• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrassleGAF August Edition: Cult of Personality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

This is the first WWE PPV I've bought in as long as I can remember. I'm really looking forward to tonight. Also, for those complaining about the $50 - $60 price, the iPPV is $45 and in HD.

RBH

JKgOa.jpg

20110810_ss_punk_cena_hhh.jpg

Undisputed WWE Championship match
John Cena vs. CM Punk with special guest referee Triple H

20110727_ss_christianorton.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship match
Christian vs. Randy Orton in a No Holds Barred match

20110803_ss_sheamus_henry.jpg

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

20110812_ss_dbryan_wbarrett.jpg

Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett

20110801_ss_divas.jpg

Divas Championship match
Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix

20110725_music_ceelo.jpg

Featuring a concert from Cee Lo Green

Razorskin

----- ------
^^^ Nice post RBH ^^^

Ultratech said:
Christian vs. Randy Orton (No Holds Barred Match)
Orton probably wins. They REALLY need to end this feud.

You want the feud to be over, but Christian is entitled to a rematch once he loses his title.

Razorskin said:
^^^ Nice post RBH ^^^

You want the feud to be over, but Christian is entitled to a rematch once he loses his title.

Chrisitan has been booked to look so weak, he really needs to win to have any credibility going forward. But yes the feud needs to end one way or the other.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Once that feud ends - who does what?

Orton vs. Henry? Given their current attitudes that looks like the only option. Which means Christian vs. Sheamus?

Azuran

Banned
worldrunover said:
Chrisitan has been booked to look so weak, he really needs to win to have any credibility going forward. But yes the feud needs to end one way or the other.

No he hasn't. He beats everyone on the roster no named Orton. Also, he had plenty of back and forth matches with him. He lost cleanly to him twice, then he got screwed at CP, and won by outsmarting Orton last time. They mention plenty of times that he's a great wrestler that needs to stop whining.

The entire feud has been about Orton having his number. You people act like he's getting buried or something. He's the WHC after all.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Azuran said:
No he hasn't. He beats everyone on the roster no named Orton. Also, he had plenty of back and forth matches with him. He lost cleanly to him twice, then he got screwed at CP, and won by outsmarting Orton last time. They mention plenty of times that he's a great wrestler that needs to stop whining.

The entire feud has been about Orton having his number. You people act like he's getting buried or something. He's the WHC after all.
I wonder what Christian's surprise is?

Edge interference?

remnant

Banned
Azuran said:

IWC fans don't know the difference between a loss and a burial.

Azuran said:

I disagree. HHH basically called him out for being a pussy on Friday. How is that helpful? You can be a shitheel and still look like someone who deserves the belt. The storyline right now is basically "Christian is not a credible champion." Even the Miz had a stronger booking last year with the title, and all he did was beat Lawler and Morrison.

Anyway, I don't really even have a problem with the way he's been booked (I'm not a big Christian guy, never have been), I'm just saying if they want him to be a main eventer and look legitimate, then he really needs to win this match. And then go on to feud with Sheamus or something.

painey

the Christian thing leads me to believe either:

1. HUGE debut/return to help Christian, who retains.
2. Completely random face wrestler helps Christian retain, and turns heel
3. Random heel comes to help Christian, Orton brings out random face because 'he knew'

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
painey said:

3. Random heel comes to help Christian, Orton brings out random face because 'he knew'
Edge or Jericho? Undertaker?

somedevil

Christian is going to win because they were also teasing a fued with Sheamus with him. Somebody is going to help him win my guess is brodus clay or edge.

If they want to bring back full circle Christian will come out to his theme in 2005 and the person that helps him is Tyson Tomko.

painey said:

Man Christian needs like a bodyguard type manager like Tyson Tomko. He was an awesome heel during that time

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
painey said:

Christian gets Jericho to interfere on his behalf, Edge comes out and spears Christian to give Orton the title.

How long is the Cee Lo Green segment supposed to be? 20 minutes?

darkside31337 said:
Christian gets Jericho to interfere on his behalf, Edge comes out and spears Christian to give Orton the title.

How long is the Cee Lo Green segment supposed to be? 20 minutes?

I don't think Edge can use the spear with his neck issue.

UberTag

somedevil said:
Christian is going to win because they were also teasing a fued with Sheamus with him. Somebody is going to help him win my guess is brodus clay or edge.

If they want to bring back full circle Christian will come out to his theme in 2005 and the person that helps him is Tyson Tomko.
Tomko is the only one who should be pulling heel bodyguard duties for Captain Charisma. NOT Brodus Clay. NOT Mason Ryan. NOT Edge. NOT Jericho.

Give us Tomko or we riot.

