst gundam show when AGE part 3 was king of that crown for a long ass time.

I'm pretty harsh on shows so I've avoided a ton of shit over the years. Can't think of any shows I forced myself to watch besides Guilty Gear.

Sword Art became shit after Bullet portion but its not 0/10 since part 1 was good fun imo.

Greco is getting several movies. So much for justice right.

Sometimes you keep watching because someone told you it gets really good or because it's a sequel to an anime you love, so you keep watching hoping it will get better

Oh, that reminds me:

1380310_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_2f4ee2e9-7457-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

-1i/10

Enrages me just seeing this image.

This is what essentially made me stop watching anime... Now I only basically will watch Gundam and Monogatari...
It triggers me...

As someone who liked Eureka Seven back in the day can I get tld on why this is so bad? I've never seen it.

Instro

Would it be too bold of me to suggest that like 90% of harem and ecchi anime belongs here? And a good chunk of the slice of life and shounen action shows too.

I'm not a grumpy old fuck when it comes to anime... but to me, it's worse to be generic and derivative and trope-ridden with no saving grace than it is to be absolutely terrible.

Like, Musashi Gundoh is fucking trash, but at least it's SO bad it's amazing to watch.

EDIT: I'd like to argue the endless light novel adaptations shouldn't count since most of them only adapt a chunk of the source material, but otherwise you can throw them in the trash too.

Realistically there are usually several shows per season that occupy that space and are devoid any visual or narrative merit. Far below even crap like Guilty Crown and the like. Pretty much the low of the low.

Anyway, there are plenty of animeGAF peeps who had to watch some terrible shows over the years due to lost bets.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Fans I've seen online. The fan base is about as crazy as you'd expect for a series embodying the essence of teenage angst
I mean this is true but the manga itself was reasonably entertaining for while but currently it's just boring so I struggle to recommend it overall.

Sunrise original mecha are top tier stupid entertainment and this was no exception. It did veer into boring for a bit after the halfway point but I was back in when the maid asspulled surviving a bullet to her chest.

The running gag of the dude falling into the crotch of the protagonist was asinine.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Has Elfen Lied been mentioned yet? Or do people still try and defend that show?
I never seen the show but manga wise the mc character is a villain protagonist with a tragic back story.
She also dies by the end
. So I found it difficult to be outraged by it.

VDenter

Banned
DBZ (Funimation DUB). No seriously it has so many changes that it might as well be a separate entity from the original.

Verelios

Cross Ange is complete trash.
Bruh, it was trash since episode 1. I hate watched it until episode 19 and I could physically feel my stomach clenching in disgust every second through. I tried to finish it or wait for a resulting character arc. There wasn't one. It was shit.

I regret wasting my time.

School Days.

No matter what the rest of it was like, everything is retrospectively destroyed by that ending.

The last 3 episodes are the best part of School Days.

Kanon/Clannad. I hate the VNs and the anime are like poorly animated versions. I have a soft spot for Air though. Eureka Seven is one of my favorite anime and AO is disgraceful.

Dekutulla

Fate/Zero? More like Fate/Zero out of Ten.

I realize most people disagree but god I couldn't stand any of the important characters in that show.

Dead Guy

School Days.

No matter what the rest of it was like, everything is retrospectively destroyed by that ending.

Haha I was gonna say school days as well but think the ending is the only redeeming factor of the show. It's about as cookie cutter as you can get for a harem anime and makoto has no good qualities whatsoever. Just a douchebag that uses everyone for his own benefit.

Only part of the show that made me happy was when he finally got his comeuppance at the end

Deadman Wonderland really pissed me off because it's good, but then it just abruptly ends without a real ending. It ends when it's just getting great! So I suppose it really doesn't fit the topic, but it is a warning for anyone who is considering watching it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Whoa, hold on now. G Gundam was one of the few Gundams I actually liked. How can anyone hate on Domon Kasshu? Dude's a total badass.

22062l.jpg

After watching all of Kill La Kill and loving it, I was reinvigorated to watch anime again. Angel Beats was my next show choice, and boy was that a mistake. It has an interesting purgatory/after life concept, but everything is muddled by a confusing story and really lame characters. The shows attempt to explain everything about its world using video game and MMO logic was fucking stupid and didn't make any sense.

Fj0823

Oreimo is a pretty special case, in that it fashions itself as mere degenerate trash when it's far more sinister than that. It's insidious the way the show actively hates the audience it's ostensibly meant to appeal to and champions every hateful, negative stereotype of anime fans it can think of while purporting to express a message of acceptance. Or put another way, "Being an anime fan makes you a terrible person but don't worry, just accept yourself for the miserable pile of filth you are and it'll be fine!" The kicker is that none of this really comes across if you've merely followed the story second-hand like I presume a lot of people have.

Also Kuroneko got completely robbed, no character deserves that kind of screw job from their author.

Oreimo starting out as a funny sitcom about acceptance and then slowly turning into a degenerate pile of filth made me blacklist that author forever.

Going by the opinions on Ero Manga Sensei, I made the right call

Kuroneko was robbed, the moment he started dating her was the moment I thought the series was good sweet fun...Then The ending happened

Top Bottom