I see the more likely scenarios that HHH turns heel and helps John Cena win without Cena knowing. Another scenario could be that CM Punk wins, HHH is pissed that he won, pedigrees him, and then Del Rio runs out to cash in.

IsayFever

BoboBrazil said:
I see the more likely scenarios that HHH turns heel and helps John Cena win without Cena knowing. Another scenario could be that CM Punk wins, HHH is pissed that he won, pedigrees him, and then Del Rio runs out to cash in.

I thought it was pretty much 100% that Del Rio is cashing in tonight and reigning during their Mexico stint only to lose it to Cena afterwards.

IsayFever said:
I thought it was pretty much 100% that Del Rio is cashing in tonight and reigning during their Mexico stint only to lose it to Cena afterwards.

Either way could work. If the first scenario happens Cena could be pissed that he won unfairly, but then go on to feud with Del Rio over the title over the upcoming months, while HHH feuds with Punk. Or you could extend the Punk/Cena feud another month and do a match inside a steel cage with no interference allowed.

Lunchbox

Banned
del rio cash in is happening tonight

both men will be down then he'll run down and put himself in the match and walk away with the belt. they are not gonna settle the "undisputed" champ in anyway. if they do it'll kill who ever loses. so cena is obviously not losing it, and i dont think they want to kill punk before mania. cash in keeps both guys from looking weak since its like del rio stole away the belt

then mr. h's can cut a promo on how they fought like girls while del rio is the smart guy and his new corporate champion

DKehoe

HHH costs Punk the match, whether or not its intentional isn't clear. Sets up a fued between Punk and HHH with them eventually facing off at Wrestlemania.

Bazhard

Banned
I am surprised people actually think punk is going to lose.. quite funny.

DKehoe said:
HHH costs Punk the match, whether or not its intentional isn't clear. Sets up a fued between Punk and HHH with them eventually facing off at Wrestlemania.
Starting a feud this early? and having punk/hhh at WM? no, it will be at survivor series the latest, HHH will do something at night of champs creating their hatred towards each other into a head on feud at survivor series.

They are gonna do something special with punk at WM, like Austin, a 10 month feud between hhh/punk? isn't going to happen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bazhard said:
I am surprised people actually think punk is going to lose.. quite funny.

Starting a feud this early? and having punk/hhh at WM? no, it will be at survivor series the latest, HHH will do something at night of champs creating their hatred towards each other into a head on feud at survivor series.

They are gonna do something special with punk at WM, like Austin, a 10 month feud between hhh/punk? isn't going to happen.

They set up the main event to the next Wrestlemania a day after the last one ended. It's never too early.

10 months of HHH/Punk would not be surprising at all. It won't be a constant on for 10 months thing, it'd be more along the lines of Rock / Cena rather than a regular weekly feud.

DKehoe

Bazhard said:

I don't think you have anything direct between them. Just Punk continually being held back by what HHH does. As it goes on make it more and more clear that this is something HHH is doing intentionally, building Punk's (and the audiences) frustration with him not being able to get ahead. Then build to the match at wrestlemania from there. Not that I would object to a Punk/Austin match at all.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but Christian did say that he had 'the best thing going'. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't apply to Mason Ryan. I'm betting that it's a new hire. Kings of Wrestling did finish up with ROH last night...

remnant

Banned
canadian crowe said:
I don't want to get my hopes up, but Christian did say that he had 'the best thing going'. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't apply to Mason Ryan. I'm betting that it's a new hire. Kings of Wrestling did finish up with ROH last night...
It's a flair reference. I doubt it means anything.

Credo

cjelly said:
I wonder what Christian's surprise is?

Edge interference?

For the past week, my local sports radio station has been running Summerslam promotions, saying you'll get to see stars like, "John Cena, Randy Orton, Albert Del Rio, and The Edge."

At first I just laughed at how they called them "Albert Del Rio" and "The Edge," and then I thought, "Hmm...maybe there is something to Edge being mentioned."

Still, I seriously doubt it. I just figure they mentioned Edge because they're badly out of touch.

Credo said:
For the past week, my local sports radio station has been running Summerslam promotions, saying you'll get to see stars like, "John Cena, Randy Orton, Albert Del Rio, and The Edge."

At first I just laughed at how they called them "Albert Del Rio" and "The Edge," and then I thought, "Hmm...maybe there is something to Edge being mentioned."

Still, I seriously doubt it. I just figure they mentioned Edge because they're badly out of touch.

Edge was supposed to be at the fan fest this year. Mot sure if he showed up though.

Hopefully this is the blow off match though. Orton and Christian have had great matches, but I've lost interest in the feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom